Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits September Challenge

Day 2 of my new exercise regimen, and I'm hoping to stay focused on DOING this. I agree with Julie that a one-hour class plus a 30-min. lap swim counts as 2 sessions (since the class is all one thing). But on the slim chance that I might actually be able to exercise a total of 15 days in the time left, I'm so far calculating just by the day.

Loosing muscle....that's scary because the heart is a muscle.:) I too wonder how you would go about calculating it.

Eva, you seem always to be doing some sort of exercise since you got the Band. I don't know how that would be possible.:( What did your doctor say about how he arrived at that conclusion?

Day 2 of my new exercise regimen, and I'm hoping to stay focused on DOING this. I agree with Julie that a one-hour class plus a 30-min. lap swim counts as 2 sessions (since the class is all one thing). But on the slim chance that I might actually be able to exercise a total of 15 days in the time left, I'm so far calculating just by the day.

GOOOOOOOOOOO Bluehill! That's the right attitude! OK, if you can do it, I can do it. I'd decided to skip the gym tonight, but now I'm going to go. Thanks for the motivation.

Hi everyone!

Well yesterday was the first day this month that I did not get in my time. I rode with my SIL to get a fill, and it is a 12 hour round trip...we left early, got home late, and I did nothing but ride.

Today however was a different story!!! I did my 3 walks with DH, we logged 2.6 miles today. I also helped my Dad and my brother mix, and pour 2 cement slabs. I am a cement mixing fool let me tell you!!! And I literally moved almost a ton of sand and gravel, and 8 - 80 pound bags of cement. We built my Dad a shop, and we are putting the floor in. Then this afternoon, I got in my Curves workout! So I did my penance for missing yesterday!!! I know the goal was 15 in the month, but I told myself since DH has to walk everyday I could do it everyday---then I missed!!!

Tomorrow holds at least double workouts for me as well. Will be walking with my DH, and my DS and I are going after a load of firewood, at a place where it is cut, but you have to load your own truck, so we will load our truck and an 18 foot trailer to a depth of about 3 feet. Then when we get home it has to be unloaded and stacked. I'll tell ya that firewood warms you up many times!!! It is hard work, we have done it once already this year. This will be the first time we have to do it without my DH to help. And that will be a big difference, he is a work horse!!!

But this will be enough to get us through the winter. We only turned our heater on once last year. And only then because my newborn grandson was here, and I wanted the temperature to remain steady for him.

Sounds like everyone is doing so well!!! Welcome and congrats on the workouts Bluehill!!! I have no idea how they test for muscle, heck I just read how they determined my fat ratio!!! Let us know what you find out!

Keep up the great work everyone!!

Kat

On vacation in San Diego, Ca - going to my nephew's wedding on Sat......then I come home to Portland and head out the next day with some girlie friends to visit another friend who has a home on Martha's Vinyard!!!! I'm a jet-setter. I'll have a couple of (small) Maine Lobsters for you all.

Sept

1 - 2 1/2 hours @ the gym (NIA/Core/Group Power)

2 - 1 hour @ the gym (NIA)

3 - My 45th wedding anniversary with the same guy - went to a great brunch:hungry: - boy could I have done wonders with that last year - this year they made money on me!

4 - 1 hour @ the gym (NIA)

5 - 1 hour walk

6 - 1 hour @ the gym (NIA)

7 - took the day off!

8 - 1 hour @ the gym (NIA)

9 - 1 hour @ the gym (NIA)

10 - took the day off to pack for my trip(s)

11 - 1 hour Water aerobics class with my Sister's gym in San Diego

hey girls:-))

you can find out how much muscle, Water and fat you have in your body on special scales.the scales sends through your body low electric current (you dont feel it) and based on the different resistance the scales counts the percentage that you have in your body.

you can buy those scales but the ones the docs have are much more accurate and of coourse expensive.

I told her that I go to the gym at least 2-3 times a week and she said that should be enough.

On the other hand, we must lose some muscle because I have like 60kgs of muscle in my body and if I want to weight around 70kgs it cant be just the muscle.You always have some portion of water and fat along with muscle.Anywas I got my Protein Drink yesterday for dinner an d it has 37grams in one serving plus I try to eat Protein during the day,so that should do.

The hairloss sarted so Im eating some vitamines for it, Im also a bit scared of low Calcium, because I definitely dont get the daily amount.So I have too buy some pills.< /p>

I went to gym yesterday and spent one hour on threadmill and 20minutes doing weights.Let me tell you if there wansnt our thread I wouldnt probably go:-)because I was kinda lazy yesterday.

The thread definitely helps me!!

Everybody is doing great, keep the good work!!!:-))

we go girls:-))

Everyone is doing so good, this is great. I hope we do it again next month too. Eficka, I am going to see if I can find one of those scales somewhere, because now you have got me really curious!

I am so excited, I got an email today that my ellipitical and ab lounger have shipped!

9/1: None

9/2: Ice Cream instead of exercise, bad me.

9/3: 30 minutes on the treadmill!

9/4: None

9/5: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/6: 45 minutes packing and moving heavy boxes

9/7: 30 minutes moving boxes and 30 minutes treadmill

9/8: None, was sick all day :sick

9/9: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/10: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/11: No exercise, 1 hour washing, vacuming, cleaning out car

9/12: 30 minutes on the treadmill

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Anyone notice that you aren't loosing weight but you are loosing inches???? I bought 4 pairs of pants in size 14w's for a cruise I'm going on the first week in November; hoping that MAYBE I would be able to fit them. I figured if not, hopefully by the Summer they would fit. Well.....I tried them on this morning and they fit:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: I'm so happy!!! Now I HAVE TO WORRY THAT THEY'LL BE TOO BIG!!! :faint: Who would have thought that would turn out to be a problem. I'm lovin' this Curves thing!!

Roberta

OK, tonight I walked in and in the elevator (a contradiction to take the elevator in a gym, but it's on the top floor of a highrise!) and an instructor that was getting off at the same floor as me said "are you coming to my abs class?" I said, "sure, why not" -- so I did an ab class in addition to my 35 min on the elliptical. It's good to mix things up.

So, I'm up to EIGHT, ladies! I might miss tomorrow though -- crazy work day.

Hi!!! Well today DH and I only did one walk, we walked just over a mile. BUT I also worked with our DS and loaded 2 cords of firewood, hauled it home, and unloaded and stacked it. A solid 3 hours of non-stop hard physical labor. The key word there being "non-stop". We have hauled firewood pretty much year round for us, our aging parents, and even our kids. I had to do more work this time because my DH cannot do it yet (he just had open heart surgery for a valve repair). This time I did all the extra work, and did not require rest time!!! I have had 2 days of hard manual labor, and my poor body is sore!!!

They measured my body fat ratio when I joined Curves, it was not done on a scale but with a hand held device, it too send the current through. I think I will ask my Dr. when I go in next!!

Keep up the good work guys, everyone seems to be doing so well, looks like we have this challenge whooped!!! Way to GO!!!

Kat

Day 3, and I'm right on course (see below)!

Julie, what a felicitous meeting on the elevator! Now tell me what goes on in an abs class.

Kat, my five cords of firewood will be delivered over the next two weeks. Do you have any extra time in your busy schedule for stacking duties? I'll make it worth your while! heh

9/1: None

9/2: Ice Cream instead of exercise, bad me.

9/3: 30 minutes on the treadmill!

9/4: None

9/5: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/6: 45 minutes packing and moving heavy boxes

9/7: 30 minutes moving boxes and 30 minutes treadmill

9/8: None, was sick all day :sick

9/9: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/10: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/11: No exercise, 1 hour washing, vacuming, cleaning out car

9/12: 30 minutes on the treadmill

9/13: None

And abs class is essentially 30 minutes of different kinds of situps. I was a little worried about my port (ridiculous, I know), but the 30 minutes went by quickly and I'm not too sore today.