Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September's Chat

Good Morning All,

Patty, hope the Bday was grand! I agree with Eileen, if it's what your really want, then go for it by any means. I know when I researched the band, I knew immediately it was for me and I wanted it. I knew my lousy insurance wouldn't pay for it, never even tried, so I made up my mind and paid for it. I know your funds are limited, but you know the old saying, where there's a will there's a way. I think it WILL happen for you, Hugs!

Cindy, my desk was custom built for my study, the book case matches, it's must as messy, LMAO. The next rainy day that I get to stay home, I'm gonna tackle the book case and the DRAWERS. It's all nice and clean now, that's the way it ends up every week, cause b4 my girl gets here to clean, I stuff everything in the drawers. I do put a few things away, like the coffee cup and the comb.

OM gosh, I just noticed the crumbs in my key board, yuk, whose been eating at my desk?

Kat, the avatar is awesome, you always looked like you were mad in the other one. Great job!

Sherry, you know I can relate oh so much. Since my PIA is gone, (pain in the a$$), it's been hard because she did know her stuff and never made mistakes, but the peace is worth so much more. Training them is not near as tough as the interview process. Usually, you can tell when they walk in the door. Especially, the ones that come in with the one page resume, wrinkled SHORTS, uncombed hair, and boots... been there right!

Darcy, you going to the cabin this weekend? You haven't been much this summer have you? Put a pic of the cabin on here and share with our NJ girls.

Diane, congratulations on another victory. Pictures please.

Mandy, good luck on the puppy hunt.

Betty, Anne, Mary, where are you?

Beanie, it's the weekend, time to stop by.

Going to a golf banquet tonight with DH, he's in a big tournament today, gotta go get the toes and the nails done. I so miss my "fake" nails, but in the summer, with potting plants and constantly being in the dirt, I bite them off, plus I hate going for fills.

I'll be lurking for a few minutes, have a beautiful day friends.

Eileen, have fun at the flea market! DH loves these! I like em too, if it's not hot! We're supposed to get rain again, and it's cool today.

DH hasn't come home from my FIL's yet, and I'm hoping all is well over there. I guess I'll call in a few minutes. DD should be getting up soon, demanding breakfast...here she is now!

Nothing going on today, maybe some closet cleaning. I'm going through a "simplify" stage. I think I would be happy with few clothes and less clutter. So I say today. LOL!

See ya'll later...have a great day!

Hello Y'all!

Well, things have just been busy, I don't have any other excuses!:biggrin1:

I went for a Harley ride today for the first time in months! Boy, it felt so good. It only bothered my foot when I had to use it to brake, but other than that it went well. We went up to a Harly thing by us, now that I couldn't stay too long because it was a lot of standing and that does hurt after a while.

Eileen - congrats on the 50 pounds! That's a whole big bag of dog food!:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

Sherry - The nascar race is on tonight! Bet you and DH will be watching it huh? Hopefully my boy will be above 25th tonight so he can lock in the race.

Patty - Hope you have a great birthday!

Pat - I am jelous, I would love to have a breast reduction! (along with a lot of other stuff too) he-he! Have fun at the banquet! Ya aren't going to drink while you're there are ya?;)

Kat - Your avatar is awsome! You look like a different person! Just lovely!

Dianne - I agree, we need some new pictures!

Darcy - I bet you are at the cabin. Darcy has the cutest cabin!

Cindy - Take it easy today, you deserve it lady!

Mandy - Have you got your puppy back yet? I use to have one that would take off runnng for about 2 weeks, then when he was totally wore out he would come home and not be able to move for two weeks!

Well, I am going to go prop up the foot for a while, then try to get some laundry done and some house cleaning done.

Catch you all later, have a great day!

Sherry-You sound relieved, I'm glad she out of the picture now what a b-eachshe was! GL on finding someone good soon.

Eileen-I'm so excited about you hitting the major 50!! That s awesome. I'm proud of you!

Cindy-Bandiversary is Sept 25th I can't believe it will be 1 yr! How is FIL today? It is terribly tiring hanging around a hospital. Prayers for him, you and hubby and of course dd.

Pat -I win on the messy desk I'll take a pic and show you. Promise I'll get a picture up here soon.

Betty-I'm so glad you got to go! Now rest that footsie!

Mandy-I've been praying for that puppy! I sure hope he gets his little tail home soon!

Lucy woke me up again last night..urgh...so now she's back on special foot and we'll see. Went to in-laws today in Columbia..long ride.

Hey I have a question, last night I ate some salad and chicken had a HORRIBLE time with it. Threw up PB it was terrible. My throat is still sore. It's like all the muscles are tight, not lit a sore throat. I could hardly swallow this morning. It is a little better tonight. We went to dinner and I had Soup and a few bites of DH's chicken then a MD's ice cream sundae on the way home and some string cheese. It's still feeling abnormal is this something I need to be concerned about. Have you guys ever had this?

have a good night see ya tomorrow, and thanks for all the encouraging comments. We all rock!

Kat-Wow you've had so much! I remember something about Kawasaki Disease being said about my DD when she was little I can't remember what was going on. Prayers are with her and you. Hang in there...hugs...

Good Morning,

Dianne, sounds like your esophagus is irritated from the PB and raw from it. If your going to eat food, I would have very soft food for a day (yogurt or pudding), even a liquid diet might be good for a day to help it heal.

Betty glad you enjoyed your bike ride. Some times ya gotta say WTF :rolleyes:

Cindy you'd die if you saw my closets and drawers... clutter bug for sure. Some day I'll clean them :D but not now, life is passing me by and the drawers are the last thing I want to do. But mostly I'm lazy :scared: :D :D :D

Pat how was the banquet? You know, I've never had a manicure. My dd is 5 and she's had 2 already. I lead such a sheltered life RoFLMfAO !!!! :scared:

Well nothing much is happening here today except aunt flow decided to visit me yesterday and ruining my weekend.... I get so grumpy and so dang tired I could sleep for 2 days strait... its not fare I tell yah lolol.

Today I'm making tuna salad for the week and ribs (with out burning them this time lolol) and some acorn squash mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm.

Whatcha all up to?

GM, NJ Gals

Diane, I agree with Eileen, I'd do very soft food today. My mom has had all the fills removed due to constant pb. Oh yeah, I had to PM Eileen to find out what the 4' club was, duhhhhh me. I don't have my preband measurements, I think doing measurements preband should be the responsibility of the doctors office, ya'd think!

Debbie, a LB friend, who was banded right after me, had to have her Gall bladder taken out and was loaded with gallstones. She said she had started pbing a lot and she use to never pb, it was always me. I want my mom to mention to our Dr if that could be a sign of gallstones, what do ya think? (CRS-can't remember if I already told y'all this or not).

Betty, I still haven't ridden my HD this year. It still looks good, but not interested in riding, old age has set in.

The food at the banquet was awesome, had this great crab cake, which was all I ate of that, gave my steak away. BUT for desert, tiramisu, om goodness, it was de bomb! I ate the hole thing.

Eileen, the nails and the toes look so purdy. Treat yourself at the same time DD gets hers done, you deserve it!

Mandy, did ya find the puppy?

Cindy, how is FIL? He's so lucky to have such a swee DDIL.

Patty, Sherry, Anne, Rene, Mary, Darcy, wazzzzz up?

And, where is Donna? Anyone talked to her or have her email address?

Good Morning Y'all!

I am making a big ole pot of home made veggies soup! I have been so hungry for some and I usually only make it in the winter time but I wanted to make some to take for lunch at work. I can taste it already! mmmmmm

Eileen - You definately need to go for the manicure and pedicure. I had my first one last year and I loved it.

Pat - Mmmm that crab cake sounds so yummy. I love a crab cake when they are a good one, but I had a couple of bad ones and they were just that...bad!

Dianne - I agree, you need to go on liquids for at least 24 if not 48 hours. Sounds like you irritated it pretty good.

Cindy, Beanie, natesmom, Mandy, Patty, Sherry, Anne, Darcy, Mary, good morning to ya!

Eileen-Aunt Flo and Clifford SUCK...can I say that...

Pat-Your dinner sounds nice especially the desert!!

Betty- Yumm on the veggie soup! We went to Carraba's last night for dinner and I had there minestrone it was really good, I mean really good. And it went down real easy too.

My throat feels much better today. I had grouper for lunch and all went well. So I'm on the mend thank goodness. Then DH orders a piece of chocolate cake!! HELLO and of course I had some of that..mostly icing though...

I PM'd Donna. I thought I might have had her phone # but no luck.

Have a good day. Seems quite around here today. Looks like I'm all alone now in NC...

Can anyone tell me why the doctor never put me on a liquid diet for my banding? I've noticed from the posts alot of you had a liquid diet before the surgery. I am 325 lbs and my lap band is September 19th.

Not me, just liquids the day b4 surgery. I think it depends on your weight. The heavier or higher BMI, the longer the liquids. It has to do with the liver.

Yeehaw--Betty rode her bike!!! I won't tell DH, he thinks he at least has you to commiserate with!!! sorry you had to cut the outing short...maybe soon you can be up and going again. I think I will come to your house for supper!!! Veggie Soup sounds so good!! We are having a cookout for my MIL's birthday. Nothing fancy, DS is grilling burgers. Which usually goes down easily. I'm making a dish of baked Beans, that way I KNOW I can eat something!!! I like keeping some sort of soup made or chile, so I can heat a bowl as I want. I have potato soup in the fridge right now, and to be honest, I would prefer to just nuke a bowl, and stay home...but no can do!!

Dianne--I too have sent Donna a PM. I am just hoping her computer took a dive. I have no other way to get in touch with her...the members list shows her last post to be on 7-28-06! Has it really been THAT long??? Says it was the photo's of her sons AF graduation. Worrisome. It still surprises me sometimes how important all of you have become to me! Glad your throat is feeling better. Mine was sore the other day from refluxing on hot green chile through the night. I will learn someday...maybe!!!

Eileenie--I agree-get your nails done!! I don't do the manicure much only if something special is coming up in the wintertime. But summertime, I love my pedicures!! The girl down the road owns a salon, and she does mine. She paints flowers on my big toe toenail. It feels so good to have them massaged, and lotioned up! And you don't have to bend over and do it yourself!!! I cooked some country ribs the other night, but I shredded them for sandwiches. It is good for me to just heat up a small amount of the meat, and it has a lot of taste!! So many things that are healthy for me, seem bland!!! Picky me!!

Well I will catch the rest of you tonight after the cookout--DS and DIL have both called now wanting to know when we are coming!! So we are off!!!

Talk to you in awhile!

Kat

Who's that in the new Avatar???? Kat? WOWZA :D You is one hot babe!

Well, the Birthday girl got alittle surprize. My girlfriend of 30years called to take me out to Breakfast on Saturday morning. We laughed, talked, gossiped..... it was wonderful. Time away from her 3 and my 4 we were just high schoolers again! After we stuffed ourselves I asked to go to the thrift store. I found a denim dress for $4 and new swim trunks for the boys at rock bottom prices(pun intended). When we got back into the car I could tell she was gonna whisk me to some secret location and until we arrive there I was totally in the dark. We stepped out of the car and she asked "do you know why we're here"? Ummm, yeah..... you're taking me to that foot place!" Lynne has been getting pedicures for some time now and I at age 47 have NEVER had one! I'll admit it, I was a little nervous but the Water was warm and the ladies scrubbing and painting toes were competant and gentle. I have never really liked my toes painted but I must admit, that was kinda fun. I left with a punch card and an honest desire to return on possibly a monthly basis. Applause for the best-friends in the world who REALLY know what their girlfriends need. ;)

The rest of my "child less" weekend consisted of watching my blockbuster movies that come in the mail while nibbling on the best Hawaiian combo plate and not having to do the dishes! Next week is my first full week of work and the boys come home in about 15minutes! Hugs all!

Hey Patty--thanks so much!!! I'll tell ya I was so afraid to post my before picture on the Picture thread!!! But, now that it's done, I felt like it was a good move, everyone has been so nice!! I need to make myself put it out there, so I can see where I do not want to go back to! Glad you had a good birthday! We took my Mom for her first pedicure last year on Mother's Day, and we created a monster, she is a regular now!! Same thing happen when we sent her for a massage a few years ago, when she was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, she now goes every other week, without fail!! Wonder what we can introduce her to next??

OK guys--several days ago Beannie was saying she had run! Well yours truly can run too. While we were at my inlaws tonight, DH and I went for a walk ( gotta keep walking!) and so we went down their lane, along the property line, and down to the river. Well this witchy neighbor, she turned her dogs loose on us. DH yells "RUN!" I saw a big a$$ dog running at me, I seriously hauled some butt!!! Turns out there are 4 dogs. A great Dane, and 3 (you are NOT going to believe this!!!) Saint Bernard/Basset Hound cross dogs. DH stopped and grabbed a stick, and I realized he could not go further, so we each grabbed a stick, and they didn't challenge us, let us cross the cattle guard, and they went back when she whistled after we crossed. My FIL has sold her hay for the last couple of years, he even delivers it for her. he was soooo mad, he called her right then and there, and told her, not only would there not be any hay available to her, that the next time he sees the dogs on his property he will shoot them. We all know better, but she likely does not. She is a judge in a neighboring county! She tells him, only one of the little dogs has ever bit anyone. It was then she told him what they were!! I love dogs, but these are some UGLY ones!!! It was scary as hell, DH can't be running my Gosh, he is recovering from heart surgery! Anyway, I was walking the loop around the house after my run, and realized, I wasn't even short of breath!!! All together, run included I got in a mile and a half!!

Anyway, I am going to ride with my SIL tomorrow so she can go get a fill. I will be very disappointed in our Dr. if he gives her one. She has ulcers on her esophagus, and it is spasming, she cannot eat much of anything besides mushy food. She is not a good patient! She does no exercise of any kind, eats all the things she is advised not to. She ate the day we got out last fill, she just couldn't take it (her words). She did not want to drive alone, and I fully understand that, so I am going, but I am curious to see if she will be honest with him, and what his take will be. I am hoping his concern will be for her and not the almighty $$$. Will let you all know tomorrow night.

Anyway, I am not going to get to the rest of my personals---know I am thinking of all of you!

See ya tomorrow night!

Kat

Morning guys...

Feeling a little off but just wanted to drop in and at least keep up with the reading!

Dianne... Glad you are feeling better now... those heavy duty PB's really bite!

Betty... I wish I could come over for soup! Actually... I wish I lived close to somebody that could be a diet and exercise buddy. *sigh* My Grandma had a phrase about the futility of wishing but I can't post it here...lol.

PAtty... I'm so glad that you got to experience a little pampering... taking time for yourself now and then really does recharge the spirit! I won't let ANYONE see my feet...lol.

Kat... Sorry about the dog incident... I grew up in the country where people let mean dogs wander about freely... I can remember being so afraid when I would ride my bike home as they would always be there waiting. Some dog owners need a heavy handed bonk on the head and a JUDGE should know that you could sue her pants off if one of her dogs were to bite. I have a dog that is not not like other people... I am EXTREMELY cautious with her and never leave her off lead outdoors unless she is in our invisible fence area. I couldn't live with myself if I ever gave her enough leash to hurt somebody!

Pat... Glad you had a good time at the banquet! I would have eaten the whole dessert too! Yum! I love having fake nails too but alas... like you... I am always sticking my hands in the dirt and rarely take the time to put gloves on and I am not good at keeping up with the fills. Besides... have you ever noticed that fake nails can't scratch and itch???? :D We didn't go to the cabin this weekend... and I think the regain of weight has had something to do with why we haven't gone as much. It's too uncomfortable to sleep on a futon now that I am so heavy again... plus... I am heavy enough that riding the bikes isn't fun or any of our usual activities... I think I'll get off that subject before I blubber... (pun intended).

Eileen... Sorry about the TOM... I be following shortly...lol. How you were able to about a searing situation with your food prep. ;)

Cindy... Hmmm... what a novel idea... maybe I should clean...organize and simplify... NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. hehehehe.

I wish one of us had more contact info on Donna. I hope her son is okay.

Saying a prayer for the families of 9/11 victims today...

GM

Betty, I so love Soup, it has become my favorite food, beside my new found love, tiramisu, LOL. I ate beef barley yesterday, it was ooooh so good. No it wasn't home made, LMAO.

It's hard t believe it's been five years since 9/11, I watched the Diane Sawyer special the other night, with all the babies, now 5, I boohooed, it was so sad. I did notice they didn't have the woman that was sort of the spokesperson whose husband led the group and over took the terrorist in the Pa flight. Yikes, can't remember either name, but I often think of her and wonder what happened to her and her boys. (Was his name Todd?)

Such a tragedy all the way around. The special on CBS last night had to be difficult for all of these families to watch.

Kat, if your SIL gets a fill, you need to call her doctor and tell him/her what she's doing. I had to do that with my mom, although, even though she was my mom, they reminded me of the privacy act, which I assured them I did not want info, I was just advising them of facts they didn't realize, like she'd been pb'n for over a month and couldn't keep anything down. They took it from there.

Diane, take care of the throat, don't over do it even if ya think it's all well.

Patty, I love my pedicures and just put my fake nails back on, after a summer of playing in the dirt...plants.

Darcy, I know it doesn't help you, but the fact you've shared your weight gain has made us realize it could so easily happen to us. Big Hugs GF! Is the fill helping? I have the dmdst band, so fickle, especially, if I haven't eaten all day, I guess I eat too fast, but then it's spit, spit, and more spit. I have never agreed with the "PB" factor, "spit" should be added as something NOT to look forward to as well. Nothing prettier than seeing a Gma get out of her car or lean out the door to spit, LMAO.

Hugs everyone!

We're missing a lot of our friends, Ann, Cindy, Mary, Donna, Ira, Ivan, just to name a few.