Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I dont know if this is the right place to put this post, but today at work I almost fainted. SOOO embarrassing. We're talking, right in the middle of ringing up a customer at the store I work, I got tunnel vision, weird noise in my head and could barely make it off the sales floor before collapsing on the floor. I didnt actually faint, but I was sweating profusely, like dripping, and my hands and legs were shaking so bad, I had a cup of Water in my hand and water was spilling out of it. A few minutes before this happened, I started getting warm, and really felt thirsty. This was only the 3rd real day of me working, and the 1st time I met the manager so I feel like a complete and utter ass. I'm still not feeling that great. Has this happened to anyone else before? I'm wondering if I'm a little dehydrated? I went to a Zumba class this morning from 8-9. Had cheese and crackers on my way to the class. Then around 1130-12 I had 1/2 a tuna sandwich. I didnt have anything else to eat after that. The incident was around 4ish. I only had about 20oz of water. Could it be from my lack of food or drink? God I never want to have that happen in public again!

I can't tell you WHY that happened, but I can tell you that I get faint a LOT since the surgery. I know how scary it is.

yes.....you sound like your blood sugar was low....or you were dehydrated.(or mabye both) make sure to get those liquids in, especially after a workout. I do get light headed from time to time when standing but that is due to low blood pressure. If this happens to you, just get up from a sitting or lying position slowly, to give your bp time to adjust. good luck!

You should go see your doctor. It could be many things like blood sugar, blood pressure....... Better to be safe and get it figure out just incase! Good luck, hope you can get it taken care of quickly

I'm so sorry this happened to you! Like the others said there are a number of things it could be. It sounds like to me that you overdid it and didn't eat enough. No matter what though, please see your doctor! Or at least call them.

Feel better!

Thanks everyone! I still dont feel so hot, but not like earlier. I will definitely call my Dr Monday because I'm a little freaked out that it happened so out of the blue, in the worst place. Well, 2nd worst place, I guess it would have been worse if I'd been driving :/

One question Have you drank your Protein Shakes regularly? If not, that could be part of the problem. I experienced feeling faint recently all because i did not get enough Protein intake from drinking my shakes.< /strong>

One question Have you drank your Protein shakes regularly? If not, that could be part of the problem. I experienced feeling faint recently all because i did not get enough Protein intake from drinking my shakes.< /strong>

No I dont drink those anymore at all. I try to get my daily protein with chicken and cheese and tuna fish. Usually, I have no problems exceeding my protein goals for the day. I figured I'd rather eat chicken for Breakfast lunch and dinner than drink the shakes. I could tolerate them totally fine before my surgery, but after, the smell and consistency make me gag.

:wacko:

I recently learned that sleveers can only take in 3 oz per meal I know from experience stated above you need to drink your Protein Shakes in order intensify your Protein intake.

I recently learned that sleveers can only take in 3 oz per meal I know from experience stated above you need to drink your Protein shakes in order intensify your Protein intake.

I was concerned about that so I had a food diary that I took to my last appt and looking over it, theres no need for shakes. Apparently all my NUT wants is for me to eat the 60-80g of protein, so thats what I tend to go by. I figure they get paid to know what they're talking about. :) I still pick some up once in a while to try, but its always the same. The texture is so disgusting that I cant get-and keep-them down. I definitely dont do as well with my Water though. I think I need to up my game there

Point taken and I respect your findings. I only related what happened to me due not taking enough Protein including protein from shakes because we were warned in education class and reminded in our manuel to take in at least 2 shakes daily . Of course each individual experiences different issues, please know this I wish you well and good health.

I was getting faint as well. What is your carb intake like? If it is low you may want to up your carb intake as well as your sodium. My doctor had me do this in order to mininmize the almost fainting feeling. I have it much less now due to the increase in Carbs and sodium. I am trying now to find a happy medium so that I can still lose but also not faint.

Good luck and keep us posted!

I'm so glad i just saw this post. I fainted about an hour ago. Scariest moment of my life so far. I have a follow up scheduled for tomorrow. Just going to rest today.

I was getting faint as well. What is your carb intake like? If it is low you may want to up your carb intake as well as your sodium. My doctor had me do this in order to mininmize the almost fainting feeling. I have it much less now due to the increase in Carbs and sodium. I am trying now to find a happy medium so that I can still lose but also not faint.

Good luck and keep us posted!

My carb intake was really low that day. I think I did a couple things wrong, I waited too long in between meals, didnt have enough carbs and didnt drink enough. I will definitely do better from now on

I'm so glad i just saw this post. I fainted about an hour ago. Scariest moment of my life so far. I have a follow up scheduled for tomorrow. Just going to rest today.

I had never had anything like that happen to me before and it was really scary. The people I work with thought I was having a stroke because I couldnt stand up straight :/ I'm calling my Dr tomorrow just to check up with him and see if he thinks it was a problem or if I just overdid it that day. I'm also wondering if the heat affects us differently? It was over 90 degrees yesterday and its over 90 today too and I dont feel that great today either. My sister had this surgery in Jan and she said she feels really sick when its hot or shes in the sun too long now, way more than she used to. Hmmm. I'm glad youre OK though. Keep us posted on what your Dr says tomorrow!