Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was there 2 nights. My surgeons preference is for his patients to stay 2.

I went in 12/27/11 and came home 12/30/11...went back a few days later cause of my leak. It took close to a month for everything to be back to normal but it's all good now...I hope :) No regrets.

My surgeon said 3 days but i was not sure of everyone has 3 days or not. As far as leaking how did you know you were leaking? Mine said drainage port would stay in 10 days!!

My surgeon said 3 days but i was not sure of everyone has 3 days or not. As far as leaking how did you know you were leaking? Mine said drainage port would stay in 10 days!!

Ok at my place it's out patient....is that bad?

I'm sure each surgeon is different. Is it a reputable hospital? That is how i would base my decision ;) i would trust your instinct.

Just keep up with your fluids at home. Have someone with you to keep you up with your pain meds and liquids the first few days and to be with you to help you walk around and help you up and down etc. And call your Dr with any concerns. You should do fine with some home care from a loved one. :)

I guess you're asking me?lol I had left arm pain, a fever, nausea and stomach pain. I took a trip to the ER where the leak was discovered.

Yes sorry peacequeen ;) my surgeon said the port has to stay in for 10 days, how long did you keep yours in?

They took it out before I was discharged,,the port didn't have anything to do with my leak.

do they know what caused your leak

I know it didnt was just inquiring how long. It looks very uncomfortable. :)

I will be staying 2 nights in the hospital and I'm having my band taken out and sleeve done. :)

Amy

Sent from my iPhone using VST

do they know what caused your leak

I had an area at the top of my stomach that either didn't take to the staple or it came loose..doc said it could've been due to pulling up to a sitting position, a sneeze or hard cough maybe?? I had followed all my post op rules to a T..I did have a coughing spell so who knows. It was a pin size hole,,the leak wasn't streaming, it was bubbling when they found it. It took a while but it healed up nicely. They did a leak test after surgery, because of alot of swelling, it didn't show up at that time. I was only the 3rd leak ever from this doctor (he had done several thousand)..he's truly amazing and was sooo on top of things. It happens..didn't like it but wasn't the first time I had a rare side effect happen to me (not sleeve related though)

I know it didnt was just inquiring how long. It looks very uncomfortable. :)

oooh ok..lol I thought you were thinking that was where I was leaking.haha Just imagine wearing an uncomfy pair of pants,,you have to adjust to it..it was no big deal and removal was a breeze and just felt wierd,,didn't hurt, not me anyway.