Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Massachusetts Bandsters Chat

Bostongurl I saw your pics posted on the Before & After thread. You're looking great!! You should be really proud.

Any advice you can offer? I see that you only have a 1cc fill, so I know that you have been doing most of the work yourself. You should feel even more proud about that!

Thanks for the nice words Crispy, I really appreciate it. Any advise...well to be honest, I think I do best when I just take this one day at a time. I know it sounds like such a cliché, but it's the truth. Every day is different and some days things are really hard, others not so much. So I go to the gym as much as I can, but don't beat myself up on the days I can't make it. I make good food decisions MOST of the time, but again, don't feel guilty when I eat something bad. I could probably go on for days, but I'll just leave you with that little tad bit for now, we don't want anyone falling asleep on us.

Anyway, keep up the good work, and keep in touch!

How to get a ticker in your signature

hi all

there is a thread in here on how to do it

it took me a couple of times but it works

i don't remember how i found it but try a search word

i think photo nut was the one who explained how to do it

good luck

and happy holiday to all

deb

Hi all! Merry Christmas! Happy Hannukah! Feliz Navivdad! Joyeaux Noel! Habari Ghani(sp?)! May the upcoming new year being joy, and SMALLER SIZES to us all!

Desma

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! Looks like this thread way dying out and I wasn't helping it along either. Hopefully I'll be able to help a little more now.

How is everyone doing with their after holiday stuff? I still have my tree up and that needs to come down tonight or so. I unfortunately put on a few pounds not during the Christmas holiday but between it and New years...some of that is due to the fact that I forgot to take my bloodpressure meds UGH. I'm back on track with the new year and hoping to be in ONDERLAND soon!

Hi-

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. If I'm not, please redirect me!

I'm new to this site, and I was wondering if any of you were located nearby me. I'm in Wakefield, MA. If the process goes without a hitch, I will be banded by Dr. Randall (Lawrence Memorial Hospital, Medford, MA). I plan on attending the 1/16 meeting at the LMH.

I'm thrilled to have some peers now (usually I feel more outcasted, rather than included, because of my weight).

So far, I've chatted with Vickie1177; she is such a peach! :love:

I posted on the intro page a couple of days ago. It said this:

"Hi! My PCP has put me on the track to get a Lap-Band & I am so relieved! She said that I should have no problem getting approval. I am 5'6" & 255 lbs, so my BMI is about 41. My first consult with the surgeon is at the end of February. I've been considering this for a long time, & now it can't come soon enough!

I'm glad to meet you all! :huggie: "

Cheers!

Jill

Welcome Jill! You're in the right place if you're looking for Massachusetts folks. Good luck with your banding journey.

Hi jill! i am in wakefield too! i just met vickie today and she LOVES dr. randall. if you want we can meet sometime and chat here in town. i love the martinis at harrington's!!!

desma

Hey everyone....GREAT meet today in Braintree. It was fun to put faces to screennames and we had a great time together. I hope we can all get together again soon!

:D Hello MA Bandsters!! Just wanted to say hello...It's soo :whoo:good to see there are bandsters from massachusettes...I've posted with many but none from MA. I'm glad to see people here from Dr. Haag/ Dr. Fiallo's office. I will have my final appointment with Dr. Fiallo before surgery on Tuesday 1/16, my pre-op testing is on 1/23 and my surgery is on 1/26.:clap2: ..I'm on anitibiotics for a sinus infection:sick and I'm hoping this won't interfere....I guess we'll see what he says on tuesday.:) ..:help:Can anyone tell me if Dr. Fiallo puts you on a liquid diet weeks before surgery or not? Has anyone stayed overnight and what was there experience? I'd LLOOVVEEE the input!!!

I would think the liquid diet before hand would be on an indevidual basis, but don't know, I have also heard from 1st hand experiences that staying over night was the bandsters choice, but those were the people with the least amount of discomfort the first couple of days,,,,just what I have picked up at the support meetings.