Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Journey So Far Up To 1 Week Post-Op

Hello,

I am so glad that I have this resource to help me through my weight loss journey. I am 1 week post-op. To give you a little history, I have yo-yo dieted for 25 years. I finally had enough and decided to look into WLS. I went to a seminar at a local obesity center. It was just what I wanted, however my insurance does not cover bariatric surgery. So I found out I could still have the surgery I would just have to pay $19,000. Well I felt totally defeated there was no way. My sister suggested out of country. I thought that was crazy, but I started researching this idea and found out how common this is. The prices were unbelievable $4500.00 and up. After a week or so of being on the internet calling referances etc..I decided this was an option. The next obsticle was my husband,that was a hard one. After getting all my info together he agreed.

I had my surgery 6/27/12 with Dr. Garcia in Tijuana Mexico. I stayed in the hospital 2 days and in a very nice hotel for 2 days. The hotel was nice but I was ready to get home. I'm from SC so I was at the mercy of my plane ticket.

So far the hardest part has been been the clear liquid diet. I feel hungry. I really need help with the diet part. Dr Garcia gave me information on how to proceed with the stages of adding food but I feel it was a little vague. I feel like I don't know all my choices. I am on week 2 which is the full liquid diet. What are my options for that? All it says is "you will add creamy soups" I quess that means add it to what I've already been eating. Is there anything else I can add? Anyway this is where I am having difficulty. Am I suppose to be eating a lot of Protein now or on Wk 3? These are just a few of my questions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

As far as my surgery I think Dr.Garcia did an excellent job!

I don't know if I can help anyone out there but if you have any questions for me please let me know I will do my best to answer them.

Thanks,

LLuce

Here is a link to my diet from my Doctor - http://www.northwestobesitysurgery.com/pdf/sleeve-gastrectomy-diet.pdf

It sounds like your progression with a little more detail.

During my full liquid stage it was SF pudding, cream/milk based Soup, Jello, Water, Protein, Protein, protein in the form of shakes or broth. I also have unflavored protein and added it to my Soup and pudding.< /p>

Here is a link that might help you: http://www.cornellweightlosssurgery.org/pdf/dietary_guidelines_sleeve_gastrectomy.pdf

Best wishes (((hugs)))

Thank you so much those links were very helpful. I am just gonna have to tough this week out. Today was hard for some reason I'm hungry. I have a family so I am cooking dinner every night that makes it a little harder. I made spaghetti tonight. It never looked so good. I know once I get through this week I will do better. Thanks again!