Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I may finally have good restriction

He took me to 2.5cc in my 10cm band yeaterday and I can finally feel it. He absolutely did not want to do it, but I talked him in to it. He told me I would probably be in today for an unfill, but we shall see.

Aren't there quite a few of you who started out at lower BMI's that have a bit more fill than most?

Harley,

I didn't have much restriction at 1.5 but 7 weeks post op Dr. Curry bumped me up to 2.25 and so far it seems perfect. I can't eat more than a 1/2 cup, can't gulp my drink and so far have lost 4 pounds this week. My pills take a little while to go down but other than that perfect. I started at a little higher bmi than you but I've heard the same thing. I think the perfect fill is the key as I don't care if I eat or not and then I don't crave anything so far. I just hope it stays like this for a while, don't you? Good luck and let me know how your doing.

I was banded last Monday and feel it very much I can hardly eat at all without either getting it stuck or feeling full in 1/2 cup or less.

Does anyone know when they start to finally stick? I've been going for a fill every month so far and surgery was on June 7th 2006?

I am jealous. I had 1.65 put in my very first fill last Monday and I KNOW it isn't enough. I will give it one more week, then I am phoning and driving 4 hours each way for a second fill.

I WISH I had good restriction.

Good for you. I think I will need over 2.0 for a good restriction.

Me Me !!!

I'm up to 2.5 in a 4cc band and can only just feel the beginning of restriction now, in the sense that others talk about it. But I can still eat bread etc, no limitations on foods, just amounts. Which is perfect for me., I dont feel any need for "perfect" restriction since I was a volume eater not a poor eater in the first place - as in I ate very well, healthy foods but way too much of everything.

I'm very happy, I eat an entirely normal varied diet (with treats) but just dont eat so much these days and its working.

mysherrijo,

That is EXACTLY how I feel and yes I hope ad pray it stays this way. I am able to est about the same amount and it's just enough to get my Protein in. I have also lost 4 lbs.....FINALLY. This is my first real weight loss for a long time.

Jacqui,

I loved being like that....having restriction, but not enough to stop at 1/2-1 cup. I'm really glad you can stay at that restriction and still lose. It just wasn't working for me. I guess with my messed up hormones (thyroid and PCOS), it takes this small of of an amount.

Hey Miper,

I am right there with ya girl! Since having my port revision and being taken up to 2.0, I finally understand what all this talk about restriction is and am loving it. Although, I must admit, when I am eating something that really tastes good, I find myself almost feeling angry that I can't eat more than 4-5 ounces. Oh well, old habits die hard. Thank goodness are bands keep us under control.

Oh boy do I get angry also. I keep wondering how long it takes for it to become habit and not to get frustrated at not being able to eat very much. I was at Downtown Disney this past weekend for a concert and ate at Bongos Cuban rest. I was only able to eat a small cup of black bean Soup. I love cuban sandwiches and was so angry when I could only take 1 bite of my husband's. UGH!!!