Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Hoping This Gets Easier.

You know, working out when you weigh 332 is HARD. Granted, it's probably not easy for any size, but I'm sure hoping things get easier when my weight finds another home. Right now, it's almost all I can do to walk for 30 min on the treadmill without saying to myself, "Nope, I'm done for the day." Part of me thinks that I'm setting my expectations too high.

Thoughts?

I don't think you've had the surgery yet? You will be so amazed at how much more you will become physically capable of once you start to drop the weight. It is just amazing.

And to go from inactive to 30 minutes on a treadmill is a huge accomplishment, no matter your state when you exit the treadmill!

Keep up the good work!

You are doing a great job to start with! Thirty minutes is nothing to sneeze at! Keep it up, it does get easier as time goes on. Have you been sleeved yet? :)

That's pretty awesome. I agree with the others- to go from nothing to thirty minutes... That's amazing. Stick with the walking. Imagine how much easier it will be once the weight starts melting off. If your worried about setting your goals to high - check in with yourself. Please don't push it to the point of injury. You know your body the best. Modify as necessary, but rest assured it will get easier over time.

Best of luck!

aleach, If it's any consolation, you're doing more, faster and at a higher incline than I did on the treadmill to start... and I've dumped the treadmill for the elliptical and recumbent bike! :) I could barely do 5 minutes on the treadmill to start with and I was totally thrilled when I walked around the lake in my apartment complex!! That's barely 1/4 of a mile. :)

Just keep moving slowly and steadily and you will get there! You're already doing a terrific job!!!

You know' date=' working out when you weigh 332 is HARD. Granted, it's probably not easy for any size, but I'm sure hoping things get easier when my weight finds another home. Right now, it's almost all I can do to walk for 30 min on the treadmill without saying to myself, "Nope, I'm done for the day." Part of me thinks that I'm setting my expectations too high.

Thoughts?[/quote']

30 minutes is awesome. I got on the stationary bike this morning and after 10 minutes I felt like j was dying. Just got cleared to do more than walk. Felt great and it's empowering to know I did something to help with my weight loss.

I can totally agree with you. Walking at 300+ is terribly hard. I was 327 pre-op and as high as 350 in the last year. I am now down 75 pounds from my highest weight and 52 from the beginning of my pre-op diet. It will get easier and you will be thankful that you began the walking before surgery, it will help the healing process for you.

I would recommend Leslie Sansone's walk away the pounds videos. They are well paced and she is extremely motivational. She is constantly reminding us to keep our posture correct and to stay up with the music. I just bought a new one "5 Really Big Miles" and I absolutely love it. The nice thing is that she doesn't make you feel bad if you can only do one mile, but challenges you to push yourself a little bit more.

Good luck to you as your sleeve date approaches and keep us posted. In two months you are going to be kicking that treadmill's bootie and loving every minute of it. Personally I cannot remember a time when I weighed less than 300 pounds in the last 20 years and it is awesome.

"The will of God will never take you to where the grace of God cannot protect you."

I love this quote in your signature. Glad to see another believer on here.