Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Massachusetts Bandsters Chat

Hey everyone...it's been a long time since I posted in here and I was hoping we could get the support group back for another get together. We tried this before but, maybe the summer months played a role in us not being able to get a date straight. Anyone interested in a support group in Taunton, MA again? I'm willing to host again if you'd like. Let me know :mellow:

Sherry

I would be interested depending on when - thanks - Meredith -Millis

always interested in meeting other banded folks

you might do better starting a new thread ?

Hey everyone...it's been a long time since I posted in here and I was hoping we could get the support group back for another get together. We tried this before but, maybe the summer months played a role in us not being able to get a date straight. Anyone interested in a support group in Taunton, MA again? I'm willing to host again if you'd like. Let me know :eek:

Sherry

Hi Sherry,.......I'm scheduled for Dec 4th

banding and would be very happy to have as much support/information as possible post op so definitely interested for after the new year. --

Ok everyone...throw me out some weekend dates that would work for you and see if we can work something out. The last time I held one at my place we had 6 of us total. I was certainly hoping we could all get together PLUS but, so far I haven't heard much interest so looks like we'll have to get started again and see how it goes. It's so hard to get into Boston that I just thought I'd offer my place as a meeting place on the Southshore in Taunton. So throw me some dates and let your banded friends know about it too and have them come in here and post away :eek: Thanks!

Hi Everyone!

My name is Mitch. I was banded with the Realize band 0n 11/12/08. I have just completed my first week. I would be interested in a support meeting in the near future.

Hello everyone, I'm sorry I haven't set up a date for a support meeting. I've been going through heck with my band...reflux issues. Had a slight unfill in August...tried a fill the day before Thanksgiving and it was a no go. An Upper GI showed a slight slip/prolasps that needs revision surgery. I'm headed for revision surgery on 12/18/08. I hope we can get together for a meeting in Jan or Feb I'll keep you folks posted if you're interested. The meeting will be at my place in Taunton, MA.

sorry to hear about needing a second surgery Sherry.

will they replace or reposition or do you not know until they go in?

hey all just checking in i would love to join up with the support group = i feel like my weight loss is slow yet it is still going down life is really overwhelming for me with other family issues right now and i know my weight would usually go up during these times so as long as things stay down i am ok - have had 3 fills so far i think i have 3 cc in a 14 cc band still need more restriction but i think slow and steady is key as i can notice loss of tone along with loss of weight am down total 33 lbs since augst 2, 08 frusterated at how slow things are but what can you do - any ideas ? i am a big diet coke addict and i think if i can give up soda it would go faster but ? ?????

Happy holidays to all

hey all just checking in i would love to join up with the support group = i feel like my weight loss is slow yet it is still going down life is really overwhelming for me with other family issues right now and i know my weight would usually go up during these times so as long as things stay down i am ok - have had 3 fills so far i think i have 3 cc in a 14 cc band still need more restriction but i think slow and steady is key as i can notice loss of tone along with loss of weight am down total 33 lbs since augst 2, 08 frusterated at how slow things are but what can you do - any ideas ? i am a big diet coke addict and i think if i can give up soda it would go faster but ? ?????

Happy holidays to all

I also was a Diet Coke addict. Your drinking carbonated drinks now after the band. That is a big no no. Were you told to not drink them. They can cause problems with the band. Stop immediately. And talk to your doctor or nurse practitioner. You should check on getting a fill or two if you have not gotten them.

Stop the DC now......

Edited by Shamrockgirl60

Good Morning!

checking back in after a few months....had a fill yesterday after no fill since August. Not losing very well but maintaining...not exercising as I should. That's my biggest hurdle. I too am losing tone so must be time for curves or a gym? tigerlilyhair, I agree with shamrock girl...I was specifically told 'no soda'...so check on that.

Thanks Tiny.....they can't reposition the same band. My doc said he has to take it out and he'll try to replace it with a new one in a higher position but, there is a chance I will wake up with no band at all. All depends on what he sees when he goes in there. Hopefully he can give me a new one...I keep praying he can...I really appreciate my band and want to keep it.

I had to have my 4cc band replaced back in Aug. Not sure when the slip occurred but I was having problems for a while and kept doing the unfill/fill thingy. So it could have happen right after my surgery or the band wasnt big enough.

I was doing okay d until I think the major slip happened in July and I developed a hernia... couldnt keep down solids. She promised me I would have a band but she said there was an option that I would get an unbuckled band and then have to go back in later to have it buckled if the the swelling was too much. I was on liquids for 3 weeks before my revision and my Dr was able to give me the larger 14cc APL band bc my swelling had gone down. So far I havent had any problems with this band but restriction isnt as easy with the smaller band. Still maintaining at around 70lbs lost.

hope your second round goes smoothly and if you have any other quesitons feel free to email me

Edited by tinywishes123
:)

Sheri --I'm sorry to you have to go back in. I have the 10 APL which is "supposed" to be more slip resistant and faster weight loss. I'll be curious to see if your MD decides to try one of the 2nd generation bands.

tigerlillyhair. yes! Pretty much all the medical people say carbonation is a BIG problem. One thing that helped me a LOT with that was keeping those sugar free - diet freezer pops in my freezer. I guess it's because they are sweet, cold and very low carb that they have really helped. Just a suggestion.

lizb88---I hear ya!!! I have lost 61 lbs and basically stopped losing but I have always been a devil re: exercise. I finally broke down 2 days ago and got my butt to a gym. I'm starting slow---1 mile interval training on the treadmill -- only .10 on the elliptical---and 10x on the lats. My excuse up to now has been that I needed physical therapy but I seem to be stable now -- so I guess I don't have anymore excuses. My MD says that I'm so short that I won't lose much more if I don't get the lead out and to burn the fat off.

Seems the more I look around and read the more people I hear who have had a slip and revision surgery. I don't know which band he'll use to replace it. I had a hard enough time finding out what band I had in the first place lol. I have a 4cc band right now that has nothing in it. Surgery is coming up quick and I wasn't given any instructions other than don't eat after midnight the night before. The first time around I was give a special diet for the 3 days before surgery...no clue why it's not the same for this time around except maybe because I'm 50 pounds lighter?

Anyone else given a special diet before their revision surgery?