Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wheezy Whispers-AKA September's Goals

Glad things are getting resolved wrt the repairs Louise....that IS good news!!! I know it must be frustrating to have this going on both at home and work....hang tight!

I guess it's unsafe to eat politicians, too.:faint:

Crap, there goes another food group. I think they are listed on the Taco Bell menu too. Always thinking outside the bun.:hungry:

Oh i hate renos too! poor u, will insurance pay for a hotel room?

Nope, no hotel room here. Do you think that I could ask my boss if I could work at the local hotel he would agree? I think I will suggest that tomorrow. LOL

That's funny Neenah.

The contractors are still in my house and are yet to be finished at work. Apparently, we are moving in the newly renovated lab this week. The problem is that there were some things that never made it to the final draft like some of the plumbing is missing. There are 4 drains missing, the drains that get rid of biological waste from the analyzers. The manager says we are moving anyway. I say the first time we need to dump some of the waste, he should be the one to do it.

Ha Ha, you do that Wheezy. I can empathize with you. I just got home from work after a 24h computer downtime. What a mess! It was fixing all the paperwork after the computers came back up that was the problem. I've been manually entering lab results all day and my eyes are buggy.

Yuck, Wheezy, thats nasty, I don't even want to know what 'waste' would be, I can only guess.

I admire you for being able to do that kinda work. Nurses too, yuck, thank GOD for people that can handle that stuff. I can't even do my own kid's puke. My husband had to clean it, til the kids got old enough to clean it up themselves. lol. I'm not joking. I can clean up poopy bums, but I don't do puke!!!

Ha Ha, you do that Wheezy. I can empathize with you. I just got home from work after a 24h computer downtime. What a mess! It was fixing all the paperwork after the computers came back up that was the problem. I've been manually entering lab results all day and my eyes are buggy.

OH MY GOD Becca, been there done that!! That's one of the worst things that could happen. Computer downtime procedures are terrible and even worse when they are back up and running. I'm curious, do you have someone check the manual entry before you release the results?

Yuck, Wheezy, thats nasty, I don't even want to know what 'waste' would be, I can only guess.

I admire you for being able to do that kinda work. Nurses too, yuck, thank GOD for people that can handle that stuff. I can't even do my own kid's puke. My husband had to clean it, til the kids got old enough to clean it up themselves. lol. I'm not joking. I can clean up poopy bums, but I don't do puke!!!

When people ask me, how I can work in the lab with blood and guts and all the other excretions you can and cannot imagine, I tell them that at least it's in a test tube or some other container. As for nurses, they have to deal with it when it's coming out of the patients. And that's why I didn't chose nursing as a carreer.

OH MY GOD Becca, been there done that!! That's one of the worst things that could happen. Computer downtime procedures are terrible and even worse when they are back up and running. I'm curious, do you have someone check the manual entry before you release the results?

No, not after the downtime just because we are so backed up when we're done. But manual entries always get double read before they are released on a regular basis. This was supposed to only last 10 hrs but it didn't work out that way. Boy were we tired when we were done!:faint:

No, not after the downtime just because we are so backed up when we're done. But manual entries always get double read before they are released on a regular basis. This was supposed to only last 10 hrs but it didn't work out that way. Boy were we tired when we were done!:faint:

I feel for ya! Tomorrow we are moving from one room to the other. It involves, IT (computer people), maintenance, and us. We are doing all of this without interupting services. (Ya right!) At least that's what all the docs and I'm sure patients expect. These things never go smoothly. I told my husband to have the martini (or three) ready when I get home.

Wish me luck. And when it's all over I have to tell you all about the people who are moving into our department.......Like I said wish me luck that I don't do any physical harm to anyone Haha!

Forgot to tell ya in my last post that as of Friday the contracters are out of my house and the job is done. Now I have to convince me husband that we have to move, the house is looking good...time to get out. My house is now all mine, no more intruders. Yeah!!!

Wheezy, thats good news about your house. Hang tight at work, and ya, enjoy a martini or two or ten, lol. If you don't like to drink alone, I can arrange to have one with you.LOL

Wheezy, thats good news about your house. Hang tight at work, and ya, enjoy a martini or two or ten, lol. If you don't like to drink alone, I can arrange to have one with you.LOL

Cloe get driving east down the 401, I'm ready for that drink!!!!