Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow...this feels amazing..posting in the POST op section:P I am day five post-op and decided to write a little on how everything went. I got to the hospital at 5:30 on tues morning, by the time they checked me in and I got a room it was prob 6:30. I used the bathroom in the waiting room not knowing I had to give a sampl, they started me an IV wide open to fill my bladder and up and get me to pee. TMI alert there will be some TMI moments in this so please bear with me! ^.^ I was verrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, extremellllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy nervous but they couldn't give me anything until I had talked to everyone(nurses) that I needed to talked to. Besides giving me an IV they gave me some thick yellow stuff to swoosh around in my mouth and swallow, it was ok, it was an anitbiotic. They used my urine for a pregnancy test. I talked to my doctor, 2 anthesists, and 2 nurses and they all basicaly were telling me everything you already know. The anthesist(can't spell) made me feel sooooooooooo much more comfortable and better because I was a nervous wreck. I was gripping onto the bed and everytime they would talk about putting me under I started to tear up. They gave me some antibiotic for my stomach, pepcid, through my iv and then right before they wheeled me away to OR they gave me some ver-sad. The lady was saying after they gave it to me I probably wouldn't remember nothing but I remember everything, all it did was make me very calm. I remember looking around the OR but I couldn't see too good because I obv. can't wear my contacts/glasses. People started putting Patches and stickers all over my body and unting my gown. I remember the anthesist telling me they were going to give me some oxygen and to take some deep breaths and then I would go to sleep but psshhh I know that wasn't any oxygen! LOL! As soon as I took one breath I was knocked out! Next thing I know I was in the recovery room! SOOOOO hAPPY!

I was still a little disoreinted but I knew I was ok. They gave me some pain meds and then wheeled me off to a room where I could see my hubbs. I was so very tired, I would fall asleep mid coverstation with people, all i wanted to do is sleep. They took me to x-ray to do a swallow and it took like 2 hours because the radiologist was busy doing something. It was uncomfortable laying on the table for a while. They took me back to my room and I heard 2 nurses talking and it sounded like they said someone had over 40 scans and showed 2 leaks!!!! It started freaking me out! I don't think they were from my doctor, I think I was his only patient that day but it sounded awful! That would explain why the other doc was so busy! After they got my report that I was leak free they gave me my discharge papers! I hadn't even walked yet or had anything to drink. I thought that was VERY odd. THey said I did extremely well compared to most people and since I did so well with the swallow I would with my liquids which I have been! They have me some ice chips and a wheel chair and I left a 2 pm!

Now since I am at home I have been feeling VERY GOOD. Day one and two I mostly had gas pain and nauesa. I did notice that no matter how much I hated it-walking really helped with the gas. Pehengren helps with the nausea and I still haven't threw up even tho sometimes I want to. The first two days I also have not got my Protein and i notice that made me more sick feeling, when I would get some in it made me feel better. TOday i havent done so good with Protein either, only 35 grams, i have been sleeping alot so that messes me up. My incisions have been hurting, esp the one my stomach came out of, so that is why I am taking pain pills, but that is really my only pain now. My period started today, I got a hemmorroid, ouch, and then I am consitpated so all that is causing discomfort. My hubbs went to the store and gave me enema lol!!!!! It really helped!! I feel alot better now, now I am going to be putting Fiber in my Water. Well I have typed way too much so I am going to sign off for now! Sorry the last part isn't as detailed as I wanted it but if anyone pre-op has any questions, feel free to ask me anything!!

& BTW I HAVE LOST 8 POUNDS!

Congrats! Can't wait to be post op either :)

Congratulations! You did it. So did I on the 25th of June. I am only 12 days out and loving my sleeve. Enjoy! and keep taking the liquids and your Protein.< /p>

wow

So glad to hear that you are doing so well, It only proves further that we heal so much faster when we are in our own beds. I will have a two day stay, but my bed I will be thinking about.

Keep up the great work,and I wish you the best of luck. I hope things keep moving smoothly.

So glad to hear that you are doing so well' date=' It only proves further that we heal so much faster when we are in our own beds. I will have a two day stay, but my bed I will be thinking about.

Keep up the great work,and I wish you the best of luck. I hope things keep moving smoothly.[/quote']

Not me ..can only sleep on my back because of drain ..but the hospital bed had great back support..slept practically sitting up..with legs slightly elevated...now at home wake up in really bad back pain since I can't roll over.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using VST.. For SEO checkout seopressor SEO plugin

Hi there,

Like you I had a really good experience as far as surgery goes. I was sleeved on June 25th so I am 12 days out and overall I feel pretty good. I found that Day 0-5 were tough because the clear liquid diet is pretty restrictive, I had two surgical drains sticking out of my belly (which made me feel like some kind monster, and it was tough to sleep) but I didn't have any nausia.

Day 5-12 have been pretty good overall. I have two Protein shakes a day to make sure I get at least 50grams of Protein per day and then I take liquid Vitamins, a chewable Calcium and a chewable Iron. I really attribute this regime to making me feel as good as I do.

I have been one of the lucky ones in terms of I have felt no nausia or vomiting, I have felt no hunger, and I have healed really well.

On the other hand, two years ago I had gallbladder surgery and it went terribly wrong. So for those people who are having a tough time out there, I have nothing but sympathy and I hope you get well soon.

Kitty

Storm warning my doctor used to have people stay but now he does almost everyone outpatient because he found people heal better at home. I am so grateful I could come home.

Patrick I am so terribly sorry that you are not able to sleep-good sleep always makes you feel better and lets your body recover. The first night I could not sleep at all and had terrrible back pain, pillows would not support my lower back if I sat up and I could not lay down in our bed, I blew up our air mattress and have been sleeping on that. I don't have any drains though and am sleeping on my side wth a pillow under neath my tummy. I hope that you can get good rest soon!

Storm warning my doctor used to have people stay but now he does almost everyone outpatient because he found people heal better at home. I am so grateful I could come home.

Patrick I am so terribly sorry that you are not able to sleep-good sleep always makes you feel better and lets your body recover. The first night I could not sleep at all and had terrrible back pain' date=' pillows would not support my lower back if I sat up and I could not lay down in our bed, I blew up our air mattress and have been sleeping on that. I don't have any drains though and am sleeping on my side wth a pillow under neath my tummy. I hope that you can get good rest soon![/quote']

I can sleep well... its that I wake up with a lot of back pain and shoulder pain.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using VST.. seopressor plugin