Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't want to get too excited, but yesterday I weighed in at 233.6 and today 233. I have been sitting at 235-237 for over 4 weeks. I've got my fingers crossed that I finally broke this stall. That being said, I've totally fallen off the wagon the past few days. I've been eating treats like crazy. Why cant I get sick-full on chocolate chip Cookies, but I will on less than 3 oz of chicken? !?!?! Its a mystery. Threw the cookies in the garbage though and I won't be buying anymore. Just to be on the safe side though, I bought some ready made Protein Shakes and I'm going to go back to that for a few days. I'm not confident I can reach my goal of 200 by Christmas now though.

You can TOTALLY make your goal of 200 by Christmas. I KNOW you can. It is going to take work and the biggest step is, like you said, don't buy the things you know you shouldn't be eating.

The reason you can eat the Cookies so easily is they are quickly made into the mush that easily passes through the pyloric valve and into the intestines. They quickly leave the stomach. Lean Proteins, in contrast, take far longer to break down and remain in the stomach longer. Remember, the stomach is the mechanical part of digestion. It is the grinder. Foods that grind easily, move through quickly. Just one of the reasons why we are supposed to eat the lean Proteins first.

If you follow the rules:

• Proteins first
  • No liquids before, during or after eating
  • Exercise

I have absolutely no doubt you will meet your goal.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

You will get to your goal and that's all that matters. The best way to reach goal is to stick to eating Proteins, proteins, proteins, and veggies as much as possible. Keep the cars really low and avoid bringing any junk food into the house. If it's not in the house then you won't eat it. If other family members are bringing it home, sit down with time an ask them to help you in your weight loss by not bringing those foods home. You can do this and the weight will fall off. :)

Unfortunately, lol, I was the one bringing them in the house. Its weird, because Cookies arent really my thing, but I always bought them for my son for a treat, and one pkg would last a really long time. I have been concentrating on Proteins, all I've eaten is chicken and cheese and then started adding some salad lately. But I fell into the same problems that have plagued me my whole life, I was depressed when the scale didnt move, so I just started eating anything that was sweet. Even though I dont even really like those cookies :( Its a mental thing I guess, that we all fight with, this week I lost, but next week I wont! I have been SOOOO discouraged with this 4 week stall, that I was seriously regretting my decision for surgery. Now that its moving again, I feel a little better. That makes sense about the carbs though, being digested faster. Plus, I know that sugar can make you feel hungry faster. I'm definitely back on track now though :):)