Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits September Challenge

Thanks Julie. As long as it doesn't irritate everyone else I'll leave it as it is. I'm hoping after the holiday the group will get larger. I am so impressed that after a hard day you got off your couch and went to the gym!!! Sixty min. on the Elliptical?????? Your my new hero!!

Do have a safe trip, the weather is supposed to be miserable tomorrow. Here on Long Island we're expecting at least 2 inches of rain. The roads will be bad and getting a flight out should be tough too. At any rate... have a good time.

Roberta

Ok, I am posting this because I feel the need to be completely honest and fess up and am hoping to be severely reprimanded in the process. I was and still am very pumped about the September challenge. Last night, I had my tennies on, my dog on the leash and was getting ready to head out the door for a vigourous walk. Out come my daughter and hubby and say "Hey, lets head to Marble Slab for ice cream, we haven't been there in ages." Needless to say, Marble Slab won and I didn't get my exercise in.

Hi guys!!

Hey Roberta, I signed up too!!! I didn't get to do my first session, the girls who do the machine training, had left for the long weekend, so will begin on Tuesday. I have however continued to do my walking, and even had a game of chase with the granddaughter!!! I am aiming for 30 minutes EVERY day this month of some sort of exercise. Be it Curves, or dancing with the grandbabies...something!

Susan, that's the best thing I have found about this band, it is there, waiting for me...and ready to get back to work the next day! We all have days where we might not make the wisest food choices...but that does not mean it was not the wisest decision in other ways. Someday your daughter will be off to college, or married, and by then you will be long ago at goal weight, and it will not have mattered that one day you ate ice cream rather than walked...but having the special time with DH & DD...that will matter! We will be here ready to getcha when you really need it!!!

Kat

Hey Kat, I'm a firm believer that exercise is exercise. So do whatever works for you. You have a great goal of exercising everyday.

Susan: no beating for you, not even with a wet noddle! There are 28 more days in the month and I have not doubt that you are serious about this challenge. I agree with Kat, spending time with your family is priceless, and the Band is very forgiving. Tomorrow is another day.

LapBandit: welcome to our group!! You and Julie are off to a great start.

We can do this !!! This month is going to be the start of REGULAR exercise for me and I am determined to keep this up after September. So, if anyone sees me slipping, please, please give me a kick in the pants and jump start me!!!!!!

Roberta

Hi everybody,

count me in I will try my best to do that:-))Its not that much and at least a walk is better than nothing!!!Good luck to everybody

I've become the exercise queen - I'm now addicted - I'm gonna beat you all!:nervous

Betty from Lake Oswego, OR

April 7, 2006, Dr. Neal, Olympia, WA

234/190.5/134

Sept exercise (at least 30 minutes!!!!!)

Sept

1 - 2 1/2 hours @ the gym (NIA/Core/Group Power)

2 - 1 hour @ the gym (NIA)

3 - My 45th wedding anniversary with the same guy - went to a great brunch:hungry: - boy could I have done wonders with that last year - this year they made money on me!

Hi Everyone,

I passed up on the ice cream yesterday and got on my treadmill instead. I can't add my exercise to my signature post because apparently my sigy is too long already. So I am just going to keep track of mine on this thread and cut and paste it.

September Exercise Challenge:

9/1: None

9/2: Ice Cream instead of exercise, bad me.

9/3: 30 minutes on the treadmill!

Congratulations everybody on a great start!!!

Betty: you rock!!!! Welcome to our group. Happy 45th anniversary.

Hey....where's Amourette???? Come on in Amourette, the waters fine, jump right in with the rest of us!!!

I'm having all my kids and grandkids (that are in town) over for dinner, but I still did it this morning!!!!!

April 7, 2006, Dr. Neal, Olympia, WA

234/190.5/134

Sept

3 - My 45th wedding anniversary with the same guy - went to a great brunch:hungry: - boy could I have done wonders with that last year - this year they made money on me!

4 - 1 hour @ the gym (NIA)

Way to go for getting that exercise in even with a house full of company, Betty. WOOHOO!

I'm visiting friends in NC for the long weekend, but today, I took their baby out for a long walk (uphill, I might add). I would NOT have done this, but for this challenge! TWO down, 13 or more to go....

Had a great day - walked for Breakfast (we walk to a great little local restaurant a couple of times a week - about 3 miles round trip - had a veggie omlette and fruit - my husband Alan and I split it and then I split my half again and give that to him also-----comes with fruit and a scoop of cottage cheese - perfect!!!!)........:hungry:

Hope all of you are hard at it - better be, because I'm going to kick butt and all of you can't let an old 66 year young grammy do that to you!!!!:biggrin1:

4/7/06

234/190.5/134

Sept

4 - 1 hour @ the gym (NIA)

5 - 1 hour walk

September Exercise Challenge:

9/1: None

9/2: Ice Cream instead of exercise, bad me.

9/3: 30 minutes on the treadmill!

9/4: None

9/5: 30 minutes on the treadmill

I "am" hard at it!!!!! But you are kicking this 60 yr. old's butt.:faint: I want to be you when I grow up :biggrin1:

Roberta