Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Massachusetts Bandsters Chat

My copay is $20.00. It sounds like you are being charged the deductible. Do you have a deductible on your insurance? I know with my surgery I had a $500.00 surgical deductible but everything else was covered. My first few fills were covered because they were billed as surgical follow up. Now, I have to pay just the copay of $20.00 when I go to a fill appt. I would call BC/BS and asked that everything be clarified. They might be able to send you something that will explain your responsibility. BC/BS is great to work with so just hang in there.

Cindy

Cindy, I think I was wrong on the surgery copay, I believe mine was $500 too. It goes back too far in the check book to find it at the moment. I don't remember the deductible either, I just know they charged the $150 as outpt. surgery for the fill on some occasions and $48. in addition to the visit copay on others. I am wondering if it is how the hosp/clinic codes it. Where did you go?:)

Cindy, I think I was wrong on the surgery copay, I believe mine was $500 too. It goes back too far in the check book to find it at the moment. I don't remember the deductible either, I just know they charged the $150 as outpt. surgery for the fill on some occasions and $48. in addition to the visit copay on others. I am wondering if it is how the hosp/clinic codes it. Where did you go?:)

OK...something is very wrong with them charging you as outpatient for a fill. I would definately try to straighten that out because a fill should be only your co-pay of $20.00. IMHO, of course. I go to Brigham & Women's for my surgeon and fills. Are you fills under Flouro or just a fill with a needle no xray. I don't know if that means anything or not. I would call BC/BS and ask them how your clinic is billing them for the fills. Get educated before you take on the clinic. However, you are being overcharged for your fills and it is wrong.

Good Luck!

Cindy

Cindy, I know! it is wrong and I have tried in the past to fight it but to no result. both pass the blame to the other. I have never had flouro, only a needle, no x ray, 2 minutes tops. I've had the insurance co. do reviews and they say it is right. would love to know how others are codeing it. there should be some sort of review board not conected to either the clinic or the insurance co. thanks for the support, maybe I'll try again:glare:

Hi looking for other Lahey banders. I am going there now and got my required weight loss, so they will schedule my surgery, and I get the date next week. Very excited. I do like Lahey's program and the different meetings and they are very thorough in preparing you for the surgery. I don't know who my surgeon will be. Who did you have? Do you still go to the support meetings? I am so looking forward to having this done.

Hey I forgot how to add the "ticker" to my posts? How do I do it?

Edited by Shamrockgirl60

Anybody interested in raving-up his/her exercise this summer?

I know of a gentleman who teaches bootcamp classes in the Medford, Somerville, Arlington, Malden areas. I would like to approach him with the idea of putting together a post surgical exercise group. If you are interested in this please email me privately at tchilambe@gmail.com

Thanks

Tione

Hi thanks for replying...now who is Pam and how can I get in touch with her?

I got my surgery date.....Aug. 7th 2008 and am excited.

If you got your date you must know which Dr. it will be??

Pam is Dr. Brams' NP. She would be the one you will see for everything before and after surgery, fills, etc. I only saw the Dr. once before , durring, and 1 follow up post surgery apt. , perhaps if there was a problem I would see more of him! they seem to be a team. the other "team" is Dr. Nepomnayshy and Corrine, his NP. I spoke with her once when Pam was off. they cover for each other. At least that is how I think it is arranged :unsure:. Has anyone had Dr. Nepo... and had Pam? You should have met at least one of the Drs. at the info session. If you have no prefrence they will just schedule who ever has the best time for you. I would then assume that you would be talking to which ever NP (nurse) is assigned.

If you call the regular number for the unit they will get her or pass the message. The girls who answer for the unit should be able to tell you who your DR. will be. I thought mine was very good, but then every one who had the other said the same. I gather the only way you can tell after is which side the port ends up on! Brams favors the left, his partner, the right. It will a bitch (sore) no matter which side .

Congrats on getting your apt.:(

Hi Shamrockgirl60! Totally agree on the goldens rule..we have one and he is just the best friend anyone could have...

ok so about your question...I too am a Lahey patient and had band surgery on April 7th with Dr. Nepomnayshy...who is/was simply the greatest. I liked him a lot because he is very supportive and listens to you....and..I've had two fills (one with Pam and one with Corinne) so didn't think the NP's were assigned to a specific surgeon.

Best wishes on your decision and new journey...Cheri52 so good to hear from you again. Hope all is well with you.

Thanks Liz, nice to hear from you too! I'm OK, not much change here.

I may have used the wrong word, not sure the NPs are assigned exactly. I was just told that they seem to mostly work with the same DR, but I'm not sure how accurate that is. Next time someone goes ask the question just for the fun of it. Pam was the one to give our group the class about all the info concerning the surgery for those who had a date. never met Corinne, wonder if she does the same? weird that if they work together that I never saw her once in all my visits. Anyway, take care.

Thanks for the info...and also to you liz.

I got my call from Lahey with all the information for pre-op.

I am having Dr. Brams do the surgery. So Pam will most probably be the NP who I see.

I am so excited and can't wait to have this done. Had my last meeting today with Dr. Kantor he is terrific.

I will be going to the monthly support group

again thanks fro the info

Cheri52 - hang in there! I just had my 3rd fill yesterday...losing weight but struggling with emotions. Specifically, heightened anxiety...didn't expect this...so I did some reading on this forum and found some threads that connect hormonal change during weight loss to anxiety and depression. Yesterday, I asked for a referral to talk with one of the psychologists at Lahey...I need more support than I realized. I had to smile over something else in your recent post: I went to the lapband support group this week (Tues night) and sat next to a post op bander whose port incision is on the left and my port incision is on the right...so we were wondering why all incisions 'are not created equal'? LOL! Her surgeon is Dr. Brahms and mine is Dr. Nepomnayshy...then I read your post and the light bulb went on...

Shamrockgirl60 - August 7 will be here before you know it....and you're doing a good thing for your health. I've found many good folks here and know that I (and many others) are behind you all the way. Take care to follow whatever pre-op instructions you receive. I'm here if you have questions. Hug!!

Liz, thanks for all the information, I am taking it one day at a time. I love the doctors at Lahey. My therapist was Luanne Baker and she's terrific. My shrink is Dr. Kawicki. Maybe you can have Dr. Kantor since he is in the clinic for weight loss. I also take meds for my mild depression and anxiety. They do help a lot with every day stuff. I went into therapy 3 years ago to deal with some family stuff...mostly my Mom, and my taking care of her. She has since died.

Therapy works wonders along with medications now. You will feel so much better soon. Good luck. Hope to see you at those Tues. meetings.

Pati

Pati, so encouraged by your post! Thanks!!

I saw Dr. Hoggingdot (sp??? - she's the other psychologist in the bariatric surgery program) yesterday and decided to continue to see her for a while. I'm not sure for how long or even what I need except to talk through how this whole process is affecting how I feel about myself.

It's all good in the big picture. I made a commitment to myself and I've decided that there's no looking back...only ahead to better health and more.

Stay in touch with your pre op progress...start preparing yourself for post op eating lifestyle...practice the stop drinking 30 min prior to meals, slowing down your eating pace and taking smaller bites, chewing....and, I don't know if you're exercising now, but it's also a good idea to start walking. I'm not one to talk there, because I have had a hard time...motivating to begin walking and now to walk consistently. Every day is a new day.

Take good care.

Thanks for the info and glad your seeing someone there. It will help a lot. You have done so well with your weight loss already it's great, be proud of yourself.

My husband will still be recovering from his heart valve surgery when I go.

But it will be fine my daughter and son-in-law to be are living here with us and can help us out a lot.

Take care and hope to see you at one of the post op lap band meetings

Pati