Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't Make Up My Mind......kinda Long

I am 27 years old and decided to have wls 3 years ago when my 4th child was born with special needs. She is going to need my care for as long as she lives! To do that I need to loose weight! I have not been able to loose weight on my own so wls is my last ditch effort to be healthy! I decided to get sleeved. Went through the whole process and got denied because I didn't have 5 years in a row of 40+ BMI. So I have been waiting.... I decided a month or so ago to forget the ins and go to mx. I did my paper work and sent it in. I then told my parents about my plan and they pretty much begged me to try one more time here....I decided ok for them I will try ONE more time! Well I just got an email saying I was approved to be sleeved with Dr Kelly. I have wanted a date for three years and now that I have one I'm being asked to turn it down! I am so overwhelmed and stressed out with this! Thanks for letting me vent!!

There are some people who will completely detest Mexico, but as long as you do your research you will be fine. I myself am going to mexico in 20 days. Just using a different doctor. I had the same struggles from my parents. My husband is in law enforcement and is urged to not go across the border, but we have done our research well. Dr. Kelly is a great doctor. Alot of patients use him. I say as long as you feel comfortable with your research, with the doctor, and with mexico I see nothing wrong with it.

There is a Mexico forum where you can read other people who have went out of the US for their surgeries. I have to say though, no matter where you go you will always find atleast one person who thinks you will be making a mistake going to Mexico. Whether it be family, friends, or people on here. However despite how some people may feel on here ( this forum) we are all here to support each other no matter the decision they've made. Not everyone has insurance, or the money to self pay in the states. Just hold your head high if this is the choice you make, and stick to it. Don't let anyone push you down.

Best of luck in your journey. Keep us updated.

I got no support from my family. I just stop talking about it. If someone made a comment about it I would say " I 'm just thinking about it" and thank them for there concern. Then just go when the date comes. It's none of there business. This is for you and your daughter.

Dr. Kelly is a good surgeon. My doctor, dr. Ponce de leon taught him well. One thing you need to watch out for is that he well charge you extra for complications.

In life, do what you need. Let others do what they need. You need this, your husband supports you. Just do it.

A big part of me deciding was that I want to do more with my life than diet and exercise, you NEED to concentrate on your child, not diet and exercise. The sleeve is a tool that if you just plan you can work the sleeve with minimal disruption to family life.

I wanted to name my little boy Oliver. I told my mom while I was pregnant. She was so dead set against it and talked so negatively that I named him Riley Oliver. Sometimes we are better off telling ppl after its done, that way they hold their tongues.