Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Introduction - Surgery! :)

I wanted to introduce myself - My name is Amy and I am 33 years old. I am married to a wonderful man and have been for 12 years. We have two great boys who are 5 and 7 years old. I am a labor and delivery nurse and I truly do LOVE my job. Nothing like being a part of the miracle of birth, it is such an privilage to be able to be there for the families!

I have currently have the lapband unfilled inside of me. I had surgery to have to placed in Sept of 2011 so not quite a year. I had the surgery and was very hopefully it would be the tool I needed to get my weight off. It went okay for the first few months but after that nothing but problems with pain and not getting restriction. My band has been unfilled for 3 months now. I was just going to get the band out and no do the conversion to the sleeve. I had found out once the band is in insurance doesn’t really like to take it out. After much thought and researching I had decided to convert to the sleeve. My insurance has aproved the conversion to the sleeve!!

My surgery will be July 16th. I have to be at the hospital at 5am for a 7:30am surgery. I will be staying 2 nights in the hospital. My band will be coming out and I will be sleeved. I would be lieing if I said I wasn’t nervous. I am but also excited. I chose the band orginnaly because it wasn’t as “permanent” as the sleeve. Once part of your stomach is gone… its gone.. !

I want to be healthier.. I need to lose about 115 lbs which seems just overwhelming. My boys deserve a mommy who has the energy to run around with them. I deserve to be healthier and have more energy for what life has in store for me. I am so thankful I have a hubby who is so supportive, a family who is always willing to help and friends who I can count on. I look forward to getting to know you all as we proceed forward on this healthy lifetsyle we are choosing!!!

Amy

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hi Amy. I am also Amy. Welcome to the boards. I'm 12 days post op. Actually, 13 since it is past midnight and I couldn't be happier with my decision to have the sleeve. This is my only surgery, but there are plenty of others around here who are band to sleeve revision such as you will be. Heck, there are several RN's around here too. This is a wonderful place to hang out. The people on these boards are wonderful and very supportive. I look forward to seeing you around here!

Amy,

Nice to meet you! I am new here also. I'm 33- mother of 4, I work as a phlebotomist at a hospital. :) I also have about 120 lbs to lose... FOREVER! I'm just about ready to submit my paperwork to insurance- and I hope for a quick and easy approval.

You are very lucky you are able to convert to the sleeve from a band. Surgery is a big decision- and you are lucky to have support to help you. There is so much to learn and read on here... GOOD LUCK to you and hope we hear more from you!

Welcome Amy and Emily!

Thanks!! I know when I had my band placed the Lapband forums were very helpful. I can tell this place is also amazing and I am very thankful for it. I wish you all the best too!! Look forward to seeing you around here!

Amy

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hi Amy

I'm new here too. I've been on here for awhile reading everybodys threads but was just taking it all in. I was glad to see your post because I am also a L&D nurse and love my job! I've been on a waiting list for OVER a year and now I'm in my 4-6 month waiting period going to nutrition, exercise and behavioral health classes. I won't have surgery till sept. I want it done now but I'm also greatful for the support I get from the wt loss program for my insurance. Good luck!