Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You people have got to be tired of hearing me complain about my port! First, someone asked for pictures of my ugly, swollen port incision, so I'm attaching one here.

Second, can anyone who has experience a port injury explain to me how they knew it was injured, and not just painful from normal surgical healing? As if my incision isn't ugly enough, in addition my port, about an inch below the incision is having sharp, stabbing pains. No swelling or infection, just painful when I move certain ways.

post-203981-13813131242477_thumb.jpg

OH MY GOD. I had no idea that pic would show up so big. I hope I don't give anyone nightmares! And really, my boobs are so NOT that big! It's the angle of the camera and this bra... gonna go find me more of these big hooter bras now! I was an A-cup before I gained 100 pounds!

The incision is tender but doesn't hurt. It's just leaking a tiny bit. It stopped, but I bumped it (yes, OUCH) and it opened a tad.

I called my doctor in Mexico and she said to send her the pics. She'll look at them and tell me if I need to worry. At this point, it looks like a normal kiloid to me (abnormal scar formation from trauma.)

But look how good the other scars look for one month post op!

Sexy belly, eh? HAHAH... can't believe I posted my naked bod to the world!

It does look painful. Your other scars look better then mine(mine are dark) and your boobs look great!

I'm sorry I'm not much help. Could we get a face shot too. I'm gonna cut and paste....

hi De Larla i had my surgery 1 day after you and my port incesion looks great although i do have some pain sometimes right near my port scar. gosh i hope you feel better. your pic looked just fine. you will probably wind up with a great bod. Janie :cool:

Ouch! DeLarla that looks really painful - I'm glad to hear it's only tender now.

My port would ache when I was full. My hypothesis was, when my pouch was full, it would push back against the inner-tube of the band, which would put pressure on the fill and try and straighten-out the tubing, which would put pressure on the port (think garden hose turned on full blast, and the end waving around in the air). I don't know if that hypothesis has any basis in fact, but it made sense to me, and that's all I cared about. :cool:

When I wasn't overly full, my port would ache sometimes, or feel like a stitch was pulling. Not always, just sometimes.

All this is normal.

Then one day, I was reaching into the backseat of my car from the driver's seat, and could quite touch what I was reaching for. I stretched harder, and then did the little "bounce" thing - pulled back, and lunged. Right away I felt an incredible burning at my port, which got worse with each passing hour. The next day it seemed as though the port was poking out further, and it really hurt - boy, oh boy, did it HURT! I went through 4 bottles of liquid Tylenol in two weeks. That was the end of June. After two weeks the pain had subsided to a dull roar, but I was aware of my port ALWAYS, and it always hurt. In October when I went for my last fill, Dr. Carmen couldn't access the port, as it was flipped (no wonder it hurt! I think it was sideways, not just upside down.)

She massaged it back into place, and that night was the first time my port didn't hurt since June. Unfortunately, it did not stay in place, and in November I had surgery to have it stitched back down.

Nagging mild pain off and on is normal for me. But boy oh boy, I sure knew when I tore the sutures!

P.S. LOVE the purple bra! You ROCK! :)

Oh, P.P.S. - I read that you can get steroid injections in the keloid and that may help reduce it. Maybe you can check that out?

DeLarla, even almost 10 months out I can still get port-site twinges and pangs when I move certain ways. It may always be like that--like the old knee injury that lets us know when it's going to rain, or something. (Even just typing about this I'm getting a very slight throbbing--it knows I'm talking about it!)

Someday I'm gonna get me a purple bra, too. Don't tell my hubby...Shhhhhh!

You people are killing me! Vera, it hurts to laugh plus I'm trying to keep down my dinner, so stop it! Cut and paste, that's a good one. I have to wonder if that was sarcasm from an old post where I whined about my insane sister who "fixes" my fat pictures on her puter to make me thin. I apparently humiliate her, like I give a rat's ass what anyone thinks! I can just see the horror in her face if she knew I posted a pic of me in my bra on the web. Shit, now I'm laughing again.

And I've done some pretty dumb stuff in my days, but I wasn't about to get my face in the bra pic. Too many enemies out there would have too much fun if they found it.

When I was a teen, I had a cyst removed from my shoulder, and my mom freaked at how the scar exploded (like my port incision.) She took me to doc, who injected 9 needles in that little area (ouch.) I think it was cortisone. If I lose weight I plan on doing my grocery shopping topless, so I'll ask my doc for injections when I get my first fill so the produce clerk doesn't stare at my third nipple.

Don, thanks for the description of your boo-boo. That doesn't sound like my pain. I exercised through a little dull pain but didn't feel this stabbing stuff till the following day. There was never any "pop" or "heat." I've explained to my port that she will be better in a few days.

I'm not even sure if I have a port. I never felt it inside me till this week (one month post op.) I can't physically locate it either. How can we be sure we've been banded and not programmed for some future bizzaro X-Files episode?

And now I shall attempt to post my picture but I don't understand pixel requirements. Last I knew, Pixels flew around NeverNeverland in green tights. Here we goooooooo!

Wow, I haven't seen that picture in a long time. Why did this come back? My incision has been closed for about 3 days now, but it's a little pink, tender and poofy. If it gets any worse, I'll have to go to Urgent Care to have it lanced.

I bumped this post Lisa, for Melissa. She is having problems with her port. From the picture she posted it looks like yours did with the tubing bunching and wanting to come through.

Where is my port-problem-pal? I haven't seen Melissa around.

Maybe I'll take a current pic of my boo-boo in the purple bra just to keep Donali around.

Now THAT'S a purple bra! How did I miss it the first time around? God love ya Lisa, your posts make my day! btw I'm glad your port site is improving.

Maybe I'll take a current pic of my boo-boo in the purple bra just to keep Donali around.

I was just about to give that girl a call...we need to touch bases. I f you find her first, tell her I said, "Hey!"