Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Curious About Eating Times

I am 3 weeks post-op and I was just curious about how long y'all eat after you get "full" and how much at a time are you eating? I feel like I can eat more than I should be able to.

When I was in my mushy stage I was eating fairly boring bland stuff. I would measure out about 4oz of it and eat. Most times I would get that full feeling well before finishing and i would stop eating right then rather than pushing myself and chance throwing up or stressing my sleeve. Seemed like the thicker or more dense foods made me full quicker and liquid or runny stuff I could actually get in all 4oz. Now that I've started regular food I'm not measuring anything, just taking a few small bites of this and that and finding I'm getting full rather fast now.

It depends completely on what I am eating for how much I can eat. I can have a cup of Soup or a small salad no problem, but 3 bites of chicken or steak and I am stuffed. I try to make sure I have Protein first, and I rarely have room for anything else.

I eat about every 2 to 3 hours and I am just now at 6 weeks! If I eat chicken, tuna, or beef I get full in just a few bites! Soups and yogurts I can eat a couple of ounces! And my Protein Drinks it usually takes me an hour to an hour and a half to drink 8 ounces!

I am 3 weeks post-op and I was just curious about how long y'all eat after you get "full" and how much at a time are you eating? I feel like I can eat more than I should be able to.

I'm also 3 weeks and I posted a similar question. I feel like I can eat much more than I should be able to. Everyone says 2-3 oz but for me it's more like 5 oz. Then I'm hungry again in an hour.

At 1 week out it would take me an hour to drink a campbells Tomato Soup (individual sip cup)

At 3 weeks I was on smooshies and could get about 5 bites in. (No beverage with meals)

2-3 hours I was ready for more...(I drank a bottle of Water in between, but not within a half hour of a meal.

I am currently 11 months out at I eat between 10-20 bites depending on the food. I can still only eat 1.5 ribs of a rack. But I can eat a 5 oz filet of salmon no problem.

I made the stupid decision to eat some Pasta last week and was able to eat a medium size plate 25 or so bites. It went down just fine, but I was so sick and bloated about 30 minutes later. Yup Pasta Alfredo used to be my favorite. I'm so glad it makes me sick now; I have no desire to feel that sick for pasta gratification.

Start measuring your food with a food scale! I thought I was eating more than I really was until I started measuring!

I think its the whole being hungry in an hour thing.