Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits September Chat

Steve Irwin, our crocodile hunter passed away tragically less than two days ago, please share in our grief, a great family, 2 kids 2 and 8!

I was devasted when I found out, I think out kiwi and Ozzie friends need some support,

personnally I am gutted, where do you go from here~:eek: :P

Yes, that was so sad about Irwin. I really do feel for his family. I used to enjoy watching him. So......Amourette are you going to join our challenge now that your back?????

Boo: I was on a plateau for about a month!! Bummer!!!! Then I dropped 5 #'s. I think the main reason for my plateau was NO EXERCISE. So.... I'm trying to stick to this challenge. I even joined Curves to get me started. So exercise may be just what you need to kick start your weight loss. Why not join us in the September challenge?

Roberta

Thanks, I will! What do I do? I'm turning off my computer right now and going to the gym. Then what?

Thanks, I will! What do I do? I'm turning off my computer right now and going to the gym. Then what?

Well... come on over to "April 2006 Bandits September Challenge" The idea is to do at least 30 mins. of exercise at least 15x during the month of September. We figured that this would be doable even for those of us who haven't been exercising regularly. We also keep a log of our exercise. We are there to encourage one another, or to gripe about not being able to buckle down to exercise. No one is made to feel guilty if they slip up!!!! So....come join us. You might as well, you just said your on your way to the gym.:clap2: So you'll start keeping track from today!! There are 24 more days left in the month so you have plenty of time to make our goal. Just look thru the thread and you'll see different ideas on how to post your progress. Use whatever format you want. Come on April bandits....join us!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Roberta

Ironically I was in the states when the news broke.Thanks Picardy for startiing this tread, I was away and no where a computer to start it off!!!!

allison amd erikka, whwere are you?

Love Amourettexxxx

:bump: Ok, fellow April Bandsters, what is going on here? I had to go back about 4 pages to find our thread. Where is everyone? How is everyone doing?

Eficka, was this your first ever fill? Wow! I can't believe she didn't numb the area first. My surgeon does all my fills and numbs them first. Isn't it weird when they have you sit up with this big ol' needle still sticking out of you?

Anyways, I am glad they decided to give you a fill. And, I was also happy to hear from an April Bandster!

she didnt even numb the port area with some cream or anything

Hmmm. I've had three fills, and my doctor has never put any numbing cream on the port area. Since the procedure never hurt beyond a tiny pinprick, it never occurred to me to ask.

Isn't it weird when they have you sit up with this big ol' needle still sticking out of you?

Again, I'm totally unfamiliar with such a procedure. I lay down, he inserts the needle and does the fill, then removes the needle, and I sit up. That takes, like 90 seconds. Or less.

I have a fourth fill scheduled at the end of the month. I have achieved a certain amount of restriction wherein I have to be really careful HOW I eat, e.g., slowly, small bites, etc. But I still have not felt restricted with regard to quantity and can easily eat a large plateful. I try to balance this by making wise food choices, so basically we're talking a seemingly unlimited capacity for veggies. Which kind of makes me crazy, because I was counting on the band to restrict the volume of food I can eat.

hi Susan and Bluehill, once she accesed the port with needel it didnt hurt although it was a weird feeling,yep it was my first fill ever.

I was also lying down and she just did the fill no standing up or sitting?:-)I guess every doctor is different.

It was my first fill ever and I guess for a long time last one,because my doc says she doesnt like filling her patients too much cause she is afraid that they will come back later on and there will be no more room for another fill and what I think is that they never fill you over 7-8 cc even if you have 10cc band.

she told me to eat much less,so I gave it a try I was hungry as hell and cause I ate only 400cals till 7p.m. I was nauseous and thought that I would faint.thats not a good way for me cause I need some energy to be able to go to the gym.I think that the woman is a bit crazy,she also told me that alhough I have lost a lot of fat I also lost a lot of muscle,I dont understand it since I go to the gym and excercise plus I do some weights...hm Im just thinking that it might be that Im not eating enough...she told me to eat veggies for dinner and I said oh ok with meat right and she told me no cause it stays too long in the stomach...ok where from am I supposed to get the Protein? she said yougurth but if you look at the packaging yougurth has like 3.2grams of protein in one glass (or however you call it:-)) and Im supposed to get at least 80grams of protein? Theres something wrong in her calculation,dont you think?

I know shes "just" a surgeon and wants to see the results but there are some limits I cant go under or over...like eating under 800cals.I cant work or think when I dont eat...

sorry about the bickering I just needed to tell it to someone:-))

thanx for listening:-))

hopefully you all are doing much much better:-))

Hmmm, Eficka, seems like some strange suggestions she has.

My doc inserts the needle in the port and gives me a bit of fill, then he has me sit up so I can drink and he can see how well it flows. When I had my first one, we knew I was too full when I took a big drink and it immediately came right back up, that was soooo pleasant.