Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 week post and it was tough with the nauasia. I'm getting use to drinking 4oz n a hr. Eatting pudding and yoguart but I have taste for mashed potatoes and gravy! I know I'm suppose to stick with the full liquids for another 4 weeks. But can I just add some pureed foods in my meals now maybe 1 a day if I can tolerate it. I can't tolerate the protien and barley Water right. I could be putting some Protein in my mashed potatoes! Is this normal to feel this way?

I think mashed potatoes are really heavy for a new, unhealed sleeve. I think you should be careful to follow your doctor's orders to avoid complications.

The first 2-3weeks post op are the worst for cravings! Maybe it's because that is when we are on the most restrictive diet in that we just get consume a lot of food or liquids. Just be strong and know that it will pass.

I can imagine the craving of Mashsed Potatoes and Gravy, especially from KFC Bc they are the BEST! But please stick to Dr's orders!!! Don't mess up your sleeve and maybe have an emergency surgery bc you blew out a staple over some mashed potatoes!

Good luck!

Johnathan

I had the same crzvings for mashed potatoes n gravy. It seems like that is one of most wanted after surgery. I had my husband get me some 4 says out. One taste was all I could handle and the craving stopped. It was mire like two spoon lick tests. Lol. Like u were feeding a baby kitten. Ready for 'normal' foods.

I also craved them. I strained clam chowder and it was wonderful. It was really filling and tasted great.

Hi,

I am 7 days out and can have creamy Soups. I found a weight watchers recipe for low fat cream of potato Soup with low fat sour cream. I left out the bacon and puréed it really good. I was able to have four small spoonfuls and it stopped my craving.

1 week post and it was tough with the nauasia. I'm getting use to drinking 4oz n a hr. Eatting pudding and yoguart but I have taste for mashed potatoes and gravy! I know I'm suppose to stick with the full liquids for another 4 weeks. But can I just add some pureed foods in my meals now maybe 1 a day if I can tolerate it. I can't tolerate the protien and barley Water right. I could be putting some Protein in my mashed potatoes! Is this normal to feel this way?

I would definitely wait! Follow doctors orders! If you can just hold on it'll be worth it! Just think you're not getting rid of it forever, just for right now. You can do it!!

At the hospital now and am on full liquids, they sent up a really good cream of potato Soup. They liquified it for me and tasted just like mashed potatoes and gravy.

Cream of chicken and rice soup liquified taste just like chicken dumplings. Mmm.

Patrick Have you already had surgery?

Yes on monday at 7 am.

Good luck Patrick!!! You are going to do great!!!

This is my first time on here, my surgery is July 9 yes Patrick please share details about any pain after

This is my first time on here' date=' my surgery is July 9 yes Patrick please share details about any pain after[/quote']

Ooh July 9th I'm so excited for you!!!!