Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September's Chat

Cindy, I so agree, our special group is almost all here and accounted for. Still a few MIA's.

Eileen, I HATE going to dentist. Last time I went I paid in advance for one of those deep gum cleanings, so I'd go back, only to lose $60.00 cause I cancelled the appt, still have a balance on the books, YIKES.

Keeping dgson today, he loves nana to sing to him, he knows a good voice when he hears one, lmao!

Rene, so good to hear from you.

Sherry and Kat and Diane, I can't even keep up with you gals.

Ann, my biggest regret of raising my kids is I did not send them to private school, I had the finances and should have done it. I think the education is more one on one, no offense Cindy my love, but for my two BOYS, I think it makes a difference. My 12yr old gson went for 5 years, he's one of the smartest kids in his school, (now goes to public school), way beyond his peers. I'd like to send the younger two, but Dh says that's their parents responsiblity...We'll see, LOL.

Gotta go take gson to dr, nose, ears, and throat appear to be a problem.

Hugs Gang.

Ohhh I only wish I was going on a cruise Cindy hee hee. Actually it's Diane that's going to Bermuda this time :)

Wow only 58 more days of teaching.....ohhhhh lucky you. Uncle Sam's last piece of mail to me said I have to work until I'm 70ish to get 100% social security...ohhh how depressing lol

Hey guys... Wow.. I'm really behind... not sure I can catch up! I'm a glowin... and feel like somewhat of a leper. :) Apparently it's the 1st 48hrs that I have to really worry about exposing others to the radioactive iodine that my bod is excreting. After that... the chances are slim... unless of course I pee on someone or spit on them. :) I'll try and control myself. :)

I'm feeling scatter brained so I will come back and attempt personals later!

(((hugs)))

Hey Y'all!

Gosh, I am tired! DH kept me up most of the night last night, tossing and turning. Didn't even get to enjoy anything out of it to make it better either:D Rough day at work to top if off, but now I am done with supper and ready to relax just a while.

Beanie - Gosh, I have to clean up the keyboard from all the drooling I did about your meal! Sounds wonderful! Glad to see you here too!:)

Darcy - Yikes, does that mean you can't get near you DH? You should have him take a picture of you glowing! tee hee!

Eileen - Man I hate the dentist, and haven't been for a long time, about 6 years or so!

Cindy - Wow girlie, I wish I was retiring that soon! I would love to stay home!

Sherry - Your recipes sound great, I am definately going to try them. Good luck on the job!

Pat - Your voice is so pretty, that is why DGS loves for you to sing to him.

Mary - hello! Looking forward to you stopping by soon.

Kat - I probably missed it, but where in texas are you going? Is it close to us? Heck, we could have met somewhere if it was. Glad to hear DH is feeling so much better. Don't work too hard!

Patty - Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Dianne - I sure wish I could go on a cruise! Have one for me!

Anne - Hope you get the job if that what you want. I know when you are at home with kids all day, it really does help to get away for a while.

I am going to a Harley deal on Saturday. I am going to enter in the competition again, so hopefully I will win something. It is suppose to rain, so I hope it doesn't do it until I am done. :) Then our neighbor is having a BBQ and invited us over. It is also my B-day so I will try to have a little fun too.

Well, going to get comfy and relax and watch Grey's. Anyone else watch it???

So, tonight we went downtown to Bubba Gump's on Times Square. We got a seat RIGHT at the front window and we got to watch them film a commercial (probably some fashion/dept store thing) right out in front of the restaurant while we ate. Pretty groovy!

We wandered around down there for a bit after dinner. We passed by some kind of commotion and were told there was a "high profile event" at the Tropics Club. They had skinny blondes in bikini bits dancing out front and the huge spot lights to the sky, the cordoned off side-walk and all like that. We didn't see anybody we recognized - but there were some folks dressed to the nines. It was all VERY downtown NYC.

One thing we have noticed - everybody in the city is working some angle... there were a couple of guys out front of the Times Square Toys R Us - one dressed as Sponge Bob and the other dressed as Shrek. Those guys were charging $10 bucks to get your picture taken with them. They must have been making about $600/hour. Amazing.

I have already been informed of my trip dates for October and November - so once those are confirmed, I will let you guys know when I will be back. I swear, we should try to get together a little group. Pat - isn't it about time for you to make your annual shopping trip to NYC? I am thinking November would be good for that. :] What about you, Sherry? It isn't that far, is it?

We could have a pajama party at the hotel... drink too much in the bar and then stay up all night watching HBO or something. I think that would be REALLY fun! We could go the Chart House before the bar thing.... Seriously - let's play.

Well, I have to get packed up for the return to Dallas... so I had better sign off. I can't gurantee that I will be in tough too much for a bit when I return... It will probably take me a month to catch up. *sigh*

Love you guys. I will try to stop by more. I miss you and I need the motivation when I am at home - not when I am here in food Land.

TTL!

xo

BEANIE !!!! I heard on the news this morning there was shooting and a fatal death in the Holiday Inn, Fort Lee .......... PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR OKAY !!!!!!!!!! My stomach is in my throat :) I pray your in the Hilton!!!!!

Good morning girls, not a good way to start the day eh.... I'll be back later.

HUGS AND KISSES !!!

Pheeeeeeeew Beanie's OKAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just got an email from her... now I can change my undies from the poop stains.

Wowza...Thanks Eileen! I was watching an online news channel for NYC! Was she in that hotel????

You never know what excitement you're gonna find here! I was scared to death, then thank God found the news that Beanie is okay!

Darcy, I hope you are doing okay...I worry about you. Do you feel sick or anything, or just light-headed? Take care of yourself!

Pat, I'm hard to offend (really, ya'll!). Maybe I haven't been clear about this, but my own DD does go to a private school. Yes, we pay tuition (8,000/year); but we qualify for a little financial assistance, so our responsibility is a little over 5 thousand. Her 4th grade class has 8 students in it. There are no federal or state mandates, stipulations, red tape, hoops or tests. They are tested every year, but use the standardized Stanford Achievement Test. Both DH and I are public school teachers, and chose to make the sacrifice financially to send DD to private school, because it meets her needs best. Choosing among private, public and homeschool is a choice for parents to make, keeping the needs of their children in mind. That's probably more than anyone needed to know about that, but if you are trying to decide what to do (anyone) it sure helps to hear other people's rationale. I know I talked to lots of people when we were in the situation of making that decision. DD went to public school for 1st grade, and 3 weeks of 2nd.

Betty, good luck in your Harley competition! Where is it? Someday, DH and I would like to come to one of those...perferably when we have the $$ to buy him one!

Well, summer has returned here in North Texas...it's gonna be 98 for the high temp today! Yuck! Keep sending me those fall weather reports...I live vicariously through them! And you!

Tomorrow is runaround to birthday parties and Girl Scout activities. Sunday is Haven's first vocal recital...she is singing "Castle on a Cloud" from Les Miserables, and is also in an ensemble singing selections from Annie. I'm waaaaaay more nervous than she is! LOL!

Luv you all!

Cindy, Our high today is 67 and cloudy. I am leaving for Disney in just 1 week and the high there has been in the 90's and humid, I'm gonna die....~Mandy

Awww Mandy... hopefully a cooling trend will come through for your trip!

CIndy... Maybe Air-Headed... LOL... I feel fine... it's just weird keeping my distance from my family.

Beanie

those skinny blondes in the bikini's last night in the city heck one of them was me HEHEHE.glad your ok.

hope to hear from you soon.

Rita-Ann

Well girls/guys

my son Michael turned 18 and its the first time ever I didn't spend his birthday with him, he is in college and is 6 hours away. he goes to Slippery Rock University 45min north of Pittsburgh. We did visit him over the weekend the whole gang, grandparents and uncles, cousins, and my ex-husband and his family. what a great time. you all will proud to know food was not my comfort this time. It was strange. I decided when I got the band I was going to truly change no matter how hard it was and I told my husband when I felt blue and felt like I wanted to eat or cheat. he was going to have to make L*ve to me to get me thru it.. he wanted to know why we didn't get the lap-band sooner!!!!!!!!!!! big smile and a wink LOL

if it wasnt for this thread and all the support. I don't think I would have been able to get thru the day thank all of you.I appreciate you all.

Love your new friend,

Rita-Ann

xoxo

Hi, Rita! You've got a great support plan going there...I bet your husband IS happy with your lapband! My DH affectionately calls us "lapdancers" but I know he wasn't aware of your NYC escapades! LOL!

So you actually live in NJ? The rest of us, besides Eileen, are interlopers...we just found each other somehow, and love to hangout together.

Darcy, I hope you are taking advantage of your forced separation, and resting and relaxing! I'm glad you are not feeling sick. I'm also glad that this will put an end to some of the thyroid problems you've been having. ((Big HUG))!

Gotta run for now...

Hi goils, Beanie was in a different hotel and knew nothing about it LOLOL... THANK GOD!!

Well I'm off to get my tooth pulled...... talk to you.. mumble to you later LOLOL.