Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid stage: how many oz. is your protein drink?

(posted on food bb but no replies yet)

So I've got two weeks left on the liquid stage. My crazy doctor requires 3 weeks of liquids, 3 weeks of mushies, and a fill before you eat regular food. What I'm confused about is how big my Liquid Protein drink should be. The nutrionist said 4 oz. and, while I can understand that once I'm on mushies, it makes no sense for Protein drinks. If I only did 4 - 4 oz Protein Drinks a day I'd be way under the level of protein and calories I need in a day. I'm already down 11 pounds in 10 days. If I do 8 oz and sip I seem to have no problems, especially if I take my time over 15-20 minutes.

What did you do?

Thanks!

Britt

I just drank what I needed to fill me up- I was very very lucky. For the most part for the first two weeks it was 2 -4oz and I was stuffed. I was also lucky that my Dr. started mushies after two weeks! I wish I had that restriction now..Good luck- Nancy

Im drinking EAS ready to drink. THey are 15g of protien for 11oz of Fluid.< /p>

I can drink it all in about 30 min.. is this too fast?

I finally called the doctor's office because I'm starving and still losing weight too quickly. They said the info on Portion Control from the nutritionist isn't correct. I should sip my Protein drinks and watch for the full feeling. She said "let the bad do the work" with regard to portion control. Make sure to eat (drink) when I'm hungry. She also told me that as time goes as I heal by before my fill I'll be able to drink more. I'll focus on serving sizes after that (actually I'll probably try to measure during mushies just to keep any eye on intake and nutrition).

Britt

I like Muscle Milk carb concious chocolate 22gm Protein in 8oz

and the one that looks like a test tube" IAS New Whey Liquid Protein 25 gm in 3oz- stick it in the freezer and get it slushy- its fantastic!! Like a snow cone!!

Hi.....

I'm 1 1/2 weeks out from banding and on full liquids. At first I could only drink about 6 ounces of the 3 cup portion of my morning shake. (I use CIB for the carb conscious, along with Protein powder, benefiber, and some frozen fruit - so it aerates up to 3 cups). Now I can polish off the whole shake before lunch - but in two sittings.

I'm still only getting in 800-950 cals a day. How about you guys?

Hey, my crazy doctor required me to do a 30-35 clear liquid fast. He gave us instructions to have home made broth during meal times and Water or other sugarless drinks the rest of the day. It was HELL. But I did manage to do it for 24 days. I had a liquid support thread, it is still here somewhere.

Anyway, I just wanted to encourage you. I did it, I am happy with my results. I came here to whine and complain some days and cry others. There was awesome support here, from other liquid fasters and some who weren't fasting.

My doctor also said not to worry about Protein drinks because our body would provide. I have to say he was right. We have these stores of fat for just such times of little food.

Good luck with your journey.

hugs

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

I had about 6 months between deciding to do surgery and getting scheduled. I came across the book The Pound of Cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariatric surgeon in Arizona, and started to implement some of the changes he recommended (and lost 13 lbs in the process without ever feeling deprived). The book is very simple, and the focus is on whole, plant based foods, but within reason. It's not an all or nothing approach, or going vegan or something, but focuses on improvement and aiming for getting it right 80-90% of the time. His suggestions are divided into 12 sections that you can tackle over time, perhaps one per month for a year if a person is just trying to improve nutrition and build good habits. They range from things like cutting out artificial sweetener or eating more beans to eating a pound of vegetables per day. I found it really effective pre-surgery and it's an eating style I will be working to get back to as I am further out from surgery and have more capacity. Small changes you can sustain will do the most for building good habits for life.

2. Theweightisover2024🙌💪

That sounds awesome. I'll have to check that out thanks!

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches