Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Weeks Post Op/ June 4Th D.o.s

Hey! Just wanted to check in with all my other June 4th Sleevers to see how things are coming along. I have a really lax NUT, so I am able to have just about anything as long as I can tolerate it. So for the past couple of days, I have been trying random foods.

So far shrimp has been the easiest to get down with zero issues. Yay, because I love shrimp.

I haven't tried chicken or pork and my sleeve dislikes beef of any kind.

I am east Indian, so i am trying to incorporate a lot of the flavors and seasoning back into my foods. I had curried chick peas and potatoes, also went down fine. Also Dhal, a yellow split pea kind of Soup is excellent.

Scrambled eggs are problematic, bummer! :-(

Lunchmeat, if moist, is pretty good.

tuna is horrible...It feels stuck every time.

Watermelon is fantastic! Although I spit the fibers out...kind of afraid to swallow it.

Beans of any kind go down smooth when pureed pretty well.

The number one advice I would give is to CHEW, and take your time!

I went out for sushi this weekend and had miso soup and the insides of one piece of a spicy crab roll. I also had sashmi, I trier itty bitty pieces of all the fish and it was great.

I can only do maybe 2-4oz of food before I feel stuffed and uncomfortable.

I am having a hard time leaving the Water alone while eating, it a hard habit to break! It's so nice to drink without pain, I don't gulp but I don't sip either. It's great!

I am still struggling to get my Protein in, which concerns me, but at least Im trying. I'm 30 pounds down, 10 pre-op and 20 since Surgery. I walk about 4 days a week for 1 hour, nothing too strenuous as yet.

So how are my sleeve sisters and brothers doing?!? :-)

Congrats!!! I'm glad you are doing well. I love to hear that.

I am 3 weeks out yesterday also. My surgeon & nutritionist are strict. (very) I still have a few stitches (I thought mine were dissolvable) so ugh.

I am still on full liquids. I am waiting to get to the pureed stage. I see surgeon tomorrow and I hope they will say yes to pureed tomorrow, but I wrote somewhere in my wls journal that it's not until week 5. My next appt. with nurse & nutritionist is July 9th. That would = 5 weeks. I really hope I don't have 2 more weeks of just full liquids.

I'm not really hungry, I just really am having issues with shakes.

I try to spend an hour walking around out in the yard or I do laps in the house still. I have walked outside too. Every other day I use 8 pound weights and work each arm, triceps, biceps, lats, shoulders etc. and I do it in a seated position so I do not use my stomach muscles.

My stomach is still sore, I still can't sleep on my stomach, I am able to get to my side, but I don't try it until about 5:00 am and I spent the next two hours taking turns sleeping on each side.

I am looking forward to blended tuna, though I am not suppose to try mashed potatoes yet, I have tried it, with powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury 'unflavored' skim milk and ff sour cream. It is almost to the point of liquid consistency and I was able to get a few teaspoons down. I also have tried 1% cottage cheese and I did better with it yesterday than last week when I tried. Chewing cottage cheese is a very strange sensation to me.

I still use the med cups to drink. I hate drinking out of a Water bottle. I am very conscious of every sip I take and I try not to take in air, but if I drink out of a water bottle, I take in air often times it is uncomfortable still.

Most of all, I want to go swimming, though I know that putting a swimming suit on would probably still bug me. I'm hoping I get released to swim in the next 2 weeks. It's my favorite thing to do and I feel like summer is slipping away, but there is always next summer.

I can't wait until shrimp is doable. I love shrimp. I bought a frozen package of Tilapia and some fat free tartar sauce. I have it on my list for pureed phase, where you blend it and eat it.

Things I miss the most right now, salad, pickles, tabasco, steak. Knowing steak will be hard down the road kind of sucks, because I am not a sweet eater, I'm more of the savory eater. Things like summer squash, steak, lobster are my deal.

I spent 6 months pre-approval working had and I lost 70 pounds pre-surgery so I was doing quite well before surgery, I wish I could get back to my old ways because I had a good handle on getting in high Protein, low carbs. Today once again I suffered with the shake and it went down like elmer glue mud and for every sip, it was fighting the last sip that wanted to come up. I really hope I can eventually find a shake that I approve of. It's a shame things I loved in the past, are so disgusting to me at the moment.

Mina, I feel so much better now, as compared to last week. I'm grateful I am healing so well. I too can not sleep on my side. I have pain diagonally from my largest incision. My doc said, that is where the deep muscle sutures are. It won't heal for months. Oh well, Im a side sleeper, but I will just deal with it.

I have the same problem with Protein Drinks. I went to kroger this morning and got the banana creme muscle milk. To my surprise, it went down the easiest! I had the whole thing for lunch over about 1.5 hours. Lol. Ensure high Protein also works for me. Right now I'm not concerned with the Carbs and calories, just about getting the protein in. I bought some Isopure. YUCK! I mixed half of it with Powerade and it made it tolerable. Praying the protein intake gets easier!

I am also a June 4ther... Am doing pretty well but I also have a strict Doctor so I'm on pureed food for 6 weeks, then soft food for 4 weeks and at 4 months out I will be moved into a regular diet. I'm ok with that since food doesn't always sit too well with me.

I'm good at getting in my Protein with 2 shakes a day and then the chicken broth from unjury. What I have found is that I can't do the ready to drink shakes - they are just too thick. I'm good when I can make shakes out of my fat free lactose free milk with Protein powder.

My Water intake is good too and I can take some good size drinks now - probably 1oz a sip and I can go through 8oz in about 40 minutes. For me, crystal light wasn't cutting it and propel was almost to sweet but because of these boards I found Mio and that's been perfect and helped to get my Water intake up.

Energy levels come and go but I do have to go back to work next week so we will see what happens. As of this morning I'm down 18lbs from surgery - not bad for my first month but hoping it slows down next month as i would like to keep it to no more than 2lbs a week to allow time for my body to catch up.

My sleeve date was June 4th as well. I am doing pretty nicely just got back from the beach on Sunday and that was a blast! I bought some tegaderm to cover my drain scab since that was the only incision not healed yet so I could go swimming. I have also tried everything under the sun ( or so it seems) and the only thing that didn't sit well with my sleeve was BBQ pork loin. I think it was the BBQ Sauce because I had some pork loin without sauce for lunch and was fine but at dinner it caused me to feel over full and get the foamie burps. Blech! But shrimp beef chicken and fish are all fine. Broccoli, onions green peppers, green Beans, mustard greens, ect are all fine as long as they are cooked mushy. I bought a rival mini food processor at Walmart for 10 bucks and it's the perfect size for me. I have been blending everything in sight! I rarely use shakes any more unless I am in a hurry to go somewhere or I need to eat on the go. I have one more week on mushy then I am on to soft foods. I gained 20 pounds in the hospital from fluids but counting those 20 I have lost 44 pounds since leaving the hospital!! Nothing preop ( I didn't have a preop diet :) ) loving my sleeve best wishes to all!

Forgot to add that I use Tabasco and a-1 sauce and I'm good with it you will get there!

I've said it before....and I will say it again...

I am SHOCKED at the different food stages we are all at. I can't imagine not having regular food for 4 months!

I really miss my scotch bonnets,habaneros,serranos,Thai bird peppers and all of my various pepper sauces. Hopefully that will come with time. I am extremely happy I can tolerate curry and all my Trinidadian spices. Life is just not the same with bland food.