Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Super Diet

Hey everyone!

I've read this forum a few times and enjoyed the great threads.

I got banded in late June of 2006. On my initial consultation, I weighed in at 376lbs in April of 2006.

From April to June 23rd on surgery day, I got down to 357lbs after doing the liquid diet thing and a little low carb now and then.

It is August 30th, and I'm now down to 318lbs! The band is doing it's thing and I'm eating about half as much as I used to. Less calories so naturally the weight loss. I've had one fill so far and am going for a second at the end of this month. On the first fill, there was a screw up and I got too much and I couldn't swallow anything (what a nightmare). Even my own saliva didn't go down. My fault I suppose. The doc told me to make sure I could pass a small cup of Water he gave me, but I didn't give his request the attention it required. The next day, I had an unfill and they took out like 2.4ccs.

I think they took out a bit too much because I was eating pretty much the same amount as before the fill. I didn't want to go back right away, so I stuck with the 2 month check-up/fill date. Instead, I wanted to see if I had the will power to lose weight on my own without as much help from the band. I started walking in the park, eating low carb, you know the regular things you try and don't work without the band (in my case at least since I never stuck to it.) However, I recently found a combination of dieting that works amazing and wanted to share it.

I am glad the pounds are coming off, but I was stuck between 325-330 for a good two weeks with no progress. The doc told me to come back after the unfill if I felt I was eating too much or not losing quickly enough, but I did this instead. The Super Diet isn't official, just a name I stuck to it since I think it is so awesome. In all honesty, I didn't stick with phase two for more than 2 days. As of the morning on the 3rd day, I had lost 10lbs! I started on a Sunday at 330, and ended up at 318 on Wednesday evening as I type this. It was a bit quick for me and I got scared. Now I'm doing like a lemonade drink in the morning to curb my appetite, a lite lunch, and a USANA shake in the evenings. Anywho, here is what I did. If anyone tries this, post here so I know this wasn't just a fluke!

The Super Diet

Phase One:

The first phase of this diet is to get your body in to a state of Ketosis. Once you’ve reached that level, then you can incorporate the Master Cleanse fasting.

Our bodies use energy that is supplied in the form of sugar. Once you run out of this reserve, your body switches energy modes and starts drawing from your fat reserves for the energy it needs to expend. It normally takes about 2-4 days to force this transition. All you have to do is eat foods that have no carbohydrates in them. This means no sugars, breads, full flavored sodas, juices, fruits, or sauces. If you read the labels, check out the carb counts. If it isn’t zero, don’t eat or drink it.

What you can have is all the Protein you can eat. This includes any meats (beef, pork, chicken, fish, and turkey,) eggs, cheese, lettuce, mushrooms, and full fat salad dressings. You can drink water, diet sodas, crystal light, or other water based fluids. The drinks can be sweetened with Splenda. So eat your fill of bacon, turkey legs, chicken wings with hot sauce and ranch dressing for several days. You will know when your body has switched stages because your breath will begin to smell and taste bad, and your urine will start to be darker.

Phase Two:

Once you’ve reached this stage, you are now ready for phase two. The second step is to start a short fasting period. You can lose a tremendous amount of weight in as little as two days. It is not recommended to extend this phase for more than 4-6 days. In this step, you will give up solid foods altogether for a while. You will drink only water or the lemonade mix.

The lemonade mix contains ingredients which will help cleanse your system of toxins, curb (practically eliminate) your appetite, and help you shed those pounds. The suggested amount of lemonade to drink is calculated by your current weight.

Take your weight, divide it by two, and drink that number of ounces of the drink mix per day.

Total Weight / 2 = Oz of drink mix per day

Once you start this phase, you cannot deviate at all. Otherwise it will do you no good, not even a vitamin! Your stomach has to cease any digestion which will also cause it to contract as a result of the fasting. When you are finished with the fast, don’t immediately start eating solid foods again. If you do, it will hurt. Slow back in to it over a 3 day time frame.

The first day off the lemonade, drink liquids such as crystal light, water, tea, orange juice (not too much OJ, it is extremely high in sugar,) or those diet drinks such as the V8 splash and so forth (they are actually very tasty.)

On the second day, eat cream Soups and soft foods such as macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, etc. It would also be a good idea to try Meal Replacement shakes such as USANA Nutrimeal, Slim Fast Protein Shakes, etc. Keep an eye on your carb count…this is a quick way to gain your weight back if you overdo it.

On the third day, start incorporating solid foods back in. It is highly recommended to eat meals comprised mostly of protein. Eat as much fish and turkey as you can (watch the breading and sauces) and you will be on the road to keeping the weight off.

Lemonade Drink Mix

This drink mix is awesome. It doesn’t taste fantastic, but it’s not completely gross either.

Mix the following:

2 teaspoons of lemon or lime juice (freshly squeezed, nothing already prepared)

2 teaspoons of maple Syrup (grade B preferred, grade A dark amber as a supplement if you can’t find grade :huggie:

1 / 10 – 1 / 4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper

Now add 8 – 10 ounces of distilled water and mix it up good then drink. Don’t prepare this ahead of time and drink it throughout the day. It has to be fresh every time.

That’s it. If you follow all of these steps, you are guaranteed to see some amazing results faster than you’ve ever experienced.

Good luck!

Yep, sure is.

I'm trying to stay fairly low carb. I'm going to try this again on Tuesday after Labor day to see if I can lose another 5-10lbs with little effort.

Sorry but I have to disagree, I didn't get my band to do all of this circus diet to lose weight. I wouldv'e done it in the ole days before getting the band, but now WITH the band I should lose weight in a natural and normal pattern. (even if it was a fill problem)

Plus lemonade for 2 or 3 days is guaranteed to burn the hell out of my stomach.

Goodluck to whomever want to try it, but I know that I won't