Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Although I've had the approval via my doctor's office for weeks now, I received the "official" letter from Blue Cross yesterday in the mail and I noted that they indicated it was deemed "medically necessary". It hit me ... they are willing to pay $20K-ish for me to have a surgery that they feel is required for me. That's a heck of a lot of money but it's there because I really truly do need to have this surgery.

I have only a few days until it's sleeve day for me, but realizing that they are willing to pay that much money so I can have a better quality of life is just one big reminder that I am really doing the right thing and on the right track - finally.

Awesome!! Good luck to you.

was deemed "medically necessary".

Hi DuranFan1969

There is a good reason more and more insurance companies like BCBS are accepting and paying for bariatric surgery.

I have diabetes and other co-morbidities. In the long run it is cheaper for insurance to cover this large bill for WLS, because over the years insurance will have to pay much more for medical supplies and medicine for people with such ailments as high blood pressure and diabetes, sleep apnea etc. So getting the WLS makes sense to the insurance company.

I don't think insurance is paying for WLS out of the "goodness of their heart" it just makes good business sense.

Good luck with you upcoming sleeve

you will be very happy

kathy

I have thought about this same thing. However, I don't really have the co-morbidities. Well, sleep apnea and my back hurts but I haven't ever been to the doc to complain of them. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining now just thinking out loud....

I think its funny that before I started looking into the surgery, my Dr prescribed me Meridia to help with my weight loss. I got a letter from my insurance company saying they would not cover that and it was over $100. Also, they did not offer any discounts on gyms or weight loss programs. However, I was able to get approved for surgery right away. Theres something seriously wrong with an industry that will cover $20+ thousand but not a $100 script.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches