Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

amount of food

I am newly banded, it has been 3 weeks today. I am wondering if the amount of food I am consuming at one sitting is the correct amount. I can eat about 1 1/2 cups of food. I feel this is to much. I am affraid of streaching out my new stomach. Will the amount reduce after I get my first fill? If this amount is to much what do I do. I don't won't to walk around hungry all day.

:help:

Most people are unfilled at the time of banding. When the swelling subsides, people frequently lose restriction and can eat what they did pre-surgery. One and a half to 2 cups of food at a meal is pretty average. Keep in mind that it might take several fills for you to achieve restriction.

Hi, Ive been banded about 9 weeks. I have had one fill. I am supposed to eat only 1 OUNCE of food 3 times a day, plus Protein Shakes, Water ect. Im finding it alot harder these days to eat only that much. My weight loss has been fast but I do think over eating stretches things out and makes it harder in the long run.

Im going in for a second fill Thursday to see if i can get that good full feeling after only a small amount of food.

Good luck to you :mad:

One ounce of food 3 times a day doesn't seem like it's enough to meet your nutritional requirements. Can you schedule a meeting with the nutritionist to go over your food plan? Best of luck on fill #2.

Elizabeth,

I take 60 grams of liquid protien, Multi Vitamins and 1200 liquid Calcium a day as well. Not that I actually get all that in eveeryday but I do try.

I also cancelled my fill appt I think Im going to hang in there for a few more weeks and see how it goes.

Todays been a great day, yesterday was awful. Some good some bad, I spose thats normal huh!?

You're getting adequate Protein and it's wise to take the supplements but do you eat any solids? Does your surgeon keep you on a liquid diet for an extended period of time? You're progress is wonderful!

Yes I can eat any solids, just supposed to be very small amounts. My new goal is to continue to measure and be better about not grabbing a few chips here and there, snacking was a huge problem for me before and now I see my self starting to do that again!!

I was on liquids ONLY for 5 weeks, then 2 weeks of mushie, so thats why i lost so much so fast. This past month Ive been on "real" food, I only lost 6 pounds so Im really going to watch it this month!

How are things going for you 4 months out?

WOW... 5 weeks of fluids is a long time. I give you credit for doing it. I am now 5 months out and had a hard time getting restriction. I am going on 9/7 for my check-up and another small fill as #3 has lessened quite a bit.

You're right about it being able to slip back to old habits but we went through a lot and have to work through the bad habits. You're doing great.