Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I flew from Michigan to Minnesota this past week and after my X-ray, they took me aside and the attendant, very professionally and appropriately used her palm to search my abdominal area. Now I know that anyone for any number of reasons can be searched after being scanned but I couldn't help but wonder to what degree do these machines X-Ray you and did they see something "weird" (like most of my stomach missing) or something that prompted the mini search. I was not offended nor am I paranoid; really more curious than anything. Anyone "professional" flyers or work at airports that have a guess, or do you think it truly was just random? If I hadn't had surgery I wouldn't have thought anything of it at all, but now post surgery things make me go... hmmmm?. ;-)

The best part was that I wasn't anxiety ridden over the idea of someone touching my abdominal area and thinking that oh gosh, they are going to feel all of my fat rolls, since I hardly have any anymore!! Hahaha!!

The same thing happened to me they pulled

Sent from my SPH-D700 using VST

Sorry they pulled me aside and asked if I had surgery I wonder what they saw

I'd be more concerned now that they would feel my saggy skin. LOL That is interesting though. I was told at the orientation that the titanium staples wouldn't trigger those devices when traveling. ;) Now I know what to expect.

?... I wonder what they saw...

RIGHT! Me too!!

I'd be more concerned now that they would feel my saggy skin. LOL That is interesting though. I was told at the orientation that the titanium staples wouldn't trigger those devices when traveling. ;) Now I know what to expect.

Too funny, Dorrie! By the way, I like your new Avitar. I've been off the forum recently so maybe you changed it a while ago and I never noticed, but it's a great pic!

Too funny, Dorrie! By the way, I like your new Avitar. I've been off the forum recently so maybe you changed it a while ago and I never noticed, but it's a great pic!

Thanks Nancy, I just changed it the other day. :)

That is odd, because there's nothing in your abdomen. The staples are quite high, more under your ribcage. I went through the fancy 360 scanner that shows everything and was asked to pull up my right pants leg. Nothing there but leg! I have no idea what they saw, just something more dense than somewhere else, I suppose.

That is odd' date=' because there's nothing in your abdomen. The staples are quite high, more under your ribcage. I went through the fancy 360 scanner that shows everything and was asked to pull up my right pants leg. Nothing there but leg! I have no idea what they saw, just something more dense than somewhere else, I suppose.[/quote']

Funny story about your leg! Lol!! But, right. I mean maybe it was totally random, I just wondered how much they can really see in those high tech scanners! :-O