Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits September Challenge

Well gang - I have made it to 13 workouts only 2 to go to make the challenge but I don't want to slow down now so i think I will go for the gusto and work out at least 20. But I think I am building muscle and not moving the scale as much. Anyone else feel this way?

My workouts are 45 mins long usually. Maybe I should start lifting weights.

The scale will eventually move as Bluehill nicely demonstrated. You just have to hand tuff!! Adding weights is always a good idea since it will help burn more fat. Congrats on making it to 13 workouts. You joined us late didn't you?

Roberta

I finally got below 178. I'm down one pound! I've never worked so hard to lose one pound in my life. I'm hoping this is the end of a very lengthy plateau!

NSV: The size 14 pants I was so excited to fit into are now baggy in the rear!

Boo, that's great news! Maybe moving down that one pound will be like a dam breaking, and you'll continue to lose more consistently, without a lengthy, demoralizing plateau. Size 12, here you come!

My scale is stuck. GRRR.

What do you all think we should do next month? Should we up the number of workouts to 17 (there's an extra day in October compared to September, so it's really just 1 more)? Should we add 5 extra minutes to the 30 minute requirement? Both? Neither?

I think we should up it a little, but not a whole lot. I know, for me personally, this is the first month I have really started exercising so I am just getting used to this. I want to keep it motivating, but I don't want to set myself up for defeat either. I am all for upping it to 17 workouts and increasing the time by either 5 or 10 minutes.

9/1: None

9/2: Ice Cream instead of exercise, bad me.

9/3: 30 minutes on the treadmill!

9/4: None

9/5: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/6: 45 minutes packing and moving heavy boxes

9/7: 30 minutes moving boxes and 30 minutes treadmill

9/8: None, was sick all day :sick

9/9: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/10: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/11: No exercise, 1 hour washing, vacuming, cleaning out car

9/12: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/13: None

9/14: None

9/15: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/16: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/17: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/18: None

9/19: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/20: 30 minutes on the treadmill

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->9/21: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/22: None

9/23: Out of town, 35 minute walk

9/24: None

I'm in for an increase in time and frequency. Like Susan, I want it to be a goal that is obtainable for me.

I need to share this with all of you. Saturday was a really bad day for me with my asthma. I had to do two Nebulizer treatments, and one today. I felt better today, not really myself, but better. Now here is my point; although the weekends never work out for me to exercise, today I felt compelled to do something. I went on the treadmill for (very slow speed) 15 mins. I don't plan on counting that time, I just wanted you guys to know I would never have done those 15 min. if we hadn't started this challenge thread. I think exercise is finally beginning to become part of my life!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Julie you are a maniac with that elliptical. I wish I could stay on that longer that 5 min. Great job!!

Whatever we do, I want us to all be successful. So, count me in on whatever the group decides. Since Halloween is coming, I need to set a personal challenge to stay away from any fun size goodies. The exercise helps my sweet tooth!

Just got back from Curves...40 min workout. 14 down one to go!!!

Eva: you and me were Banded on the same day and have loss approximately the same amount of weight. That's pretty cool.

Roberta

11 down, 4 to go. I can do this! In fact I'm quite liking the way I feel after a movement class and a daily lap swim. My life tends to be otherwise very sedentary, so this feels great!

September Challenge

1) 9/11: 1-hr movement class, 30-min lap swim

2) 9/12: 1-hr yoga class, 30-min lap swim

3) 9/13: 1-hr movement class, 30-min lap swim

4) 9/14: 1-hr yoga class, 30-min lap swim

5) 9/15: 30-min treadmill, 30-min lap swim

6) 9/18: 1-hr movement class

7) 9/19: 1-hr yoga class

8) 9/20: 1-hr movement class, 30-min lap swim

9) 9/21: 1-hr yoga class, 30-min lap swim

10) 9/22: 30-min lap swim

11) 9/25: 1-hr movement class, 30-min lap swim

I didn't get to do this challenge, but I am definately in on the next one. I just got a really nice recumbent exercise bike for the house. I am really excited about it.

Ok, let's make October's challenge 17 workouts, 35 minutes, PLUS making an effort in just ONE of those 17 workouts to try something new (a new class, a new machine -- anything that gets us out of our comfort zone). let's specifically remember to report in on what our "new" workout was and whether we think we'll do it again.

Sound good?

My "ultimate" goal is to workout about 20 times a month for 45 minutes each time, but if it takes me 6 months to work up to that, that's fine with me. I want something doable, not something that's a chore.

Welcome Irish Girl; we will be happy to have you join us for our October challenge.

45 mims. at Curves. 15 workouts completed for the September challenge:bananapartyhat: :wacko: :wacko: :Banane23: . I'm not stopping....this feels too good, I will continue into the October challenge.

Roberta

Roberta, congratulations on meeting the September Challenge!

As for myself, I'll be there by Friday! This has been a good month indeed!

September Challenge

1) 9/11: 1-hr movement class, 30-min lap swim

2) 9/12: 1-hr yoga class, 30-min lap swim

3) 9/13: 1-hr movement class, 30-min lap swim

4) 9/14: 1-hr yoga class, 30-min lap swim

5) 9/15: 30-min treadmill, 30-min lap swim

6) 9/18: 1-hr movement class

7) 9/19: 1-hr yoga class

8) 9/20: 1-hr movement class, 30-min lap swim

9) 9/21: 1-hr yoga class, 30-min lap swim

10) 9/22: 30-min lap swim

11) 9/25: 1-hr movement class, 30-min lap swim