Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wheezy Whispers-AKA September's Goals

Yeah....that's the ticket!!!

As our fellow Canucky Corey Hart once said, "Never Surrender"!!! That song got me through a lot back then and it will again!

No Way!!! Never Give Up!! There is nothing else out there for me!! My band is my other soul mate.:rolleyes:

No Way!!! Never Give Up!! There is nothing else out there for me!! My band is my other soul mate.:)

I wish I felt that way about my band. I'm beginning to resent it. I thought that the band would prevent me from being hungry. I really have not felt that yet. Yes I have felt restriction at times and I have Pb but when I bought into the whole band thing, I had this vision of eating small amount and being satisfied for a prolong period. Is it going to happen to me??? Is this the way it works for all of you who are losing and have lost weight?

I am getting discouraged....NO I'M NOT, NO I'M NOT, NO I'M NOT!!!

Wheezy...I don't mean to make light of the way you feel (because I know exactly what you mean) and so I hope you take this the right way....

but...my question to you is: are you truly really actually PHYSICALLY hungry....like feeling "for real" physical hunger pangs or do you just "think" you are hungry and fighting the mental demon? Because if I'm honest with myself, I have not been PHSYICALLY hungry....thou my mind tries to tell me I am...I know I'm not...it is just my mind wanting to eat.

Don't get me wrong, I know the "mental/emotional" hunger can be just as bad as the physical but the band won't help us with that....so maybe the band has helped you with the physical hunger but you just haven't recognized the difference yet?

Or I'm full of rubbish and you need another fill!!! LOL

WHEEZY DONT YOU DARE GIVE UP!!!

We are all behind you 100%. so what if your a turtle, after all, slow and stready wins the race!!!

I wish I felt that way about my band. I'm beginning to resent it. I thought that the band would prevent me from being hungry. I really have not felt that yet. Yes I have felt restriction at times and I have Pb but when I bought into the whole band thing, I had this vision of eating small amount and being satisfied for a prolong period. Is it going to happen to me??? Is this the way it works for all of you who are losing and have lost weight?

I am getting discouraged....NO I'M NOT, NO I'M NOT, NO I'M NOT!!!

It's the Fall and we haven't been getting much sunlight this year. This encourages a desire to eat and hibernate, I think. These are the feelings that I have been fighting. It is hard to feel energetic and optimistic when it is gloomy outside. Fight those feelings, girl!!!!

I hear all of you. Yoda, no offense taken, I appreciate the advice.

I spent the day today thinking of what you all said and there may be some truth to what Yoda and Green said. I woke up this morning feeling like it would be nice to see the sun again. It's rained over 50 days in the last 70. It's affecting everyone around here including me. I paid a lot of attention to the hunger thing today and I drank more Water than I have been. Since the band, I have not been drinking a lot of water.

I still think that I need a little more fill. So I will ask the Doc to put in .3 instead of .5ccs.

Again, thanks

Aww... Wheezy. I say don't give up, as well. Really... it's only been 3 months. Give it some time, it IS going to work for you. You're gonna turn into a Cloe, in no time.

I just checked my calendar, and at 3 months out, I had only lost 15lbs since surgery.

And work on that Water. How much would you say you drink in a day? That can REALLY help your weightloss out, so try as hard as you can to make it a priority. Last week, for the first time since my last fill (when I met you), I made an honest effort, and every day, I was drinking 2 litres (at work) and a little more at night. It is hard, especially when you can't chug anymore, but try :)

Wheezy don't give up.Yes i agree with Yoda about the head hunger. I fight with that often. Drink lots and have patience.I would have a small fill.

I too want to add... don't give up... the road is long but so worthwhile. I know you can do it!!

Best of luck.

Dawn

Banded in Montreal

April, 4th, 2006

weight.png

Wheezy,

Get another fill, drink your Water, lean on us, pat yourself on the back, and before long you'll be flying!!!!!!! Hang in there girl, we are all here for ya, and we all KNOW this will work for you.