Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Running Nsv

I LOVE MY SLEEVE! Tonight I completed a 5K in 39 minutes! This is a major accomplishment for me. Before being sleeved it hurt to walk across campus at my school. This evening I ran a good 2.5 miles without walking or stopping AND I was chatting. My pace wasn't anything to brag about, but I DID IT! I have lost 62 pounds and I have quite more to go, but my body is capable of so much more than I ever believed. I registered for two 5Ks and I plan on running the tinkerbell half marathon in January. I can't believe that these events are even possible. Thank you to those who have offered guidance and answered my questions recently. My sleeve and the VST community are awesome.

I'm in week two of a stall and that has gotten me down, but HOLY COW I did an awesome job this evening!

Yes, you did! Amazing NSV!! :)

W00000000t!!!

I so need to hear this. Thanks for sharing and congrats!

Thank you so much!

You are doing an amazing job! Congrats! Keep it up! :)

I was not a very active person pre-surgery and not one even now. I cant even imagine of jogging slow for more than 15 minutes, let alone running 5Ks and marathons.

But I have to say, walking is my new favorite pastime! I look forward to my early morning walks with some great music on my iPod. Those 1.5 to 2 hrs are the best time of my day.

I dont do much in terms of work out coz I'm not very fond of going to the gym :( I only do some cardio. I run the treadmill, hit the elliptical and then do some floor exercise.

I'm still learning to be physically active and it doesnt come easy to me. So seeing posts like this inspire me to get up and keep moving! So thank you very much! :)

Woohoo!!!!! That's figging awsome!!!! The stall will break eventually. You could just be holding Water. That seemed to be my issue while u was running. Up your liquids if you can. It helps!!

That is so awesome what an inspiration. :D I have just this past weekend started a walk/jog routine and I can’t believe that I am doing it! I was never physical and I hated pushing myself past my comfort point before, but post surgery is all about redefining myself and so far so good. The only problem that I have today is my legs hurt… :o

Thanks again for responding!

Fern- it's great to hear from you! I think of you every time I stretch my IT band after running. :)

VJSlim- thank you for taking the time to post. I think it's cool and humbling to be able to inspire others. Isn't this forum so fantastic? Keep on walking and trying to be active.

ItsanewdayCassandra- How's the legs doing? Remember to take it slow and steady. I wish you the best of luck with the new jog/walk routine.

Also - great news! The stall broke after a weekend of hiking. I lost 4.8 pounds! Yay!