Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 1/2 Months Out Some Progress And Some Questions

I'm about 3 1/2 months out and as that 6 month mark is coming up I'm getting more concerns. I started at 247 and am now at 195. I haven't lost in the past 3 weeks. I keep giong up and down back to the same numbers. I do notice that I am hungrier and I do work out 5 days a week but I'm wondering if the working out is making me too hungry so that I eat up more calories that I even burned. I'm trying to keep the carbs down but I've been craving them like crazy lately. I'm just scared that this is it for me and the weight loss has stopped. DId anybody else feel like this at 3 months?

What do your non-scale numbers tell you? Are your clothes getting looser? Waist getting smaller? 5x week workouts should be adding muscle, so you may just be converting fat to muscle.

You probably need about 1500 calories per day just to support basic life functions, so you'd need to be eating well above that to stall purely on diet. Maybe a change in workout will break the plateau.

Also, make sure you aren't experiencing head hunger - or anxiety eating - try to find a way to get your mind off the hunger...try lilmissdiva's boot camp, maybe?

I've lost 2 pant sizes but it seems like people on here seem to be losing them like crazy! I guess I'm just concerned that working out may be hurting me and not helping me. I've been working out since 6 weeks after my surgury and I seem to be a slow loser. I was trying to prevent all that lose skin by doing cardio and weight training. I think my problem is the constant snacking. I always seem to be eating something and I should be tracking down everything going into my mouth. :(

I hear you girl. You've already come a long way and so much to be proud of. I get discouraged at times too because I hit the stalls, but if I just hang in there, eventually the scale moves. Maybe try shaking up your routine and see if that helps. Sometimes increasing calories every other day helps and changing your workouts.

I have a friend visiting from out of town, and birthdays galore, I gained a pound from being out of my comfort zone, having a few bites here and there I wouldn't normally eat, but so glad I have the restriction so I can never really overeat. After my friend leaves in a week, I am getting down to business and see if I can get the last 50 pounds off!!!

problem of constant snacking. :(

msaprilddawn,

hi there,

please don't constantly snack , not good for you

You should also be accountable to yourself by tracking your food with MY FITNESS PLAN - this will help you alot.

Exercising 5x a week is great - not sure if that could keep you in a stall, change your workout routine, do weights differently maybe will help.

Sorry you are hungry sometimes, but don't snack.

You have not stopped losing weight. Your weight loss will pickup again

good luck

Kathy

My husband and I both had sleeve surgery. He lost 100 pounds in abt 6 months. I have lost 44 in six months. We both found that men and women can lose differently and that it seems to depend on how much you need to lose as to how fast it comes off. He started at 267. And I started at 200. It was much easier for me to eat a variety of food than it was for him. Our go to snack is sugar free pop cycles. Our nutritionist told us they were a free type food. Believe me. We eat the $@&$ out of them. Ithey are also considered a liquid. Now, if we can just keep the grand kids out of them. Lol

I seem to lose when my body is ready regardless of what I eat. Had not lost anything for abt a month and this week have lost four lbs. but they are right abt inches. Even whe I am not losing lbs I will notice I am losing inches. Best of luck

Thank you for all the post :) I am trying to start over new...yesterday I wasn't snacking on stuff all day and I stopped myself whenever I would reach for it. The scale is like an addiction to me...I can't seem to stay off of it. I keep telling myself that i won't weight myself for a week but when I wake up in the morning that's the first place I head to after the bathroom. Whenever the numbers aren't what I like it seems to ruin my dad and I tend to eat worse!

Thank you for all the post :) I am trying to start over new...yesterday I wasn't snacking on stuff all day and I stopped myself whenever I would reach for it. The scale is like an addiction to me...I can't seem to stay off of it. I keep telling myself that i won't weight myself for a week but when I wake up in the morning that's the first place I head to after the bathroom. Whenever the numbers aren't what I like it seems to ruin my dad and I tend to eat worse!

I moved my scale and only weigh in once per week now. I won't weigh on carpet so I store it in the closet and bring it out every Friday morning for weigh in.

Did you find that it helped with your weight loss only weight once a week? I'm scared to do it

Did you find that it helped with your weight loss only weight once a week? I'm scared to do it

I think so - the past couple of weeks I've pretty much stalled out losing between 0-2 pounds per week. But now instead of obsessing about it daily I just look back at the week and say what didn't I do 100% and focus on that for the next week. Like this next weeks goals will be making sure to get in 64 oz of Water and take my Vitamins daily!

is there a scale where you work out to where you can go by their numbers and you'd be less likely to reweigh every day? When I workout

there is a scale in the dressing room. Its digital and if I have the will power to walk by it, I have no choice but to wait on the weigh in at least one

more day. :)