Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sugar Free Chocolate Bar

Someone posted before about some sugar free dark chocolate bars from Trader Joe's. I bought one last week and they are really good. Although I never like dark chocolate before, I do now. they are sugar free and carb free (I can't remember how many calories, I don't have the wrapper anymore). There are 4 servings per bar, but each serving has 3 little squares you can break off, so you can just eat one of those. Just something to keep around for an added treat. It will last a long time!

What/where is trader joes??? I need some of these bars!

Beware of chocolates like that and the other ones by Hershey and Russel Stover. They have a laxative effect on the body and its REALLY noticeable to a VSG person (I tried them all)

What/where is trader joes??? I need some of these bars!

I don't think they have Trader Joe's where yu are, but I will look tomorrow when I go and post the brand tomorrow.

Beware of chocolates like that and the other ones by Hershey and Russel Stover. They have a laxative effect on the body and its REALLY noticeable to a VSG person (I tried them all)

I can see where that may be a problem, but I have been fine so far. i have only eaten 2 small squares total in 3 days so I will watch it.

Hey SleeveDreamer, do they have a website?

I had a run-in with those myself. It was not pretty since I suffer from dumping after having had my gallbladder removed. They are very tasty, though.

I was not able to get over there today, so I will go over in the morning so I can give you guys who asked the info off the label.

Proti Diet also makes a chocolate dream bar. Tastes like a Nestle Crunch Bar. They have 10g protien & only 6 carbs. I buy them on www.mybariatricpantry.com. Great to have around to nibble a square or two when I'm craving chocolate! Plus the added protien never hurts!

Great suggestions, thanks!

Hey SleeveDreamer, do they have a website?

Here is the website for these.

http://www.simplylitefoods.com/

The sugar-free one is dark chocolate and gluten free also. Only 1g net carb. Maybe you can contact them directly to see where to find them in your area. My husband is diabetic, so I basically bought it for him at first. But I love the taste too. Didn't think I would ever eat dark chocolate! I know this sounds dumb, but since I eat a tiny square every other day (1/3 of one serving) I have not been in a stall.

Thanks girl, there site didn't have an order form, so I asked if there was a local vendor, and asked for a sample!! Whoo ha! thanks!

Thanks girl, there site didn't have an order form, so I asked if there was a local vendor, and asked for a sample!! Whoo ha! thanks!

No problem. I hope you can find someplace close to you that carries them. I paid 1.99 each. Not bad, cuz they will last a long time.