Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello And Getting Closer To Scheduling My Surgery!

Hello everyone!! I am 33 years old, 471 pounds and tired of being overweight. I'm married and have two children,and one furkid. I want to do more with them on a daily basis, not just interacting with them daily, but running, rollerskating, hula hooping,and jump roping!! I miss doing those things. My girls have asked for us to take them to Disney World, but I know a large amusment park like Disney, there is no way I could go there and enjoy myself, I want their experience to be magical, not a nightmare because mommy got stuck in a turnstile or couldn't fit in the tea cups :unsure: ...I have decided to have the bariatric sleeve surgery because I'm just tired of living my life this way, and it's just passing me by. I get angry :angry: when I think of all the time I've wasted being this way instead of taking action years ago and having this done. I sought out the source of my tremendous weight gain, and found it to be I am an emotional eater. Now that I have that in check, I think about how I'm feeling before I eat, instead of shoving food in my mouth. I'm done with one clearance which was a stress test and let me tell you, I never ever in life want another one of those. It freaked me out having my heart beat faster from the dobutamine being pumped into my IV, but I wasn't moving. I would have rather run around the bed a few times with the nurse on my back to get my heart rate up. Just one more to complete this Friday, my psychological test, I'm pretty confident about it, I feel that I have dealt with the emotional eating, but will continue to keep an eye on that to make sure I don't slip back into that. I'm one day into my pre-op diet because my doctor wants me to try to lose 30lbs before my surgery date. I'm surprised that I'm not hungry, I thought drinking protien and eating only once, I would be ravenous by the end of the day, I feel great!! I'm hoping to schedule by the begining of or mid-August. My insurance will approve the surgery with a BMI of 70 and co-morbidities with no 6-month requirement of documentation. My BMI is 70ish and I am on meds for high BP. I am looking forward to this surgery, I'm ready to get off the sidelines and start enjoying time with my family. :D

Good for you!

Welcome to VST. You will find a wealth of information here and tremendous support. It sounds like you are well on your way to your surgery. Best of luck to you in your journey.

Thank u! Im really looking forward to this, I'm super excited to learn all I can before surgery.