Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits September Challenge

This is the challenge:

At least 30 mins. of any kind of exercise done 15 x during the month of September. We can post our progress weekly. Posts to encourage our group, share how you are making it work, or to vent will be a plus.

We will share our success stories and totals on October 1st.

Any changes or additions to the challenge are welcome, just remember September starts on Friday. So post your ideas before Friday!!

ARE U READY?????

Roberta

Yes, I am definitely in. Can't wait to get my lazy butt motivated. :huggie:

How are we going to post our exercise? Is someone going to keep track of it or what? Just wondering.

I'm open to suggestions. We could do it the same way they do the "April Bandits running weight loss totals". Just a thought.

I've decided to join Curves to help me meet the challenge!!

Roberta

How about adding the number of times we've exercised in Sept. for 30 minutes, to date, in our signature line? That would work. I'm open to any method you guys prefer though!

I've been slacking at getting to the gym and blaming it on a super busy work schedule. Back to the gym we go! WOOHOO!

Count me in!! I am meeting the woman at my local Curves tomorrow for a tour, and all that jazz!! I also plan on continuing my daily walking. My DH had heart surgery earlier this month, so we walk 3 times a day, we are up to about a mile and a half a day!! I will need the motivation when he goes back to work!!!

Good Luck All!!!

Kat

Kat....I can't believe it!! I'm going for a tour tomorrow at my local Curves. It's good your husband is feeling well enough to return to work.

Hey Julie... sounds fine to me. Could you PM me and with an example of how you'd do it. That is IF it isn't too much trouble. If you don't have time to do that, we'll just follow your lead when you post your exercise.

Well this is it, the dirty deed is done!!!! We begin tomorrow...

Roberta

Ok, count me in... now at least when I go to the doc in 2 weeks and she asks me if I am exercising, I can honestly say yes!!!!!

Some how when I edited my signature for the September challenge, it updated all my previous posts. So it looks like I started my challenge the end of August. Julie, since you suggested adding the info to our signature line, do you know how I can fix the earlier post? I am NOT computer literate. Sorry... What did I do wrong???? Thanks for any help you can give.

Roberta

Ceparano,

There's no way to avoid the signature changing on past posts, but it doesn't look like you started earlier. That's just the way signatures work. If you go back to your first posts, for example, it'll have your current weight on them, even though you hadn't lost that amount when you made that particular post.

If you would rather use a score card method, that'll totally work too! Really, whatever you guys prefer! There are not so many of us that the thread will get out of control, so I think any method each person likes is great! I'm going to keep it in my signature, but I'm not going to list each date I work out -- only the total number of workouts.

OK, so I have been working on this CRAZY case at work. I've been working round the clock and not exercising at all. The case finally calmed down yesterday (I'm a corporate restructuring attorney and when a company actually FILES for Chapter 11, most of the work for the lawyers is done and we get our lives back). I came home early today -- around 4 -- and was sitting on my couch thinking about my trip for tomorrow (I'm headed to NC to visit friends). Then I checked LBT and remembered the challenge. I headed straight for the gym and did 60 min on the elliptical machine. Way to go April Bandits! This is just the motivation I needed!

Hugs to you all,