Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are There Any Law Enforcement Families Who Had Surgery In Mexico?

So I keep running into this same problem over and over. My parents. "No don't go there, you know its advised for law enforcement not to travel into Mexico." They have no problem with who I chose as my doctor, no doubts in the facility, just very stern on it not being Mexico. My husband is fully aware of the dangers etc, but believes its safe enough to do. After all we are being shuttled in, not like we are driving our own vehicle. Right.

Are there any other law enforcement families that have done the Mexico route for their surgeries. If so do you mind describing your events, and how it went for yall. Especially interested if any of you have used Dr. Alvarez, but any relations to the subject would help.

It's very safe! You are literally right across the border and THOUSANDS of people cross the border daily for work, Medical Tourism, etc... I went to Tijuana to have my surgery and I felt extremely safe the entire time. I took my 65 year old mother with me as well and we didn't have a single issue. Most folks are just ignorant and don't do their research. You will be fine!

Good Luck!

I am a reserve police officer. I was a full time officer for 13 years. I went to Tijuana and had no problems. My dad and my 19 year old daughter went with me. We walked all over shopping and felt totally safe.

I live in San Diego and worry about going to MX for surgery also. However things have setteled down and TJ has always been safer than some other places in MX. But in any town you go to there are places to stay away from. If you don't do anything illegal, go out at dark, follow your doctors advice (where to go where not to go) you will be fine. I have been to TJ 4 times in the last 2 months to have dental work done. I went by myself because I couldn't find anyone who would go across the border with me...I have had NO problems and paid 1/3 for dental compared to here in CA. My gastric bypass surgery is July 23 with Dr. Ponce. I met him and his team while I was in TJ through my coordinator Trish, went to the INT hospital, and talked to a lot of patients there who had just had surgery. I feel great about my choice. Please know that while a lot of people go to Dr. Alvarez and like him he is in a storefront clinic. Too scary for me. But again a lot of people use him and don't mind his clinic.