Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Need Your Help !

Hi, this is not easy for me, but i need help.

Wednesday was 6 weeks post-op.

Weight loss, so far:

294 day of surgery (5-2)

257 this morning. (6-16)

minus 37 pounds in 6 weeks....(I was minus 35 pounds at 3 weeks post-op)

I have to admit, at 4 weeks, when i was ok'd for "normal" diet, i am finding this difficult.

I need your help!

Would you all please be willing to share with me a structured daily menu plan? Maybe a couple days worth....thank you so much...

Breakfast: what and how much

Lunch: what and how much

Dinner: what and how much

Snacks? yes or no? what and how much

I am hoping if enough of you respond i can set up a diet plan for a month or more....

Either, message me here or email me at: tjmom53@yahoo.com

Thank you all in advance for your help...

Sandy/tjmom

Hi Sandy,

I'm only on liquids right now because I was just sleeved on 6/4 - do get to start the pureed phase next week but will have to do that for weeks. I just wanted to say hi because I'm from Lynnwood. Who was your surgeon?

I just replied on your other thread and gave you some meal ideas. You basically want to eat your Protein first always.

You are on normal foods at 6 weeks?, But at 6 weeks you should not be on bread yet. So for bfast I usually have a Jimmy dean turkey sausage link, about 2 oz. cottage cheese, scrambled egg (but can't eat it all), and a few red grapefruit sections from the jar. For lunch my fave is either Starkist sandwich ready albacore tuna in the pouch (3.5 oz.), divided onto 2 wasa crispbread crackers with 1/2 slice meunster cheese on each and stick under broiler to melt chees, or turkey deli meat with mustard and a 1/2 slice meunster cheese and a bread n butter stacker pickle slice, rolled up without bread. ( 2 of these). then for dinner I have lean meat, chicken, (I am not a fish eater other than shellfish) or shrimp and I usually make a green veggie but can't ever eat it. i usually have 4 oz. of Protein first at dinner, and not hungry for the rest of whatever on my plate. Snacks are mozzarella cheese stick or lite babybel cheese round, or a yogurt (I can't stand greek yogurt), or a rice cake with a little bit of Peanut Butter, or a handful of almonds. I do not eat bread even though it doesn't bother me because I don't want to get full on it and I keep my carbs very low. I am 6 months and still find it hard to get in 800 calories a day.

You will need to concentrate on your Protein and eat it first. You may not be able to eat over 4 oz. yet at 6 weeks, but make sure you get the protein in first. I still have at least one rtd Protein Drink a day that has about 23g. I also drink about a gallon of mio flavored Water each day. Good luck to you!

Karen4729....My surgeon was Dr Billings with Puget Sound Surgical Center in Edmonds ..... I am from Bellingham,WA.... North of you... Good to meet another Washingtonian !

"CamarilloCA" I just replied on your other thread and gave you some meal ideas. You basically want to eat your Protein first always.

Thank you Camarillo ... I will check there!

"SleeveDreamer"

You are on normal foods at 6 weeks?, But at 6 weeks you should not be on bread yet. So for bfast I usually have a Jimmy dean turkey sausage link, about 2 oz. cottage cheese, scrambled egg (but can't eat it all), and a few red grapefruit sections from the jar. For lunch my fave is either Starkist sandwich ready albacore tuna in the pouch (3.5 oz.), divided onto 2 wasa crispbread crackers with 1/2 slice meunster cheese on each and stick under broiler to melt chees, or turkey deli meat with mustard and a 1/2 slice meunster cheese and a bread n butter stacker pickle slice, rolled up without bread. ( 2 of these). then for dinner I have lean meat, chicken, (I am not a fish eater other than shellfish) or shrimp and I usually make a green veggie but can't ever eat it. i usually have 4 oz. of Protein first at dinner, and not hungry for the rest of whatever on my plate. Snacks are mozzarella cheese stick or lite babybel cheese round, or a yogurt (I can't stand greek yogurt), or a rice cake with a little bit of Peanut Butter, or a handful of almonds. I do not eat bread even though it doesn't bother me because I don't want to get full on it and I keep my carbs very low. I am 6 months and still find it hard to get in 800 calories a day.

You will need to concentrate on your Protein and eat it first. You may not be able to eat over 4 oz. yet at 6 weeks, but make sure you get the protein in first. I still have at least one rtd Protein Drink a day that has about 23g. I also drink about a gallon of mio flavored Water each day. Good luck to you!

SleeveDreamer - thank you so much....your food choices are exactly what i am looking for!

I am going to write down what everyone has suggested and make myself a menu planner...

You all are awesome!