Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits September Challenge

Oh Bluehill, don't worry. I bet you're just on a mini-plateau (or a WL "pause" as some people like to call it). It'll break soon and all your hard work will be rewarded.

Roberta, I'm with you. I weigh every day and I don't think it's evil to do so if it doesn't upset us. I spent 10 years in scale denial (not going to the dr when I needed to just to avoid it, etc.). I'll never be in scale denial again, even for a single day.

Roberta, I'm with you. I weigh every day...

Oh yeah, me too. I keep track of my weight on a daily basis, plus what I eat and how much I exercise. I admit, it's a bit obsessive, but what the hell, it's working. Keeping a detailed record of my progress has been very useful, and it definitely helps me to make wise food choices.

Let me clarify my statement. I don't think it's evil to weigh daily. I think the SCALE is evil because it lies to us, and often in the past caused me to give up because I was doing everything right and NOTHING was happening on the scale. Just as in the case with our dear Bluehill who is working so hard and doing everything right! Alas, the scale is withholding it's reward of seeing the numbers go down! BAD SCALE!!! BAD SCALE!! Hang in there Bluehill... it's just that dreaded plateau that Julie mentioned. You'll see results soon. Have you tried on any of your clothes that you weren't able to wear before the challenge? I bet they fit or are close to fitting you now.

Roberta

I think the scale is evil because it lies to us

You betcha. Especially mine. After going for years without a scale, cuz I really didn't want to know how much I weighed, I finally bought a new one in honor of my banding -- a VERY ATTRACTIVE [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000245PDG/102-6727335-3514511?ie=UTF8%3Cbr%20/%3E]Tanita digital scale.[/ame] It has turned out to be excessively evil, a lying devil that NEVER gives the same weight twice in a row, even if it's just 10 seconds later. And the weight goes up or down (mostly up, it seems) by as much as a pound or two. I should have returned it, but alas I didn't, and now I'm stuck with it. Like I said, it's very attractive.

Boo, I agree with the others, it may be time for another fill. I think I am at my sweetspot, if not, then I am darn close. After eating a certain amount of food, (I am not weighing or anything, but I would say probably around 5oz or so) it will suddenly hit me with this feeling in my chest that I am ok, but if I take just one more bite, I will regret it. I have finally learned to listen to that warning and have stopped pb'ing too, yea!! I don't get hungry in between meals anymore except for once in a very great while. And when I do, either a piece of fruit or a 100 calorie snack pack more than fills me up.

Hey Bluehill, I have a thinner digital scale. I have learned that in order to get accuracy on it, I have to make sure I always put my feet and toes in the exact same place on the scale. Just the slightest difference can make a big difference pound wise. So, I marked the spots on my scale where my feet and toes should be. As long as I place them there, I can get on and off the scale ten times and will still have the same, accurate reading every time.

Hmmm...

I will call the good doctor and check on dates for a slight fill. It only costs $100. Thanks, Susan, Roberta and Julie for the advice. I really need to start losing again.

Julie, when I was super-tight the only food that went down safely for me was M&M's and warm milk. That kept me going for a week until I could get an unfill. I'll never look at M&M's the same!

9/1: None

9/2: Ice Cream instead of exercise, bad me.

9/3: 30 minutes on the treadmill!

9/4: None

9/5: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/6: 45 minutes packing and moving heavy boxes

9/7: 30 minutes moving boxes and 30 minutes treadmill

9/8: None, was sick all day :sick

9/9: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/10: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/11: No exercise, 1 hour washing, vacuming, cleaning out car

9/12: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/13: None

9/14: None

9/15: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/16: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/17: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/18: None

9/19: 30 minutes on the treadmill

I was at the chiropractor's today -- I do a monthly maintenance -- and he commented on my weight loss. Well I guess he would know! heh

September Challenge

1) 9/11: 1-hr movement class, 30-min lap swim

2) 9/12: 1-hr yoga class, 30-min lap swim

3) 9/13: 1-hr movement class, 30-min lap swim

4) 9/14: 1-hr yoga class, 30-min lap swim

5) 9/15: 30-min treadmill, 30-min lap swim

6) 9/18: 1-hr movement class [pool closed due to chlorine problem. grrrr]

7) 9/19: 1-hr yoga class [pool still closed. double grrrr]

8) 9/20: 1-hr movement class, 30-min lap swim [Pool reopened!!! Hooray!!! Did two extra laps to celebrate]

40 mins. at Curves today......my scale was kind to me this morning.... I'm happy to report I've lost 5 #'s since Sept. 4th (when I joined Curves and started taking Trimspa)

Bluehill: See, you must be loosing inches for yor Chiropracter to notice your weight loss. Yeah!!! Congratulations on that NSV.

Roberta

I'm happy to report I've lost 5 #'s since Sept. 4th (when I joined Curves and started taking Trimspa)

WhooooooHoooooo! That's great, Roberta!

(What is Trimspa?)

Woo Hoo Bluehill and Roberta, love it when people notice and we see those pounds and inches dropping away. Congratulations!

Well I went for a bonus round!!! My girlfriend called and we went for a 40 min walk around the school track tonight. Yahoo.... so with my earlier workout at Curves, I got in 2 workouts today!

Thanks Susan for the high five.

Bluehill: Trimspa is the product Anna Nicole hypes. It's weight loss tablets. They contain Green Tea, some Hoodia, Chromium, Cocoa extract, Glucosamine, and some other stuff. It doesn't give me the jitters like some other stuff I've used in the past. I started using it this month because last month I was on a plateau for about 6 weeks. I was so bummed I got desperate. It was the first time since my surgery that I didn't lose 10 lbs in a month. I know... it wasn't realistic to think that would continue, but I didn't even lose inches. So I figured I'd give the Trimspa a try. Like I said in an earlier post, I don't know if it's the Trimspa or the exercise (probably both) that's giving me results. Whatever it is... I'll take it !!!!!!!

Roberta