Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Massachusetts Bandsters Chat

Hi Jo

thanks for the reply..

re: the strength training. I do 1/2 hour on the recumbent bike and go a total of 3 mi. Its aerobic.. and then the rest on the machines. Totals an hour.

Yes I know, the Water is great for aerobics but I have been participating and teaching for over 10 years now without significant weight loss..unless I am on a restrictive diet..and I will gain that back in a flash once not dieting..:thumbdown:

not to worry, once you have all your fills you WILL be on a restrictive diet! BUT, you do still need to be carefull of all the "easy glide" pitfalls(ice cream, sweets,etc.) they will always go down with very little if any restriction. That's the reality, this is still not a perfect world, unfortunately:frown:. Luck to us all!!!

Hi Girls,

Wow, great advice, so maybe I have hope when I go for my 5th fill.

Last night I went to dinner with my hubby and ate the same as I use to, French Onion Soup, salad and fish with potatoes, I couldn't finish the entre though, about half way through, it all starting to go down real hard 'stick', so I just had to stop. I suppose, I was just plain filled to capacity.

I need to call to schedule another fill though. So would you say that you were surprized with the difference between no restriction and "boom" - restriciton?

I need to kick my exercise back into gear, I was doing so well and now, I haven't been doing anything, not good, I know. but I do have to say that I am happy with the fact that despite the fact that I have had NO restriciton since a few weeks out from surgery in October, and with all of the holidays, and now with a little less of the exercise lately, I have not gained back any of the 20 pounds that I lost both before and right after. So that gives me hope to, that hopefully the band is good for keeping the wieght off. Don't get me wrong, I know I have work to do, and I am going to do it.

does anyone get to see "Big Medicine"? I tape it on my DVR, it is on TLC and it is a motivator. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for the encouragement, keep it coming.

Janet:tongue2:

The get-together at Sherry’s was great for me. My band might be slipped but my goals have not changed. Getting together has put me back on track. Today I started to put in my food for the day on fitday.com.

Thank you Sherry for having the meet at your home.

Deb

good to see you posting here rainbow...hope you can get back on track.

Ive got some serious behavior mod to do with my eating or I will need an unfill.

Thanks Sherry for hosting the meetup...I didnt realize how much I needed the support. It was nice ya all.

~Mel

Hey Mel and Deb....You know what, I loved hosting it and plan on having more when we can all get together again. Let me know when the next free weekend is and I'll see what we have going at my place. I teach Reiki and hold classes on weekends but, I can work it out with our meeting too. I really would LOVE to hold one monthly if possible. I was so happy to meet all of you and FINALLY got to meet you Deb. It's been how long now that we've been chatting and FINALLY hooked up hahaha.

Anyway...like you both, I've kicked it in today. I started a new program with my bodybugg..reset the goal on it, I'm logging my food, trying to get my Water in and I'll exercise when I get home. I've even placed queue cards on my bathroom mirror that remind me I'm worth this extra effort. (Try doing it for yourself too it really works...it's part of a Reiki lesson I give :) ) So I already told my hubby I wanted to walk today so now I'm definately committed to doing it because he's going to walk with me. I have to say....I could probably use a fill but, I'm so scared with the reflux crap ya know? I'm really REALLY hungry right now but, trying to hold out until 10:30 to eat the other half of my Protein bar. Chrispy was really glad about the meeting too and is tracking her food too. Hopefully Dez and Ted enjoyed the meeting as well. I do hope to see you all again and hopefully we'll have better weather so more can join us.

Thanks so much for coming! I'm here for ya! I can PM my home email addy to you too and my phone number. If you ever need some help, quick support CALL ME!!!!! We can do this together :smile2:

Sherry W.

I wasn't able to go to your get together, but boy don't I wish I could have, it sounds like it was very motivating.

Just reading your post uplifted me, thank you.

I like that you are so supportive and realize that everyone needs a little lift every once and a while. I suppose that is the name of the game is just keep looking for that gimmer and pick yourself back up when you are falling down.

I appreciate everyones good tips and support, I have no one else.

Janet :)

Hey Everyone.....We discussed the BodyBugg for a bit at our support meeting and I wanted to get the link out to you. 24 Hour Fitness: 24 Hour Fitness Centers and Health Clubs is the website and bodybugg armband device is the page for the bugg. Good news is it's on sale right now for $224...that's a good price when you consider it's usually anywhere from $299 to $329 depending on the day. The price never hangs around for long so you might want to check it out. The pages will tell you how it works etc. I did purchase the separate watch type device too but, I don't really use it much. Its not very attractive and I find it gets in the way on my clothing at work. I do use it when I go for walks basically to see how much more I have to do to get the 10K steps in haha. DH wears his all the time though so it's up to you. That right now is an additional $99...but I've seen that go on sale for $69. I haven't seen any comments on online coupons lately for it...but you might want to google around to see if you can find one. I bought mine there was one available and with it I got free shipping and the sale price of $229 so it's worth checking out.

Good luck everyone...one day at a time, one forkfull at a time (but not too big of a bite hahaha)

Hi Sherry and everyone,

I am so sorry that I could not make it to the get together on Sat.:). I had

even gone to RI so that I would be closer. But the weather got to me. And,

I tried to get onto our Lapband forum from there to pm you, but couldn't even find it. It is difficult to get to if it is not on your favorites. I am also

going to Florida for the month of March if you should plan another one. But

I would love to come once spring comes and I am back. It sounds like it

did some good for those who went.

Good luck to all. I will talk to you in April.

Nanavivian

thanks again for the suport Sherry and everyone its movtivating to me to see everyone kicking it into high gear again.

I am pretty much open for weekends in Marchfor another get together. April and May are half booked. :biggrin:

Finally called Dr and Im going to try to get a slight unfill. I am doing okay with soft foods but soilds are painful. I am however dropping weight like crazy so that is why I wanted to wait and see if the band would get loose.

Guess I could live on softer foods but I am concerned about the (band) tightness in my chest

Hey everyone that asked about the BodyBugg it's on special until today now for $199. Thats about the lowest I've ever seen it and it's a Leap Year special for today...

bodybugg armband device

I put that bugg back on this week and I've lost 3 pounds. I highly recommend it if you're really stuck or playing with the same 5 pounds or so.

Gotta get to work! TGIF

update: I did go for an unfill and I do feel a lot better. Eating more and I think I have gained one pound. Now it is time for will power! :crying: Experienced reflux for the first time...I should have known better than to be eating late at night. All I could think of is poor Sherry and what she went thru.

Sounds like the unfill was needed. I've got some weird things going on with my band right now...I think it's from the stress at work. Feels like everything I eat just sits in my stomach. The air from the lower part can't get out......weird and hard to explain. I'm hungry yet afraid to eat with this too. I think it's mostly being caused from stress though...hopefully this weekend, not working will help. :tongue: I'm hopeful :tt2:

Mel I hope you're feeling better. You may of gained a pound initially but, I can bet it's water..it will go away. Definately keep track of your intake so you can bring it with you on your next visit to your doc/nutrionist. Good luck with your unfill. I ate too late the other night myself and ended up with reflux too YUCK. Tums wouldn't do it.

hi all i'm getting baned 3/19, dr Lautz is my Dr, he's great

Hey Welcome!

I have Dr. Lautz and I love him as well. I had to wait 3+ months to get in to see him for my surgical consult but I was very happy that I did. I had a very good surgery and recovered quickly about 1 week after surgery. Since my pre-op diet started on 10/22/07 I have lost 80lbs. I have had 2 fills and I go for my 3rd next week. I have seen a slow down on my weightloss this past month but am happy with my progress thus far.

Good luck on your upcoming surgery. I am sure that you will do just great and are in good hands with Dr. Lautz.

Cindy

Hi everyone!

I am in the Springfield area and have been preparing since August 2007. It has been pretty long and drawn out, but thats ok, I guess!! I first had my consult with Dr. Kasper in August, then went to the Mercy weight Management program in September. Then had to start my testing, had a sleep study in November (the results were not done until just this week), then had to get in with a Gastroenterologist, that took a good 1 1/2 months, then had to get scheduled for an upper endoscopy, another 2 months, and here we are now. Finally my final pre-op visit to the surgeon (at least I hope it is!!) this Monday. Then the insurance process shall begin and hopefully I will be officially banded by the middle to end of next month!! I have to get fitted for a lovely CPAP machine this week too for the sleep apnea!! I never realized all of this would come from my decision to become one of the banded!!