Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mad... Upset...down Right Bored

So today the dietician said I can have thicker liquids. Well I have been drinking the Bariatric Advantage shakes and need some variety. What is a thicker liquid? ??? She said Tomato Soup and I can make my own as long as there are no chunks ...oh no Protein there. I need some recipes because I want to enjoy the thicker liquids but what are they...where are they??? Can I purée my lentil Soup. Arrrrgghhhhh

Healthwise makes great Protein packets you can add to the more savory Soups with 15g each. The only downside is you can't put it in Soup hotter than 130 degrees or the protein clumps, which is not as hot as I like my soup. But the Tomato, beef and chicken are all really good. I would sometimes use full tomato soups and puree with a hand blender to get the chunks out, or use a chicken and vegetable. I'd strain out the broth or cream, add the protein mix and puree the chicken/veggies to mush -- add only about 1/2 back in to save on carbs and volume.

i would call to clarify... but it seems you have been cleared for the "things you cant eat with a fork" phase! Things like yogurt, pureed Soups (no chunks), Protein smoothies, etc.

Also- dope your soups with Protein Powder. Not too hot though- otherwise you have curtled protein soup!

I speculate pureed lentil Soup is passable as long as its thinned.

Any Soups you like. Run them things through the blender and add in a scoop of flavorless Protein powder (I use Beneprotein). If you can swallow it without chewing, you are good to go. You can also add protein to V8 juice and go cold or warm. If you like the V8 V-fusion (100% fruit and veggies), you can add the powder to that too. I had much rather do these things than try to choke down those awful shakes! Not that anything with added protein power is that great, but you can not taste it nearly as much like this. Best wishes!

I am pre-op now but I had a dietary consult last week and was told to eliminate Tomato Soup for at least 6 weeks after the surgery due to the acidity, and healing.

My post op diet says cream Soups, Greek yogurt (without sugar) . Lots of people eat Trader Joe's soups in a box, but you would have to add unflavored Protein to give them a protein burst. You can also process cottage cheese until it has no lumps and put some flavored Syrup like Torani in to flavor it. More protein than pudding. Add dry powder milk to soups for more protein too.

Lentils are great puréed! I liked split pea and ham. I also did ground turkey and mushrooms with double Protein milk. Add hot sauce! Everything taste better with it! Also cook cauliflower add hidden valley ranch dry mix, milk, pepper and a small 1/2 teaspoon or less of chicken stock. Purée it and it taste amazing!! My 7 yr old ate it thinking they were mashed potatoes! Good luck!

I am 9 days out and I was released to eat almost anything! I can eat fish, seafood, chicken! Everywhere is different, that's for sure!!

My list is everything from the clear diet, cream Soups with the American heart association stamp, strained of all lumps and then the lovely Protein Shakes.

FWIW I didn't care for the cream soups until I made them with milk.

Lentils are great puréed! I liked split pea and ham. I also did ground turkey and mushrooms with double Protein milk. Add hot sauce! Everything taste better with it! Also cook cauliflower add hidden valley ranch dry mix' date=' milk, pepper and a small 1/2 teaspoon or less of chicken stock. Purée it and it taste amazing!! My 7 yr old ate it thinking they were mashed potatoes! Good luck![/quote']

Can I ask Measurements for each item?....like how much of the dry mix?...how much milk? THANKS!

To make double Protein milk add 1/3 of a cup of dry instant nonfat powder to 8oz of milk. The protein goes from 8 to 16 grams. For the ground turkey I kinda eyeballed it.....I used maybe 1 lb of ground turkey (with every spice I could find) I sutaaed 1 cupnof onions and a big tablespoon of garlic. Added some chicken broth and threw in mushrooms once it cooled I added 1 cup od dp milk. I added hot sauce to that. Fornthe "mashed" cauliflower I used 1 head cooked it in te microwave. Added 1/3 cupnof dp milk, maybe 1-2 tsp of the hidden valley ranch, pinch of pepper. I also made egg salad, 2 eggs, 1 tsp lf mayo, 1tsp mustard, and 1/2 avocado. That was really good!! If I think of anymore in will post!

I'm still pre op. but do you have a vitamix? It's expensive but is the one tool in my kitchen I use daily. Obviously for smoothies. Purées etc. but toss in frozen fruit and a bit of honey and it makes sorbet. Plus. Add veggies. broth. Cooked chicken. And it will make Soup. The motor is so

Powerful it can hear it up IN the vitamix. 5 min. So you could add Protein ( chicken) to soup.