Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having My Sleeve Surg Aug 7!

Welcome to out August family. There are a great deal of us. I'm 8/20 in NYC.

Guest deleted_user

Having mine the same day.. Good luck

The 3 of us are on the same day. I know zack515 will be with Dr. Aceves in Mexicali. What about you mongola10?

The 3 of us are on the same day. I know zack515 will be with Dr. Aceves in Mexicali. What about you mongola10?

Well I live in TX. I am kinda nervous. I have failed at loosing wt for most of my life. I am afraid to fail at this too. I did not have to do a pre-op diet so that was nice! I feel ready but scared to fail

Guest deleted_user

Well I live in TX. I am kinda nervous. I have failed at loosing wt for most of my life. I am afraid to fail at this too. I did not have to do a pre-op diet so that was nice! I feel ready but scared to fail

Don't worry! And don't let the past pull you down. This time, what you're doing is completely different! I am also terrified of failing, especially with my family proposing failure all the time. But let's keep our mind on the new life we're beginning here and the great success stories/photos on here! I know if we do what we need to do, this tool can't possibly fail us. Feel free to message me your cell number. I don't mind being your text buddy and providing whatever support I can.

You can do this! You just see a year from now where we both will be!

Loleata, I am in tx also. I fear failing with the sleeve as I have the lapband and well I'm now moving to the sleeve. Best of luck to you!

Guest deleted_user

Loleata, I am in tx also. I fear failing with the sleeve as I have the lapband and well I'm now moving to the sleeve. Best of luck to you!

Don't be afraid. The lap band has many issues. It's a cookie cutter surgery where laws restrict how many CCs you can have but everyone finds their "sweet spot" with different CC's/fills, especially with the way they do fills in the U.S. -- giving you some Water and just asking you how you feel versus in some other countries where they use better technologies to see exactly how much restriction you have by completely emptying your band and then giving you a proper fill using a live X-Ray machine.

The vertical sleeve is a different story. I was reading the other day a thread called "The Egg" and people on there were talking about how many eggs they're able to consume with a sleeve. What they did not consider in mind was that the size of their sleeve is determined by the size of their original stomach -- where 85% is eliminated and that is why they were able to consume eggs differently. I chose the sleeve because research shows how successful it is as a long term option. I don't want something reversible because I don't want to just "lose" weight, as I have no intention of gaining it back.

One thing my Doctor said (Dr. Ortiz) is that your sleeve will help you 70% of the way. You (1) eat Protein first and make sure you get 60-80 grams daily, (2) consume vegetables and fruits second and carbohydrates last, and (3) drink your Water and (4) watch your calories so you're always in the 600-800 range, then you've done your part (30% of the way). The remaining 10% to reach 100% success rate comes from not just exercising but weight training.

I wish you all the best! Again, if you ever need to just vent, need support or encouragement, feel free to talk to me.

This is excellent advise. Very clear "formula" for success. Mind if I write it down. I have a list of thing to live by on my iPhone.

Thank you for the formula - I needed to read that!

Guest deleted_user

This is excellent advise. Very clear "formula" for success. Mind if I write it down. I have a list of thing to live by on my iPhone.

Thanks! Credit goes to Dr. Ortiz! :) Definitely copy and share this all you want. I found a

of him discussing this formula in a similar fashion as I described above. He is talking to a plication patient, but the same applies to our sleeves.

Thank you for the formula - I needed to read that!

You're welcome! :) I'm glad I can be of help.