Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Did I Do To Myself ?

I've read about it several times on this forum , but I thought it would never happen to me . I went out to eat with my daughter to a Indian resteraunt & had baked swordfish & yogurt . After what I thought was just a few bites I realized I was in trouble ! I had this big lump of fish in my throat that would not go down ! I started to freak b/c it's such a scary feeling ! I tried sipping some Water & that made it worse . I finally got up & went to the bathroom . I didn't even have to retch like I normally would if I was going to vomit ...it just came up with all this clear slimy stuff & there was a lot ! More than I can remember eating ! What was that ? I hope I didn't hurt my sleeve ? That's the first time I've vomited since being sleeved ...really scared me !

That would be "sliming" it happens to some of us when we eat too much, too fast, wrong consistency, etc. so it's kind of "normal" happened to me 6 times total. It's awful!

Oh lord that sounds like an AWFUL experience!!! Hope i don't have a problem sliming!

Hope you don't have that happen again either!

Oh wow! That's terrible! Now I know to be careful!

This horrifies me and is my biggest post-op fear! I'm seriously terrified of throwing up, havent done it in over 39 years. ;(

I'm so sorry you had that experience. Do you think you ate too much or do you think it was the consistency of the swordfish? Maybe analyzing what cause that to happen will help you prevent that in the future.

I only threw up once after surgery and that was from a skinless costco chicken wing that was washed off. I usually end up sitting on the bathroom floor super nauseous. Sweaty and spit up alot(unable to throw up) if I over eat

I've slimed once last week. I'm almost 4 weeks out and while gross, I can tell you I INSTANTLY felt better once it came up. I drank a glass of Water and had not waited long enough before eating and the first few bites were too fast.

My NUT recommends Adolphs meat tenderizer as an emergency kit type thing. She says mix a little in Water and drink if you feel food is stuck. It's supposed to help it go down...or come up lol quickly.

That would be "sliming" it happens to some of us when we eat too much' date=' too fast, wrong consistency, etc. so it's kind of "normal" happened to me 6 times total. It's awful![/quote']

Well , it makes me feel a little better if you've done it Sleeve of Steel b/c I know you usually eat & drink what you want with no problem :))

That would be "sliming" it happens to some of us when we eat too much' date=' too fast, wrong consistency, etc. so it's kind of "normal" happened to me 6 times total. It's awful![/quote']

Well , it makes me feel a little better if you've done it Sleeve of Steel b/c I know you usually eat & drink what you want with no problem :))

Well , that makes me feel a little better Sleeve of Steel b/c I know you can usually eat or drink whatever you want without problems :)

Oh lord that sounds like an AWFUL experience!!! Hope i don't have a problem sliming!

Hope you don't have that happen again either!

Me too...scared the hell outta me ... !

HOLY SH*T BATMAN! Look at all the duplicate posts LOL

This horrifies me and is my biggest post-op fear! I'm seriously terrified of throwing up' date=' havent done it in over 39 years. ;(

I'm so sorry you had that experience. Do you think you ate too much or do you think it was the consistency of the swordfish? Maybe analyzing what cause that to happen will help you prevent that in the future.

[/quote']

I'm not sure what it was ...I think I ate to fast & didn't chew it up enough even though it was very soft . I'm going into my 4th week now & can eat soft foods . I think old habits die hard . I've always ate too fast & barely chewed my food in the past . Even though I've been conscience of chewing correctly & taking my time I obviously didn't do either enough this time !

I've slimed once last week. I'm almost 4 weeks out and while gross' date=' I can tell you I INSTANTLY felt better once it came up. I drank a glass of Water and had not waited long enough before eating and the first few bites were too fast.

My NUT recommends Adolphs meat tenderizer as an emergency kit type thing. She says mix a little in Water and drink if you feel food is stuck. It's supposed to help it go down...or come up lol quickly.[/quote']

Thanks for the advice ...I'm going to try & find some of that tomorrow . Where did you find that brand of tenderizer ?