Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did You Always Know?

I have struggled with my weight my entire life, but somewhere inside me I have always known that I would not be the fat girl forever. I believe I have found the tool that is going to help me reach that goal! WLS is going to help put an end to my struggles. I know I have hard work ahead of me, but I'm ready!

My question is: How many of you have always known that you were not going to be obese forever???

I was not always obese. I had a few years of slightly overweight in my twenties, but slimmed down and kept it off until my mid-forties. Then it just got out of control, but I, like you, knew someday something would happen and I would go back to being me. What a blessing!!

I'm only half way to goal, but that happened within just over three months. I am confident I can and will do it.

I wasn't always fat, but when I did get fat, I still bought sizes that were just too small. Good thing I never threw them out. They are sure coming in handy now.

I knew I would not be forever, because I knew I was probably in the "Less than 20 years left" area...I knew I would never stop fighting. Ever.

I am glad I never truly gave up. The fact that I never stopped exercising entirely, kept my love of nutritional foods alive, etc...the doctor says that was a part of my regression from being a type 2 diabetic so fast. I already had 5.6 - 6.1 readings, etc...

I should mention that I had alot of bad habits and desperate days in there...sick alot, sick at heart alot. It a damn hard thing to do to see your Hubby look at you - his world - and know you worry him everyday...

I was not always obese. And even after I became obese, I was not continuously obese until several years later. I never thought I would be the huge disgusting slob, but ends up I was. Do I think I'll be fat forever? Honestly, at this point, yes. Maybe not obese, but fat. I hope I am not, and am doing everything I can not to be, but I'm a "history writes the future" kind of girl and EVERY weightloss effort in the past has failed long term results, even previous WLS... so let's call me a hopeful skeptic.

I hoped I would be thin again...and I am 2/3 of the way in 4 months. I was always a healthy girl, not fat but with curves, kinda like Anna Nicole Smith was when she was a Guess girl. I want to be there again...35 more lbs to go!

I have been obese my entire life even as a kid. To be honest I don't even know what skinny is because i've always been the overweight one. Looking back on photos I say wow wish i was that thin again...even if it was technically considered fat.

But to answer you're question, no I didnt imagine myself to be the fat girl my entire life thats why I started looking into options about 2 years ago.

Hell no! The fat girl has to go!!! I wanna be healthy again.....I wanna be cute again....I wanna be able to walk through the airport with luggage in hand and not be winded to the point of sitting down to rest! If I go down.....I'll go down fighting every inch!

I'm like lovelyluna, been obese all my life or should i say "well built" at 12 years old i weighed 222 lbs. . . so i really don't know thinness until now and still I can't wrap my head around it. . . i still see the fat girl and still feel like everyone stares at me. I've lost 150 lbs and can't really see me. . . eventually it'll happen I'm sure! I do notice the little things, like being able to comfortably fit into a plane seat, ride horses, go up stairs without needing life support and so on. . . those things are really great and i'm really grateful, but to be able to look at myself and say your thin. . . well no, not yet. . . but life is good to me. . .