Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chronicles of Cloe!!!!!

Cloe, I kind of see a difference... it's really weird. It's like, when I was 80+ lbs heavier, when I looked in the mirror, I didn't see myself as big as I was. It's like I was a reverse anorexic (?) ... in denial about it, maybe? But then I'd see pictures, or myself passing in a store window, and make myself cry when I did (see myself)... cause I never saw myself like that. Now it's like I'm the opposite. :straight

Exactly. Me too Mandi.....that is how I felt too which is probably why I'm shocked that I've lost almost 60 lbs and I'm not smaller!! LOL

Reverse body dysmorphic disorder!

Mandi and Yoda, you both described the way i feel and think, it is weird i know i have lost a lot of weight, but my eyes are not really seeing it when i look in the mirror.

At the Dr's office on friday when i was having my fill, Sue opened my file and there was the before picture i had giving them. Sue looked at it and said she could really see the difference, my comment was i wish i could see it.

Maybe this Christmas i will let my daughter take a picture of me, i always hide from the picture taking.( i hate having my picture taking). LOL

Maria :)

I've never, ever had a good relationship with my body. When I was thin I thought I was fat. I've never been able to pick out a pair of pants, eyeball them, and figure out that they will probably fit. As a result I like to wear big baggy clothes. They mask the body and they are comfortable.

ditto... I bought some ginch from Walmart the other day, I thought they were cute, and I was so happy to buy it 'off the hanger' (you know, they stuff they have crammed onto hooks, and sometimes you see the odd ones that are actually nice/cute), and not be a 1X, 2X or 3X. It's an XL, and this morning when I went to put 'em on, they looked so small, I didn't think they'd fit. But they did. Same thing with pants... it's weird.

I'm still wearing some underwear that's 2X or 3X... sexy, eh? I'm sure Dan loves it. Especially when I pull 'em up over my boobs and make a strapless bodysuit! Haha, I do that with my surgery sweatpants, and freak him out!

Ginch???!! wow I have not heard (read) that word in forever! Does anyone else use that word?

Well, Ive never heard of it. How old does that make me?

What the hell are y'all talking about???:(

seriously Cloe? You never heard "ginch"....like, "don't get your ginch in a twist?"

I went to my employer Christmas Party last night. I havent been in 5 years, cause I hated getting fancied up. But this year I felt good, I've got a long way to go, but I still feel good so far. So anyway, I ATE SOO MUCH!! The menu was mashed potato, mashed turnip, green Beans, stuffing, turkey(which I only took a little dark meat and smootherd it with cranberries), then lemon pie. Everythings just slid down! When I got to the turkey I just made sure I chewed good and had lots of gravy with it. I couldnt believe what I ate. Needless to say, I'm up a pound, but thats not bad, I even had a few drinks. Mmmmmm, it was really good.

Oh, another funny story. We came home last night around 10:00, and the parents of my son's friend came over to pick up their kid so we invited them in for a drink. So the guy says to my husband......Oh, you look like you have lost weight since the election!!...................?????? Like, Hello! He may have lost .5 pounds off his already slim body!!!!(thats what I wanted to say). Never mind me, I've only lost 76!!!!( I wanted to say that too). Anyway, so go figure. I thought it was funny.(not really):( ,:uwelcome: .

seriously Cloe? You never heard "ginch"....like, "don't get your ginch in a twist?"

:( Nope..........lol.

So I take it that it is underwear?

LOL that is a funny story Cloe!!!! I would have wanted to smack that guy upside the head!!! I'm sure Mr Cloe also found the irony in that situation!!!!

Okay....so, Mr Yoda was looking over my shoulder this round and said "what the hell is "ginch""??? I said, you KNOW that word....tis underwear....well, he couldn't stop laffin' and said the word is "Gitch".

LOL.....and now that I think about it, he is right....that is the term I've used...."gitch" not "ginch"!!! LOL.....maybe that make a difference for ya Cloe?!! (I think my mind was on "grinch" for Xmas!).

One more thing Cloe......OVER 70 LB WEIGHT LOSS?????!!! TOOOOO AWESOME!!!!

:clap2: :clap2:

Okay was too embarrassed to ask, thanks Cloe. now we know what ginch/gitch is.

Sounds like your party was fun.

Maybe the guy was too shy to say something about your weight, I notice men tend to shy away from stuff like that! (to women that is)