Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone!

I'm in the early stages of applying for gastric sleeving and I had a few questions for the group:

1. Has anyone been successful for 5+ years?

2. What is the average cost for required Vitamins, since this is life long?

3. Has losing the weight so fast caused any psychological issues i.e obsessed with staying thin etc..

4. Since losing the weight have you picked up any new habits e.g. Increased drinking or smoking

Thank you so much in advance for your answers.

Hi Everyone!

I'm in the early stages of applying for gastric sleeving and I had a few questions for the group:

1. Has anyone been successful for 5+ years?

2. What is the average cost for required vitamins' date=' since this is life long?

3. Has losing the weight so fast caused any psychological issues i.e obsessed with staying thin etc..

4. Since losing the weight have you picked up any new habits e.g. Increased drinking or smoking

Thank you so much in advance for your answers.[/quote']

Great questions. I would love to hear the answers too

I too would love to hear from someone 5+ years out. Plus answers to the rest also. :huh:

I know everyone will be glad to answer your questions, adn so will I (after work, lol) but you need to be researching on your own, too - these answers are out there and very, truly, seriously, don't trust us for all of your information - don't rely on passed down infromation - this is a learning phase - read, read, read and I mean books, websites - not forums, web journals (I mean medical).

I will post more when I can browse freely and pull up the addresses, etc....

1. This procedure is relatively new so long-term data is hard to find, but check out the pinned topic "Weight Gained Since Being Sleeved." A lot of long-termers talk about their success on that thread.

2. I'm not super awesome about taking my Vitamins. I take them a couple times a week, when I remember. I spent a lot of money at first trying to find Vitamins I liked. I bought a few different B Complex ones until I found ones that didn't smell horrible, and I had to buy different Calcium chews because I bought the wrong kind. I don't even notice it in my budget anymore.

3. I'm 10 months out. No psychological issues so far. Nothing but joy, really. I check myself out in the mirror, a lot. ;)

4. I think I got lucky here too. I love shopping now, but my budget helps keep that in check. I enjoy cooking a lot more now, and making "normal" (protein-rich) recipes instead of the low-cal/low-fat/low-flavor crap I was cooking while dieting. I do drink, but no more often than before, and less volume because I get tipsy faster.

Hope this helps.

Hi everybody

I have only had the sleeve since april 18th of this year but I do wish i was more prepared for the loss of enjoyment of food. I loved eating now its like a chore to make sure i am taking care of myself but I will get used to it i have lost 45 pounds! and I look and feel great! Just wish i could eat more lol It makes me want to enjoy something something bad lik edrinking or something more, but I dont do it because im SO scared of hurting my sleeve as much as i dislike it at eating times I LOVE IT when im shopping for clothes lol I take flinstone vitamens like 6 bucks a month and Calcium 6 dollars every other month and now Biotin for my hair thats 6 bucks also every other month. I am a very mind, soul, body, enriched women and I feel like when i was bigger I was sick! now I feel like more energy, more smiles, im not obsessed with being smaller or anything im am worried abotu loose skin thats it! Im only 22 so hopefully my skin will be elastic as the doctor says! I have a LOVE/HATE relatiopnship with my sleeve

Thank you! Yes, I'm still researching and reading and did I say reading :)

I just like to hear things straight from the people who have gone through it as well.

I have seen a couple 5 year people and they gained a little but look great.

I appreciate all answers, thx again!