Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September's Chat

Hi everyone!

I've been a big stress ball today. DD and DS had their first day of school, so I worried all morning. Plus, DH got on a plane to San Francisco. He HAD to fly today?! So it's been a worrying kind of day, but all is good now. The mammogram went great last week. Whatever they saw last time has shrunk a bit (a cyst? nanobots? leprechans? hard to say). Kids had a great day too, so now I'm unwinding.

Pat, I'm going to take a pic of my dining room table and you'll never feel bad about your desk again. :rolleyes: I couldn't get any work done sitting in your office with that beautiful view.

Patty, Happy Belated Birthday!! I'm shy about getting pedicures too, but they are a lot of fun. I walk around barefoot all summer so my tooties are all beat up. Good luck with the WLS attorney - keep us posted on the fight.

Kat, I love the new avatar. You're gorgeous! Sorry about the dog scare. My sister's MIL was attacked a year ago (she's a mail lady in Canada) and was seriously injured, so now I'm a lot more leary of strange dogs. Glad you're okay!

Mandi, any luck today with the dog search? It's great news that you spotted her nearby. Hopefully she will come home when she's hungry enough. (((HUGS)))

Dianne, how is your throat doing today? Glad to hear you're on the mend.

Darcy, I'm sorry that you've been feeling down. I noticed a huge difference when my weight climbed back over 225. I don't want to get down on the floor and play and my energy level is way down. I wish we lived close enough to walk together! Did you ever join WW?

Betty, mmmmmmm....veggie soup! I've been craving Soup lately too. Must be the changing temps. It's been very cool up here for the last few days - I think Fall is officially here.

I think that I may have an email from Donna from a long time ago. I will see if I can dig it up!

Eilene, did you get everything straightened out with all of the computer viruses? Hope you boss is away tomorrow so that you can come out and play!

Beanie, Mary, Cindy, Sherry - what's up? :biggrin1:

Tomorrow I'm off to search for the ingredients to make a Patrick cake for my son's birthday on Thursday (Patrick Star from Spongebob Squarepants). I'm not much of a decorator unless you like those little sugar letters stuck to paper that you get at the grocery store, but I'll see what I can do. Have a great evening everyone!

Here's my entry in the messiest room contest. This is the dining room, full of junk from the Labor Day camping trip and everything I cleaned out of the closets. This room always seems to be my dumping ground for junk. I didn't even get a view of all the crud on the floor around the table... :faint:

post-204878-1381313410306_thumb.jpg

oops - can someone PM me directions for making pictures smaller when you post them? Dont want my mess even bigger than it is. :rolleyes:

Just so you don't think I'm a complete slob, here's a pic of my favorite room in the house. We gutted it out last winter and put in new counters, applances, and lighting.

post-204878-13813134105009_thumb.jpg

Another view... That's Callie's head behind the island, and those are her crayon marks on the front of the cupboard, lol.

post-204878-13813134106837_thumb.jpg

Okay, one more. This is a pic of the kids this morning before their first day of school. Guess I should have posted these on the picture thread...

post-204878-13813134108439_thumb.jpg

AWWWWWW, the cute red heads! I thought I saw red poking up from beside the counter, LOL. The kids are adoreable, who do they get the red hair from?

OK you win, your dining room table is a mess! So are you into red candles? And what's with the unboxed silverware?

I love your new kitchen, somewhere to hang everything. Your back splash tile matches the same color that I have in my bathroom on the floor and around my shower, i just have larger tiles. Great minds think alike, LOL.

I hope that penny jar never falls off the top of the fridge..OUCH!

Hugs girlie!

OMGosh, is that real food that was cooked in a real oven sitting on the stove :omg: . I love looking at pictures of other peoples houses.

I need to post pictures of my bedroom to get ideas on what to put on all my windows.

OMIGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could your lil ones be any cuter???? I think not!!!! I love your kitchen!!! Oh... and are you sure that was your table... looks a bit like mine???? :rolleyes:

Here's one Anne... :rolleyes:

post-203959-13813134110004_thumb.jpg

Anne, how old are the kids? The little one looks too small for Kindergarden. ~Mandy

Hi Y'all!

It's late and I am tired, but wanted to stop and say hello! It was a tiring day today, just totally busy all the way around. I love staying busy though so I am not complaining, I am just tired!:biggrin1:

Anne - What cute kids, and I love your new kitchen! I just love pictures! Gosh, your table looks like mine!

Darcy - I have just the answer for you! You can move down here by me, we can get this weight off together! I think that is an awsome idea!:biggrin1:

Pat - You cracked me up with the Soup thing! I sometimes eat canned soup too, but I really love home made soup. I took a big bowl over to the neighbors because I ended up with a big pot, and I mean a big pot of it.

Kat - Wow, that is scary with those dogs! People like that needs to be taught a lesson! I'm on my way with a big ole stick, on second thought, maybe I better bring something more protective!:rolleyes:

Patty - Glad you had a great b'day!

Cindy - Where you at girl? Maybe I just missed your post! Are you getting any bad storms there? None here yet!

Eileen - Sorry you can't play today! Nasty old boss!

Mary - Are you out on the town looking for that Mr. Right?:eek: :):D

Beanie - You must be at the gym every night huh?:D

Dianne - Are you able to eat ok now? Hopefully that sore throat is gone by now. I think I need a sore throat for a while so I can quit eating. :D

Well, I can't think too straight anymore so I am going to get off here before I put my foot in my mouth (if I haven't already) and someone comes after me with a stick!:heh:

Thanks for resizing the pic Darcy! Pleeeease tell me how to do that. In answer to the redhead question, my mom is a red head and my DH has some red in his beard.

Mandi, Callie is 2 1/2 and is just starting preschool 3 mornings a week. Ethan is almost 6 and is starting his 2nd year of kindergarden (one of those Sep birthdays - he wasn't ready for 1st grade).

Pat - it's funny that you mentioned the tile. I remember seeing a pic of your bathroom in another thread a looooong time ago and thinking it was the same tile. Guess we just have great taste! :rolleyes: Maybe someday I'll post a pic of a clean dining room... probably not though. :eek:

Betty, I'm glad I'm not the only one with a messy table! I got embarassed about posting the pic afterwards and almost deleted it.

Time to lurk and play some Pogo. Talk to you all tomorrow!

Anne.. My hubby has a cheap little program called irfanView... It has a tab that says resize picture... I clicked on that... picked the half size tab... and voila! Oh...and with yours I cropped it so that we could see more of your cuties and less of everything else. :rolleyes:

DEFinitely don't worry about a messy table and I swear... I am going to use your kitchen picture to show my hubby EXACTLY what I want for a kitchen!

WHat is Pogo?

Good day wishes to all...

Good morning everyone! Off to run some birthday errands in the rain.

Darcy, thanks for the kitchen compliment! I'll have to look into that software. I tried to resize in iPhoto and couldn't figure it out.

Pogo.com is a game site with all sorts of card and puzzle games. You can play a bunch of the games for free and then of course theres a membership you can pay for. I think Cindy and Betty were talking about it one time so I decided to check it out. Now I'm addicted to euchre and lottso. It's a lot of fun, but a major time waster! :rolleyes:

Have a good day all!