Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm really struggling this week to get calories in and with heartburn. I'm sooooooo tired! I'll be 3 weeks out tomorrow. I have my post op appt Tuesday. I've thrown up a couple times bc I've eaten too fast. That's definitely not fun.

Are you still on heartburn meds? Some ppl are still advised to take their prilosec or whatever other med you may be on daily after their surgery. It also is supposed to help with "mind hunger."

I didn't have any heartburn symptoms but my doc told me to stay on it until my f/up. He then took me off and I've been fine since then.

I'm struggling with low energy too and I've had no trouble getting my Protein and Water in.

A big issue with me now is that I really don't feel "restriction." I'm able to drink 6 oz slowly w/o a problem and most ppl say they feel restrictions after only 2-4 oz. My husband says I'm crazy and I shouldn't look at no complications as a bad sign. I don't want to have gone through all this and have some massive stretching of my pouch or something. I've been following doctor's orders and I haven't pushed it, but I think I should feel some "restriction." I feel a little discomfort when I 1st eat (or rather drink something), but that's it. After the 1st sip, a slight spasm, then a burp, and I'm good.

I'm really struggling this week to get calories in and with heartburn. I'm sooooooo tired! I'll be 3 weeks out tomorrow. I have my post op appt Tuesday. I've thrown up a couple times bc I've eaten too fast. That's definitely not fun.

Don't focus so much on calories at this point. Protein is more important. Some days will be better than others. Some days you will be able to get it all in, and somedays you won't. My heartburn was horrible at night. So I started taking my Prilosec before bed. Much better. As for the tiredness, my doctor explained to me that it is VERY normal because your body is taking every bit of protein you consume to "heal a wound" (your stomach). You have no protein reserved, so you feel tired. It will get better as your stomach heals. Good luck to you.

They didn't give me heartburn meds. I've been taking Zantac 150 the last few days. I have my follow up on Tuesday.

Tara - the first couple of weeks are the worst for heatburn according to my Doc. Its because the stomach is swollen and will send the excess acid up. I had GERD before surgery and so doubled my dose of prilosec with one in the morning and one in the evening and I still had to do Tums when it was really bad. I'm weeks out now and feel so much better... well except for this darn stall I'm in.

Mz_Elle - in the beginning its hard to drink because the stomach is swollen and can accomodate only so much. Once the swelling goes down, around 3 to 4 weeks you should be able to get much more liquid in as it will just flow through your stomach. My sips now are the regular size sips I took before surgery and I can usually get in 16oz in an hour - but I'm a slow drinker. I always get my 11oz Protein Drink in around 30 to 40 minutes. It would take a lot of dense food overeating over time to stretch the sleeve and even then it will never ever stretch to the size it was before surgery. Its still all about making good food choices.