Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits September Challenge

Hi Julie,

So, doing all the ab work didn't bother your port at all? You couldn't feel it or anything? Just wondering, because one of the new pieces of exercise equipment I ordered was the Tony Little Ab Lounger. After I already ordered it I began wondering if it would bother my port or not. I am really hoping it doesn't. You have given me more hope.

I have noticed that at Curves one of the ab equipments does hurt my port. Not enough though to prevent me from using it.

Roberta

I'd say I was "aware" of my port on a couple of the exercises, but it did not, by any means, hurt. Today my abs are sore, but my port doesn't feel affected by it at all. I think your Ab Lounger will be GREAT, Susan.

So, I did make it to the gym after all today. WOOHOO. Honestly, I needed the stress relief due to some craziness at work. It's so weird to me that exercise is a stress reliever for me now, instead of food. I don't even feel like my regular dinner after I exercise. Pretty neat.

On vacation in San Diego, Ca - going to my nephew's wedding on Sat......then I come home to Portland and head out the next day with some girlie friends to visit another friend who has a home on Martha's Vinyard!!!! I'm a jet-setter. I'll have a couple of (small) Maine Lobsters for you all.

Sept

1 - 2 1/2 hours @ the gym (NIA/Core/Group Power)

2 - 1 hour @ the gym (NIA)

3 - My 45th wedding anniversary with the same guy - went to a great brunch:hungry: - boy could I have done wonders with that last year - this year they made money on me!

4 - 1 hour @ the gym (NIA)

5 - 1 hour walk

6 - 1 hour @ the gym (NIA)

7 - took the day off!

8 - 1 hour @ the gym (NIA)

9 - 1 hour @ the gym (NIA)

10 - took the day off to pack for my trip(s)

11 - 1 hour walk for Breakfast ( 3 miles rt)

12 - 1 hour Water aerobics at my sister's gym in San Diego

13 - shopped till we dropped (having fun with my sister)

14 - veged - enjoying my vacation

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Betty from Lake Oswego, OR

4/7/06, Dr. Neal from Olympia, WA

234/189/134

I have been so bad, two nights in a row with no exercise. I wasn't feeling well again last night, but I think I lost about 2 pounds running to the bathroom. :sick I guess I will have to double up over the next couple of days.

9/1: None

9/2: Ice Cream instead of exercise, bad me.

9/3: 30 minutes on the treadmill!

9/4: None

9/5: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/6: 45 minutes packing and moving heavy boxes

9/7: 30 minutes moving boxes and 30 minutes treadmill

9/8: None, was sick all day :sick

9/9: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/10: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/11: No exercise, 1 hour washing, vacuming, cleaning out car

9/12: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/13: None

9/14: None

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Julie, your Ticker says you are just 7 lb from your goal weight of 266. This right?

Bluehill,

I don't have a real goal yet -- I live in the world of mini-goals since I had so much to lose. I'm only 5'2, so 266 is certainly a "mini" goal. My current thoughts on final goal might be in the mid 160s, which is when my BMI leaves the "obese" category. I've been talking to my Dad about it (he's a PS) -- he thinks at that point I can have a TT and be done with it and live life in the 150s. We'll see. All that's to say that I don't have a true final goal yet.

Hey Julie,

Speaking of being morbidly obese, obese, etc., do you know of a place that has the table with BMI and that so I can determine what weight I need to reach to just be considered "obese"? That may be one of my next goals.

Thanks.

Ok guys, we are halfway through the month. How is everyone doing? Where is everyone?

My ab lounger arrived yesterday. I can't wait to try it out. That is dh's project this weekend, to put it together for me. I am so not mechanically inclined, lol. I am hoping my elliptical will get here today or Monday.

9/15: 30 minutes on the treadmill

Well the month is half over, and I'm a third of the way there. Which is good progress, since I just started on Monday, 9/11. After five straight days of good exercise, SHE RESTED ON THE SIXTH DAY!

I have three work crews here simultaneously -- the painters are doing the house exterior, the carpenters are building a firewood shed, and a third crew is felling and cutting up trees for firewood. Obviously I can't leave the house and go to the gym with all these shirtless guys on the property. Plus, I love to lounge around and watch men work!

September Challenge

1) 9/11: 1-hr movement class, 30-min lap swim

2) 9/12: 1-hr yoga class, 30-min lap swim

3) 9/13: 1-hr movement class, 30-min lap swim

4) 9/14: 1-hr yoga class, 30-min lap swim

5) 9/15: 30-min treadmill, 30-min lap swim

I hear ya, bluehill! Nothing like lounging around feeling like a princess while we watch the guys work hard, lol.

9/15: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/16: 30 minutes on the treadmill

Susan,

I use the Department of Health calculator, which you can find at:

bmihttp://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

(I can't get the link insert button to work tonight -- sorry)

Today I went to the office for a while to get my mind of something that's got me stressed out. I wore tennis shoes so I could power walk the 3 miles home. So that makes 10 sessions this month for me....

Thanks for the link, Julie. I am going to check it out now.

I hope the power walk helped relieve some of your stress. I am surprised at how exercising relieves stress.

Hi guys, I see everyone is really stick to this and getting in some exercise. I'm posting because like Susan I haven't been feeling well. My asthma started up Friday and I've felt pretty rotten since then. My DH arranged for me to get a hour massage Saturday morning and that helped, but I still don't feel right. I got on the treadmill tonight, but was only able to do 20 min. I was sweating like a pig and having trouble breathing. I know 20 min doesn't count, but I felt I needed to post it for my own morale.

Bluehill: you are doing great even with the late start.

Susan: Glad to see you were feeling well enough to get in exercise two days in a row.

Roberta