Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Massachusetts Bandsters Chat

hi chrispy and sherry,

JUST WANTED TO SAY HI! IM GOING IN FOR MY GALLBLADDER REMOVAL TOMORROW @ 7:30 AM @BIDMC. ONE MORE STEP CLOSER TO MY LAP-BAND HURRAYYY!!! HOPE EVERYTHING GOES O.K. IM A LITTLE SCARED NOW, BUT I'LL BE FINE ONCE IT IS OVER. SORRY I JUST HAD TO VENT A LITTLE. HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING GOOD!!!

Everyone keep me in prayer, Wednesday is the big day for my LapBand surgery. I am a little nervous and excited all at the same time. Wow, the count down begins. Brigham and Womens Hospital with Dr. Robinson. Open for any comments. Thank you:)

HI All: My name is Marie and I live IN Littleton. I dont have a date yet for my banding but it will be done at Lahey clinic. Has anyone else done this with Aetna insurance. Nice to see your progress. I have friends trying to talk me into the bypass since I have 110 lbs to lose but you guys seem to be making great progress. Idont mind doing everything I need to if it works. Marie

Good luck dreminbig & seuol! You will both do great with your respective surgeries!! Post when you're home and feeling better!

Hi Marie! Welcome to the post. I had Tufts, so I can't give you any feedback on Aetna. A lot of people consider both surgeries. For me, I was too afraid to be permanently re-wired which is why I chose the band. I'm only two weeks out, but there are a ton of people who do fantastic. It does take work, but I'd rather do some of the work than have the other surgery.

hi guys!

good luck on the sx's! you'll do fine! keep us posted!

how was the chat? sorry i missed it!

where are my north shore gals? we need to get a date to meet at square 1 mall. how about sometime the first 2 weeks of nov? oct is a little busy for me.

dez

:update:

HI DEZ,AND CHRISPY,

I MADE IT THROUGH MY GALL BLADDER SURGERY :clap2: ALEJUAH! I HAD A FEVER FOR TWO DAYS BUT CALLED THE DOC HE THOUGHT THAT IT WAS PROBABLY FROM ME HAVING A LITTLE COUGH FROM A COLD I HAD BEFORE I WENT IN. I DIDNT LIKE THE FEELING AFTER SURGERY (DROWSEY AND LIGHTHEADED)BUT THE PAIN WASNT TOO BAD. I JUST COULDNT STAY AWAKE. THEY HAD ME ON 2 PERCOCETS AND THEY KNOCKED ME OUT, SO WHEN THE NURSE CALLED I ASKED IF I COULD TAKE 1 PERC, AND 1 MOTRIN INSTEAD. SHE SAID THAT WOULD BE FINE. THAT'S WHAT THEY GAVE ME WHEN I HAD MY C-SECTION, SO THAT'S WHY I ASKED.THAT MADE EVERYTHING SO MUCH BETTER. I CAN STAY WAKE NOW. NOW I HAVE TO FOCUS ON LOSING MY 10 LBS. IN TWO WEEKS FOR THE OTHER ONE. IM KINDA EXCITED BUT NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THE FEELING FROM THE ANESTHESIA AGAIN. TALK TO YOU GUYS LATER

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!:)

Hi I am from holden Ma had my surgery at umass worcester ma Dr. Czerniach on June 9th 2005 have lost 82 pounds 30 to go band is work but it pays off. weight loss is slow but permanet. see yah

Hi Dreaminbig! Glad to hear the surgery went well!! Just two weeks until your band date - that is great! A little hint - they don't weigh you the day of surgery so don't kill yourself. Don't binge, but you don't have to starve yourself. Trust me - there will be plenty of that on your liquid stage! lol

Hi Flower. Great to hear from you! Sounds like you have been a HUGE banding success! Any tips or advice you'd like to share would be great.

Dez, there were only three of us in the chat but we'll work at setting up something a little more formal in the future, and with a little more notice this time.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Hi Guys~ I would like to be involved in some sort of chat. I am around most nights but after 9pm (when the kids go to bed).

I had my surgery about 17 months ago at St. Elizabeths Medical Center. I have lost 90 popunds so far. I am having a Tummy Tuck next Tuesday (YIKES). I need all the support I can get right now !!!

aaamom - good luck on the tummy tuck! You'll do great! Just keep looking at Telly's pictures and think of the nice flat tummy you will have!! Let us know when you're home!

Vicki - how are you doing with your unfill? Feeling any better?

Vicki - how are you doing with your unfill? Feeling any better?

I am doing much better i go back kto the doctors on Tuesday the 24th for a fill cant wait. Although I lost 11 pounds in 3 days I only gained back 3 pounds so I am pretty happy about that. I can tell you that I have absolutely no restriction that I could eat a sub if I wanted to but I havent I have been good....

Thank you for asking

Vickie

Hello, I am self pay and just wondering if anyone in Mass is too??? I am trying to get an idea of what the surgery costs in mass so if you dont mind telling me I would really appreciate it...

I am not self pay but I just got my bill that my insurance paid and it cost 19,000.00 for just one day in hospital with the surgery. Good luck. I got banded 2 months ago and I am down 30 so it does work, it is just a different lifestyle.