Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Much Head Hunger, How Do You Slay The Dragon?

Hey, I am hoping to get some feedback from others. I have been realizing that I have a lot of head hunger going on. I think I'm hungry when I'm actually thirsty. My head hunger is like a giant dragon that's slaying me! I can talk myself into eating anything. Last night I had a humongous meal at the Red Lobster. Now my head hunger is telling me that I'm needed to go into maintenance and that it's ok to eat a little bit carbs. So how do you guys deal with your dragon (head hunger)?

WHen you say enormous meal at Red Lobster, how much do you mean? It's probably nothing compared to before, so I wouldn't worry too much about that meal. I would think to only keep good things in the house that are on-plan to eliminate the temptation. You got this!!

head hunger going on.

hey girlfriend

during the day, i have no problem with "wanting" to eat just because i'm doing stuff like talking to you guys.

nightime, is another story watching the tube vegging with DH - i need to put my hands on something-besides my DH :D

If i do just want to eat. - hubby is being good by not eating in front of me.

i'm not hungry, i have that head hunger you were speaking of. keeping busy helps me not to eat, but the truth is if you want to eat that badly-you are going to find something.

i will grab a popsicle sometimes, and if we have my favorite, purple, then i'm really psyched

being a couch potatoe as i am, i will get up and and go someplace else. Watching too much TV gets gets me in trouble.

will usually go into the den and visit my computer w/you guys, i never eat at my computer. maybe i should live in the in the den, that way i will never eat - i will keep alot of Water on hand ;)hand.

don't think i was much help - i wanted to try

good luck

kathy

hey girlfriend

during the day' date=' i have no problem with "wanting" to eat just becausei'm usually busy

nightime, is another story watching the tube vegging with DH - i need to put my hands on something-besides my DH :D

i do just want to eat. - hubby is being good by not eating in front of me.

i'm not hungry, i have that head hunger you were speaking of. keeping busy helps you not to eat, but the truth is if you want to eat that badly-you are going to find something.

being a couch potatoe,i will get up and and go someplace else. i usually go into the den and visit my computer w/you guys.

don't think i was much help - i wanted to try

good luck

kathy[/quote']

Definitely agree! At night or when I get home from work I want to eat everything not nailed down. I like the idea of trying to stay busy. I feel a driving urge to put food in my mouth when my mind goes idle.

I agree that staying busy is how I slay the dragon. I hadn't cross-stitched in years, but I took it back up again. It totally helps me focus on something else. That and staying super hydrated and staying up on my Prilosec.

Something else that really helped a friend of mine is a Vision Board. She made it with old skinny pics of herself and really unflattering fat pics. She threw on a few cute outfits from her favorite store and put it on the board in their kitchen. Whenever she starts to feel hungry, she just walks in there and stares at it for a while - she concentrates on her goal and she swears that helps her.

WHen you say enormous meal at Red Lobster, how much do you mean? It's probably nothing compared to before, so I wouldn't worry too much about that meal. I would think to only keep good things in the house that are on-plan to eliminate the temptation. You got this!!

SophieJaneB: My meal was a 1/2 cup creamy potato and bacon Soup, 1/2 skewer of grilled shrimp, and 2 cheddar bay biscuits. I haven't eaten this much since pre sleeve time. :( I do try to keep unwanted foods out of my house and am constantly telling my adult children to not bring it home. :)

i'm not hungry, i have that head hunger you were speaking of. keeping busy helps me not to eat, but the truth is if you want to eat that badly-you are going to find something.

I really need to keep busy and drink more fluids. thanks kathy

At night or when I get home from work I want to eat everything not nailed down. I like the idea of trying to stay busy. I feel a driving urge to put food in my mouth when my mind goes idle.

Niahri I totally do the same thing, it's like a switch has flipped in my head and I start searching the cabinets and refrigerator. LOL. I think I'm going to force myself to go for a walk with our puppy. tried getting hubby to go last night, but he refused. :(

Minckle a friend of mine is a Vision Board.

A vision board is a terrific ideal! Thank you, I had completely forgot about visualizing what we want!!

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback, I will have to put it in gear now. :)

I can't stand the tricks my mind is playing on me with his head hunger but I have to tell myself that I got this vertical sleeve for a reason and I'm not trying to look like I did 62 pounds ago but man oh man does red lobster sounds good

When you are bored put on some music and dance or sing you won't think about food that is what I do and it works! I only had a yogurt and Water today never felt hungery head hunger didn't get to me today.

How can you guys eat so much? I am 3 weeks out today and I can barely eat a quarter cup of anything - and pretty much I have to force myself to eat that. When I do eat I get so full that it starts coming back up my throat and I feel like I am gonna puke. I am longing for the day when I can eat a little more, maybe even three different foods in one sitting! Why can I only eat this much? And when will I be able to eat more? I also feel like I have a rock in my stomach like all the time - will I ever feel normal again?

When you are 3 weeks post op, your stomach is still swollen some. This is quite an adjustment for your stomach getting different textures of food. You will be able to eat more as time goes by and depending on whether it's a dense Protein or not. Not rush it,you are doing just fine. It is frustrating to not be able to eat more of your favorite foods, but it's well worth it. Keep up the great job! And you will love your skinniness when you are near goal. :)

Dorrie,

the next time you feel this way, and know, for sure, that you are not hungry... imagine me in my full boxing kit - slaying that dragon! Giving it what for... yelling at it to JOG ON!

And if that doesn't work, well at least you've had a good laugh!

Hugs my friend! x

Coops: I am LMOA! Thank you so much, i will have to visualize that! I am making strives at recognizing that I think I'm hungry no matter what my stomach is telling me. This has always been a problem for me. I know that I have a core issue when it comes to shopping for food items. Now I buy food and it just spoils because I really don't eat it. Lots of stuff to work on. Thank you for my new coping skill of visualization of you in your full boxing kit, "slaying my nasty dragon." Hope things are going better for you my skinny friend! You are very tiny! Yayyyyyyyyyyyy! Let's rock these sleeves! :)

Yey... you can add any sound track that you want to.... thought it would make you laugh... and I am glad it did! Although these issues aren't funny, my coping skill is defo humour - I think being British, and more importantly Welsh has something to do with it...lol... Let the 'gun show' commence and get that pesky dragon!! x