Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Many Issues Since My Sleeve

I was sleeved on May 16th and after getting out of the hospital I was readmitted into the hospital with post op Pnemonia, then after I was released out of the hospital 2 days later i was home for about 3 days and I noticed a severe pain in my calf like a charlie horse.

I thought I was being paranoid and wanted to stay away from docs and hospitals for awhile after spending about a week in one but the pain in my leg kept getting worse and after getting harassed by my wife I went to the ER and they told me I had a DVT (blood clot). So I was admitted again and put on warafin for at least 6 months and had to give myself Loveanox injections into my stomach for a week.

Lastly, about a week after my last incident I was feeling sick and was running a temperature and passed out, my wife called the ambulance and was taken to the hospital and my Pnemonia was back mixed in with me being a lil dehydrated which caused me to pass out, also I guess my warafin can cause some light headedness which might of also contributed to it. So needless to say another 3 days in the hospital and tons of medicine I'm finally home.

3 weeks post op I'm down 30 pounds but I honestly got to say with everything I've gone through I'm not sure I would do it all over again just for a 30 pound weight loss.

So frustrating for me not to mention all the pain & worry I've put the rest of my family through.

I had your complications pre-op! Except for passing out, I never did that one! I took Coumadin for almost a year and it's a nasty little drug. I feel for you!

Get well soon... and you'll soon be on the way to much better health! :)

I'm so sorry that you're going through all of this.. Best wishes and prayers for a speedy and complete recovery..

I'm so happy you went to the hospital and found your blood clot. you've had more than your share of complications and it is very frustrating. But, on the other hand, you will regain your health and begin a new life style. My prayers are with you, hang in there. ;)

I'm so sorry to hear about all your complications - that is everyone's worst nightmare. However, I'm sure that you didn't undergo all this just to lose 30 lbs - I have no doubt that you'll continue to lose and lose and eventually reach your goal weight - just wait and see!

Man, that stinks! Hang in there, it will get better. Do you believe in the power of prayer? Hugs and prayers coming to ya from the mid-south!

Oh wow! So sorry to hear this. Would it help if I assured you this is just a short period of lousy time compared to a lifetime ahead of you that'll be so much healthier?!?

I'm sorry to hear about your complications. Stay positive, and we all will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.